Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

p29 would be reasonable under the circumstances, SPS has never developed as we all hoped for, there’s a multitude of reasons life is complex.
Sam is a talented footballer, perhaps being back in the west with a fresh start he’ll be able to realize his potential, gave it a shot, just didn’t work out with the us. I wish SPS all the very best and hope p29 eventually turns out to be a gem for CFC.

Whilst being played out of position and the old regime (Teague, Liddle, Lloyd) would have contributed largely to Samo requesting a trade, I’m of the opinion that there are other factors involved and that it’s a formality that a trade to WCE takes place so long as they stump up a second round pick.

Voss can speak to SPS and that would be great for all involved but really we have not offered him a contract and probably want him off the books to help fit in Hewett and Cerra. So it’s a list management decision made this season (rightly or wrongly) which has come as a result of two main reasons:
1) He was played out of position and was out of favour with the old regime. No point having a player on 300-400k playing reserves.
2) SPS wasn’t able to make it work when opportunities arose (ie- JSOS & Stocker were able to make it work in similar circumstances)

We have had solid intel that the old regime at one stage planned to trade out all of JSOS Stocker Dow SPS and LOB at season’s end. Thankfully JSOS and Stocker made it impossible to do so and Dow has made it difficult. Only a Pagan/Fev situation could save the latter two and for SPS to be so far down the path with WCE then it would require a massive backflip and would burn a keen suitor that must have given him more assurances and confidence than Carlton have.

Yep, lived in Perth for five years.

If thats long enough to make it feel like home, you'd think the five years he's spent in Melbourne would have meant this also feel like home.

Sure, Sps asking for a trade has nothing to do with not being played in the midfield.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Re-read my post. I said it will be a mix of all those things. Played out of position. Dropped a few times. Playing VFL. Medical sub five times. Melbourne in lockdown during his last two years compounds things.

His parents and siblings are in W.A. His school mates are in Perth. His junior footy mates are in Perth. It’s only natural to want to go home AND play in the midfield.

This has become tedious..

He has lived in Melbourne as long as he has lived in Perth and has talked more about growing up in Halls Creek than his time in Perth so I really doubt that he is homesick.
I’d say him wanting to leave is more to do with being played out of position for almost years and West Coast happen to have a need for leg speed in the midfield.
Why would they want SPS then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get pick 29 I think we win on SPS’ exposed form. I think they will give their 3rd rounder up which is of little value.

Again history repeating itself through Teague. Carlton devaluing players through their ineptness. The joke on Carlton is that SPS probably wouldn’t have been much worse than a 2021 version of Cripps who gets a 6 year deal. At the very least they allowed SPS to set the bar low leading to this situation.

Like Kennedy, kicked out of the midfield due to lack of pace. But had to be faster than Cripps If we are honest.

I'm torn. Wasted potential, sure. Played out of position, sure. Sooked it up as a consequence, definitely.
I'm don't want to give him away for nothing, but if he doesn't sort his attitude out then it doesn't matter where we play him.

I'm torn. Wasted potential, sure. Played out of position, sure. Sooked it up as a consequence, definitely.
I'm don't want to give him away for nothing, but if he doesn't sort his attitude out then it doesn't matter where we play him.
Sooked it up when/how?

We cant have 10 players running through the midfield.

If SPS couldnt squeeze Walsh, Cripps, Ed, Dow etc from the midfield and excuse was playing out of position then thats an indictment on the player.

Jack played in the ruck and Stocker half back I have not seen them sook it up once.

Need more players that are flexible to coaches demands - or see ya.
This

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back