Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell you can know what a kid is going to be like as a player at the age of 13 is beyond belief
Thanks for actually proving my point, Brainiac.

It's what I've said all along .. you have no absolute idea what a 13yo or 11yo is going to work out like.

But you and your mates keep telling everyone we've missed out on a great potential father and son pick and what's more, wr should gift his dad 10 more games to ensure it.

Wake up and smell the roses.

ezgif-3-d14c70d96a-gif.1470612

When talking about his partner Jess, his mum and his late father it got to me. We really need to make sure this bloke stays closely connected to the club in some type of capacity. Go well Marlion. 👏
100% 👍 agreed

You really do
Thanks for actually proving my point, Brainiac.

It's what I've said all along .. you have no absolute idea what a 13yo or 11yo is going to work out like.

But you and your mates keep telling everyone we've missed out on a great potential father and son pick and what's more, wr should gift his dad 10 more games to ensure it.

Wake up and smell the roses.
You really must enjoy bad mouthing people
disgusting as your avatar

MSDs should be capped at 75 games for father sons

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I posted this a while back. Club should have been lobbying the AFL. No way a bloke who battles to 105 games over 8 years and gets father/son status at a bottom club is more qualified and more part of a club’s fabric and history than a dual premiership player.

I’ve said it before; premiership players should automatically qualify for father/son/daughter.

Premiership players and their families are far more part of the club’s fabric and history than the odd random who plays 101 games.

Club should be lobbying the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently o/s on hols so spewing I’m gunna miss marlions final game and Dustys/Dylans farewell.
Anyways sad to hear it’s ending but 19gf debut and hearing oppose bones crack from the 2nd level will never be forgotten.

Enjoy retirement.

Last edited:
this bloke was your classic 70's footballer,winger ,bought a tear to me eye the way he approached the game,unpredictable ? yes, but boy his opponents were nervous waiting for the crunch everytime he was in the vicinity,loved his desire for physical contact,(CFL breathing a sigh of relief today,muppets) treasure his Keith Greig blind turn, was something to behold,the highlite of the 2019 GF for me along with the Goats 2nd qtr goal,thanks for the memories Marlion an old school RFC champion

credit to Dimma here for havin the cahoonas,bigged up big time

I didnt cry watching Grimes but this one got me for some reason...maybe its a bit more of a shock?

I feel like he is going to go out with a bang on Saturday.....
Hopefully he dosnt do anything stupid but i think he will stamp his mark somehow.
I wish this game was against carltoon and he did his best impersonation of neil balme 50 years ago

waiting for the tweet from towmey in the future :

"john pickett, the son of former Richmond dual premiership cult hero Marlion Pickett is widely touted to be the number 1 AFL draft pick at the 2028 AFL draft, pickett also has 2 more upcoming sons that have set disposal records at junior level"

IMG_0332.gif

IMG_0332.gif

You really do

You really must enjoy bad mouthing people
disgusting as your avatar
Sawdust between ears
Wood for brains
'Dumbest' post

Not to mention the countless swipes you take at everyone else on here.

Yet the audacity to suggest I'm 'bad mouthing people'.

Maybe go have a look in the mirror and rerfine your own behaviours.

PS. Congrats on derailing the thread with your bull****.
Just another poster who thinks he's always right and can't tolerate an opposing view.
Good luck to you.

Sawdust between ears
Wood for brains
'Dumbest' post

Not to mention the countless swipes you take at everyone else on here.

Yet the audacity to suggest I'm 'bad mouthing people'.

Maybe go have a look in the mirror and rerfine your own behaviours.

PS. Congrats on derailing the thread with your bull****.
Just another poster who thinks he's always right and can't tolerate an opposing view.
Good luck to you.
Your rubbish is just that rubbish
and just a waste of bandwidth

I didnt cry watching Grimes but this one got me for some reason...maybe its a bit more of a shock?

I feel like he is going to go out with a bang on Saturday.....
Hopefully he dosnt do anything stupid but i think he will stamp his mark somehow.

that was a real emotional farewell.

good stuff, wears his heart on his sleeve, not everybody does that, I enjoyed it, classy

obviously something special there the way Pickett said so long. different journey and clearly a good experience by everybody from the looks of it, brought great contribution on field to. unfortunately even good things come to an end, thats life but at least the memories and experiences they will always carry and share apart from a few re-unions no doubt

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back