Player Watch #48 Steely Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Did have a fairly high number of clangers and turnovers for his age group. I think it's a myth he hardly fumbles. I am still happy with his progress.
He was tiring before his break this week, and even early in the year before he had a nice patch of form, and yes some turnovers and clangers, but there were times when he was under the pump and he was very clean, which is sort of what I was talking about. Those sort of hands are fairly rare in your first year players. Saw it with Green in the last few weeks as well as he was running into form, clean and creative.

Campbell plays much more high half forward almost wing. I don't think I saw Campbell fumble a ball in any game and had some great moments. Not to say Greene can't do that as well, but seems to be dangerous around goals. Both have class which is a nice change.

Obviously they're not a 100% apples and apples comparison. Facts are 2 years ago we were the highest scoring team in the league averaging 100. Now we're struggling to crack 50 most games and are often only 2-3 goals at 1/2 time. It's boring and unwatchable. I'm looking for excuses to stop going to games myself. I'm sick of non goal scoring forwards littered throughout our f50. Anyone who can kick goals needs super glue on their magnet. I'm a big fan of Campbell's early season form. Since then he could've been dropped easily half dozen times.

Much better than Campbell.
Different types of players
Campbell is more of a wing/mid wing with his gut running

Campbell looked good when they gave him a few cracks on ball last night

He was probably on the scrap heap a month ago. Might've earned himself another contract.
Had him pencilled in for delisting along with Cumbo and Coulthard, but now I'm not so sure.

Seems to be one of those players who has a greater impact at AFL level than VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seth is still a teenager & Steely turned 20 in January from memory both showing enough to continue developing them.

Need to get Coulthard in next.
Agree, but can’t see who makes room? If someone needs a rest or is injured? Can imagine Matt coultard on rookie list possibly? But just my own thoughts tbh…

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #48 Steely Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back