Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

He is very raw though. I don't expect much from him next year. He and Daw make for interesting, and competing, prospects.

So was Petrie at 20.

Would love to see some other 200cm players and their results from previous years, but I reckon those results are crazy. 91% for agility at 200cm doesn't make sense.

I've got results for this year and 2010. Any names you'd like to compare?

He is very raw though. I don't expect much from him next year. He and Daw make for interesting, and competing, prospects.

I think Maj is ahead for both a ruck spot and full forward. It's part of the reason I don't really understand the pick. I hope it was just a case of best available, not to provide cover.

I think Maj is ahead for both a ruck spot and full forward. It's part of the reason I don't really understand the pick. I hope it was just a case of best available, not to provide cover.
Two rucks (+ 1 part-timer) is poor list management. We needed someone to replace Mabon. I guessing that the club sees a need for 2-3 "number one" ruckmen and 1-2 forward-rucks. If Brown can play forward at AFL level then we probably have 2/2 on our list.

People have said this isn't a 'needs' pick but imo a key forward who can spend 30% of the game in the ruck is just about the biggest need we have.

If Black, Tarrant or Petrie get injured I'd hope that he'd be next in line, his competition is only Daw and Currie and he is perhaps the better forward out of those three. This pick also hopefully means that the days of Hansen at forward are well and truly over.

I've got results for this year and 2010. Any names you'd like to compare?

Not for comparison but could you give us Atley and Harpers numbers (i'm just curious)

Not for comparison but could you give us Atley and Harpers numbers (i'm just curious)

Don't have the percentiles but 70 kids tested. Those in brackets were the top 3.

Name: Atley/Harper/Mullett/Jacobs
Agility: 56th/28th/4th/22nd (Smedts, Prestia, Michie)
20m: 41st/18th/31st/18th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Batley)
10m: 40th/21st/36th/22nd (Wilkinson, Batley, Harvey)
5m: 48th/39th/34th/18th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Batley)
Beep: 26th/23rd/56th/18th (Hector, Gaff, Wilkinson)
3k: 20th/40th/47th/25th (Gaff,O'Shea, Hector)
Repeat Sprint: 3rd/4th/30th/57th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Atley)

Cam Delaney didn't test.

Don't have the percentiles but 70 kids tested. Those in brackets were the top 3.

Name: Atley/Harper/Mullett/Jacobs
Agility: 56th/28th/4th/22nd (Smedts, Prestia, Michie)
20m: 41st/18th/31st/18th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Batley)
10m: 40th/21st/36th/22nd (Wilkinson, Batley, Harvey)
5m: 48th/39th/34th/18th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Batley)
Beep: 26th/23rd/56th/18th (Hector, Gaff, Wilkinson)
3k: 20th/40th/47th/25th (Gaff,O'Shea, Hector)
Repeat Sprint: 3rd/4th/30th/57th (Wilkinson, Harvey, Atley)

Cam Delaney didn't test.

Wow. Was Atley tanking? No wonder he slid to us.

Thanks for sharing

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-11-22/browns-persistence-pays-off
221113_brown_ih.jpg

Strong Kanga-Lotto candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't actually realise that he was only 20. thought he was 22 or so.

Yes. The numbers are the percentile.

Skinfolds: 96
Handspan: 83
Arm length: 86
Standing vertical Leap: 44
Right leg running jump: 92
Left leg running jump: 74
5m sprint: 83
10m sprint: 76
20m sprint: 65
Agility: 91
Beep Test: 56
Repeat Sprint: 36
3k Time Trial: 74

Disproportionate handspan.

Get. Rid.of.

I'm sure he can dance, I'm sure he can dance.

Thanks for that mate.

Now I'll have Leo ****ing Sayer singing in my head.

Still, I guess Leo's a better comparison than another I had for Ben.......Richard Simmons:eek:

It's odd to compare a draftee to somebody a year younger than him but it occurred to me while watching his highlights that he is a lot like Joe Daniher.

How far off would this comparison be?

I remember watching that game thinking he was a lock to get drafted this year. Very happy that we were the ones to do it. :thumbsu:
Totally agree.......l'm happy using pick 47 rather than wait until our rookie selection and missing out on him...........

It's odd to compare a draftee to somebody a year younger than him but it occurred to me while watching his highlights that he is a lot like Joe Daniher.

How far off would this comparison be?

Lets not be harsh on Benny now, i'm sure he's much more capable than baby giraffe Daniher.

I don't know why but I can see Brown replacing Mabon's spot in the Pirates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back