Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It feeds into the Phillips stuff that we have these super talents who have been cruelly treated or just unlucky.

Curtis Taylor has not one elite trait. Not one. He's ok at a few things and flat out bad at others. Cannot make a career out of that.
Problem is he has made a career out of it, at the end of this contract he will have been on our list for 6 years, most players barely make 2 years let alone 6. Says a lot about the state of our list that he's lasted so long having delivered so little.

Last edited:

hahaha what

tazaa you know your s**t but think you might've taken a hit from the Bigfooty bong on this one.

If Curtis Taylor landed at a proper club they would've hocked him off to us for a 2nd rounder pronto. Just like Collingwood did with their "skinny forward" (his words).
Thing is, he could actually play in his junior years.

Factors such as zero development and basic hunger to get better has meant he's reached his ceiling. Or got nowhere near it.

In a proper system an astute coach perhaps makes something out of him.
Anyways - you are right. Hes s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd lost faith in Curtis Taylor but after watching him today, I feel if he can back up that level or better, he will certainly play AFL this year. Out on his wing, he was certainly better than Stephens.

Scott is a spud and bigger butcher than anyone in the afl
Season 3 What GIF by The Lonely Island

Finding the footy abit at VFL level now. Did some nice things today once he got going, looks like he may have been made aware of his football mortality and seems more desperate in his approach.

He’d be due a game after another solid shift in the VFL.

Maybe Mick McGuane (Taylor’s old coach) coming down to North training and commenting on our standards has lit a fuse for Taylor. I remember Mick once said something along the lines he was the hardest underage footballer he had ever seen. I know I’d be embarrassed if my former coach came to watch me and I’d let my football standards slip so far.

I'd rather play Taylor ahead of Sleevo or Tucker.
Tucker has been decent over the last couple of weeks. He is playing higher so when he cracks in, it far outweighs any errors he might make. He and Shiels are stabilising the club at the moment. It isn’t showing on the stat sheet but they are important.

Sleevo can eff off replaced by Taylor.

Tucker has been decent over the last couple of weeks. He is playing higher so when he cracks in, it far outweighs any errors he might make. He and Shiels are stabilising the club at the moment. It isn’t showing on the stat sheet but they are important.

Sleevo can eff off replaced by Taylor.
ccj with a popped calf would offer more than sleevo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back