Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting this champion to 100 games is going to be white line fever and exactly how Marion plays, but if we keep playing him forward we will kill his career well before it. Terrible move having him up there.
Agreed. Should be on a wing.

Had a terrible game last weekend.

Think he's playing forward to try and help make a contest with his aerial ability. Jack and Ryan clearly aren't enough to give a contest down the line.

Didn't work last weekend, but worked vs the Cats.
It only worked against the Cats bc we had a genuine tall in Miller assisting Jack. It wasn’t bc of Pickett.

Two of those guys didn’t play. its the guys we had Saturday night in Cotchin Graham Prestia Pickett and Dusty all rotating through it. Way too slow. MRJ and now a rejuvenated Cumberland are definitely what we need to force these names out of it. The only blokes that look dangerous there are Cotchin and Dusty. We need an extra tall with two genuine fast small forwards plus Dusty and Cotchin . Graham and Prestia should only be there with Clarke on rotations when the others are on the bench. Pickett is lost there and doesnt know the true forward role.
We cant help injuries unfortunately and in some cases form

Cotchin , Prestia , Graham are fill in players in that position and are not long term options
Seth Campbell, Cumberland , Smith & Clarke will be taking these roles 2024 and beyond and we dont really know what Steely Green's position will be
Or we could also have the option of running Baker through the foward line depending on the developments of the younger guys and their positions

KPF is the main position we are falling short and need options as we have all our eggs in the Bradtke/Ryan basket and we are atleast 1 and probably 2 players short in this area

Cotchin , Prestia , Graham are fill in players in that position and are not long term options
Seth Campbell, Cumberland , Smith & Clarke will be taking these roles 2024 and beyond and we dont really know what Steely Green's position will be
Or we could also have the option of running Baker through the foward line depending on the developments of the younger guys and their positions

KPF is the main position we are falling short and need options as we have all our eggs in the Bradtke/Ryan basket and we are atleast 1 and probably 2 players short in this area
No Cumberland again in wet conditions maybe it will work with the Richmond Nursing home blokes this week

That was a nightmare
Just when you think change is coming same old crap Ross wing,and this guy forward whom cant take a mark but can take super marks all around the ground the guy is lost up there ffs. Coach leaves cause he cant get anything from players, new guy who has been with dh nearly the whole time keeps our super plan going :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've run out of patience with this guy, I don't think he will be in the team much next season.

Thing I noticed at the ground was how much he lacked the energy for the tackle inside. Just coasted.

He should be dropped but I agree with others, he’s down the list and we need to get him to 100 games like we need to get Cotch to 300 games. Today we carried so many players and still got within of a so called top team.

If Cotchin, Graham & Prestia are only "fill-ins" then our list management needs to be throttled. Around $1.5m in cap space between those 3. Not what you pay "fill ins" at all.

Graham is a massive disappointment really. Earmarked as a captain once and has ended up being borderline VFL level.

The club needed to make this change 2 years ago, but the taste of glory really influenced our better judgement. Not just the club is guilty of that, the supporters were mostly supportive of it.

Looking back at our list after the 2019 GF, we were awesomely placed to have no massive "drop off" in transition between era's. We have a great list, with a good blend of young and old. If you told me after the 2019 GF that we would also have 5 picks in the top 30 in 2021 without really losing any talent required, i would have danced around the streets.

Its a valuable lesson for the club and its supporters. Much like a session at the pub - if you have had a great day already and thinking between "one more Beer" or "going home"..... you always "go home". One more beer after a long session is never a good idea. Unless some hottie making an equally bad decision decides to sit next to you, of course.

If Cotchin, Graham & Prestia are only "fill-ins" then our list management needs to be throttled. Around $1.5m in cap space between those 3. Not what you pay "fill ins" at all.

Graham is a massive disappointment really. Earmarked as a captain once and has ended up being borderline VFL level.

The club needed to make this change 2 years ago, but the taste of glory really influenced our better judgement. Not just the club is guilty of that, the supporters were mostly supportive of it.

Looking back at our list after the 2019 GF, we were awesomely placed to have no massive "drop off" in transition between era's. We have a great list, with a good blend of young and old. If you told me after the 2019 GF that we would also have 5 picks in the top 30 in 2021 without really losing any talent required, i would have danced around the streets.

Its a valuable lesson for the club and its supporters. Much like a session at the pub - if you have had a great day already and thinking between "one more Beer" or "going home"..... you always "go home". One more beer after a long session is never a good idea. Unless some hottie making an equally bad decision decides to sit next to you, of course.
It's becoming clearer to me that our recruitment team stuffed up that draft.

It's becoming clearer to me that our recruitment team stuffed up that draft.

It is feeling that way. Even at the time of the draft happening, the selections didn't feel right. Felt like we were drafting the same type of player over and over again, and it was a type of player we really didn't require. It's feeling a bit like 2004 again tbh.

Yeah this would have been a great post if you had posted it 2 years ago
1685263544110.jpeg

Interesting. Rozee had 27 touches, 6 clearances, 8 inside 50's and 9 score involvements.

Not quite sure Marlion's tag job was very effective.

Yeah, not sure what people are expecting McQ to say here. Reckon the interim, fill in coach is going to start roasting players after his first match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back