Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

WA is not known for their fair treatment of our indigenous people.
When I was a young bloke in Perth I went out with a few indigenous boys I was working with at the time.

Cops grabbed us in Hay st mall. Pulled me aside and asked what I was doing hanging out with these (b word inserted). Asked if my folks knew I was out with. Proceeded to drag one of the guys off for no reason I could see.

It was pretty confronting

Starting to think that the police don't actually have much on him, and that's why they keep delaying.
I said this after the first adjournment , the way it read originally they were going to re introduce the death sentence , much to some on here laving it , every adjournment by the pigs smells of they don’t have enough evidence

I was involved in a jury case at the county court here over a stolen car ffs , the cops evidence was that the campaigner was guilty of stealing a car which he allegedly confessed to whilst in the cops evidence “singing like a bird” The had no details of the alleged car that was stolen , and did a door knock of a suburb to find out which car was stolen, they hated this campaigner.

Apperently min his statement he admitted to everything including where it was dumped.

His barrister said and I quote “if he was singing like a bird why not just go to where the vehicle was dumped , instead of using police resources to door knock” I almost got done for contempt of court I was trying to hold back my laughter , surmise to say he got off.

Sounded like he was verballed

Ps The jury never found out what car was stolen, I would have thought that would be in the charges like for example , this campaigner stole a ford/holden ergo no xxx123 etc , but it was never part of the charge, no idea how a stolen car got to the county court in front of a jury

$6 grand and $9 grand ..... yes large sums. Could be anything, could be money he loaned his bro in law previously and perhaps with this crime committed the dumb arse paid it back.

I reckon he will get off because he wasn't involved. Thats just my personal view you obviously have him hung drawn and quartered.
I'm just saying that with the limited knowledge we have of the case, it looks bad for him.

I'm not going to form an opinion that I think he's innocent just because he plays for Richmond.

I said this after the first adjournment , the way it read originally they were going to re introduce the death sentence , much to some on here laving it , every adjournment by the pigs smells of they don’t have enough evidence
Reckon the only thing they got is by his mobile phone ping and he was in the area at the time. If that's all they got no way enough for a conviction

Reckon the only thing they got is by his mobile phone ping and he was in the area at the time. If that's all they got no way enough for a conviction
And they may not even have that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scares me that Pickett & McIntosh are still in our best 22 to start.
Was always going to be the way imo, and tbf if we are purely looking at who will play the wing roles the best it’s still Kmac and Pickett but by the end of the year I suspect it will no longer be the case

Fwiw Banks was selected to start on field over Pickett

When I was a young bloke in Perth I went out with a few indigenous boys I was working with at the time.

Cops grabbed us in Hay st mall. Pulled me aside and asked what I was doing hanging out with these (b word inserted). Asked if my folks knew I was out with. Proceeded to drag one of the guys off for no reason I could see.

It was pretty confronting
Have you been back since last year ,

Was always going to be the way imo, and tbf if we are purely looking at who will play the wing roles the best it’s still Kmac and Pickett but by the end of the year I suspect it will no longer be the case

Fwiw Banks was selected to start on field over Pickett
we're lacking size, I reckon that's the only reason they haven't been squeezed out. Can't have 60kg kids on the wings getting beaten in contests all day. Banks has only just started tipping the scale in the right direction. HRS should be getting a game, big enough, if only he wasn't a complete butcher and allergic to contests.

we're lacking size, I reckon that's the only reason they haven't been squeezed out. Can't have 60kg kids on the wings getting beaten in contests all day. Banks has only just started tipping the scale in the right direction. HRS should be getting a game, big enough, if only he wasn't a complete butcher and allergic to contests.
Ain’t that the truth
That is one thing that is easy to overlook especially with Kmac he’s very tall for a fat side winger and is often matched up against smaller players along with the size as you pointed out I don’t think we have anyone in our side who is as hard as Pickett and willing to use his body as a battering ram

At least Banks is in the lineup. I hope at least one of those guys has been squeezed out before the end of the season, ideally both.

Pickett would make a great sub.
Pickett can still be made sub
It’s one of Borad, Dow, Pickett, Ryan or Ross going off the new rules

Yeah. I meant once a kid or two squeeze him and McIntosh out of the side. I'm happy Banks has been named on field but I'm surprised McIntosh has too, ahead of Marlion who was one of our best in pre season.

Don't reckon it's Broad, Dow, Ryan or Ross. That sort of leave Pickett to me.
Yeah it’s between Pickett and Ross imo
Both utility types
Hope it’s Pickett just so Ross gets more potential game time

Hopefully not Broad or Dow. Pickett would be the one I hope.

Yeah it’s between Pickett and Ross imo
Both utility types
Hope it’s Pickett just so Ross gets more potential game time
Same logic here. I think that Ross is better in many ways. So I end up with Pickett.

Having said that I reckon Pickett is a great Mr Fixit to have on field. Part of his problem is that he is a good wing, and can do ruck, forward, half back, inside mid, and tagger. So he hasn't been left in his best spot.

Ain’t that the truth
That is one thing that is easy to overlook especially with Kmac he’s very tall for a fat side winger and is often matched up against smaller players along with the size as you pointed out I don’t think we have anyone in our side who is as hard as Pickett and willing to use his body as a battering ram
hrs is a bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back