Player Watch #50: Ben Brown – retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown > Petty

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Why are we still talking about Ben Brown?

I still like Ben Brown

Never had a great run with his body after leaving North, and wasn't a great fit for our game style.

Still, he played an important role in the flag and is a gem off the field. Cheers, Benny.

Don’t know what his plans are but I wouldn’t mind his sticking around in some capacity. I have this idea he might involve himself more in the AFLW, he seems to have a real passion for development of the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff that, bloke was lucky to be on the list this year thanks to our poor contracts. Should have retired 2 years ago
Farewell games are for club legends not 50 odd game c graders
Meh. He came in and did a job for us when it mattered, kicked the goal that broke the Dogs hearts. His body fell apart later and I melted as much as anyone over his performances but tbh I'm sick of the club treating it's veterans so disposably.

Seems well liked and respected within the club and across the league and there is literally nothing to be gained from this game anyway.

Besides Petty has been shit all year and Brown should have arguably come in a number of different times. Kicked 6 goals in an 80 point loss last week so I'm happy to say he's earned it.

Nah the goals that broke the dogs were Sparrow and Oliver. Game was over then
We haven't treated him poorly, hes made a pay check to be a reserves level player for 2 years now, should have retired last year.
May aswell give Hunter a farewell game aswell then
You really need to read the room some times. It's actually not that cool or whatever to be a contrarian all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50: Ben Brown – retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back