Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Came on and was one of our better players instantly.

Why was the hell was he the sub in his final game?

Been battling injury hasn’t he ? Maybe they wanted to make sure he was on the field when the final siren went ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely if he thought his kids were going to be good he would’ve made sure they were f/s eligible. They would have been dreaming of playing for Richmond one day.

Admittedly, we don’t know what is, or potentially could be happening in his life. Maybe the court case is looking grim. Who knows?

I’ve been on this topic for three or four years now; not because I obsess about father/sons, but because you never have a bloke under 100 games in your team with four kids. Never happens.

The fact that they have incredible footy bloodlines only intensified my monitoring of his tally.

****ing annoying. And I feel for his kids as well.
If Marlion and his family stay in Melbourne than I can see Tigers recruiting his kids as NGA selections if they wanna play footy professionally. (And obviously are talented enough to be in the national draft conversations)

If Marlion and his family stay in Melbourne than I can see Tigers recruiting his kids as NGA selections if they wanna play footy professionally. (And obviously are talented enough to be in the national draft conversations)
They're not staying in Melbourne. I posted a few days ago that he's already enrolling his kids into a school on the Tiwi Islands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we did and he'd just had enough of it in Melbourne
Yeah, you could be onto something there. How much abuse can anyone take?

We know what campaigners are like on social media and yelling shit out over the fence at the footy. No reason to think that this behaviour hasn't also carried over to snide or bigoted remarks at the shopping centre with his kids in tow, or out the passenger side window by a moving hero at the school crossing.

In which case, he'd be mad to stick around and be forced to tolerate it.

We know what campaigners are like on social media and yelling shit out over the fence at the footy. No reason to think that this behaviour hasn't also carried over to snide or bigoted remarks at the shopping centre with his kids in tow, or out the passenger side window by a moving hero at the school crossing.

All speculation. He’s been through a lot of worse things in his time than all your drama. Like a lot of people that have lived away from home or family like to eventually go back. Even I got home sick and went back to my original stomping ground. It’s actually amazing how many people I speak to that end up going back bc the smoke lifestyle was too hectic for them and wanted a bit more peace in their lives.

Last edited:

Why move to Darwin from Melbourne? I thought WA might have the go home factor for a Noongar man and family. Racism will be identical wherever he and the family goes. More indig people in the Territory but I know a whitey who lived near Alice. It was out of control.

Darwin is slightly different, and new govt swept into power, going to be tough on crime. I hope Marlion don't fall on the wrong side of all that. NT police force is officially racist, and shoot to kill.

Maybe Melbourne was just too boring compared to the Territory.

Why move to Darwin from Melbourne? I thought WA might have the go home factor for a Noongar man and family. Racism will be identical wherever he and the family goes. More indig people in the Territory but I know a whitey who lived near Alice. It was out of control.

Darwin is slightly different, and new govt swept into power, going to be tough on crime. I hope Marlion don't fall on the wrong side of all that. NT police force is officially racist, and shoot to kill.

Anyhow like their bumper sticker.

C..U..in the.. N..T.
Yeay TTT, hearing you mate. I know I loosely inferred racism, but I was probably more referring to all the prison stuff that constantly bombards him from cowards who know he can't step up to them and do anything about it.

Yeay TTT, hearing you mate. I know I loosely inferred racism, but I was probably more referring to all the prison stuff that constantly bombards him from cowards who know he can't step up to them and do anything about it.
Sometimes its ugly.. othertimes

I will bite...A theory only. He will get offf a trumped up charge in WA.
This will not stop that states pol force hounding for revenge. Likewise extended family will hound for money and support. Life may well be miserable for his immediate family in WA.

I don't know, but guess that the Richmond players past and present and club officials have involvement in supporting this move to help with a comfortable existence at leat in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back