Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporting the bullying and abuse of a teenager because he has slighted your footy club. Super classy.
and what If Boak did take up Geelong's offer years ago......what would be the consensus on the port board?

''Oh well...bad luck''
''Farewell Trav....we will miss you''
''Thanks for coming and good luck at your new club''

Spare us the moral high ground speech when you know that if the shoe was on the other foot....you lot would be feral.

If the situation were reversed and a gun Vic from Port they'd taken at 1 who's dad played for North blah blah left, they'd be talking about pick 8 and LDU.

In all seriousness, they’d probably ask for pick 8 and Powell and we’d provably seriously consider it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

and what If Boak did take up Geelong's offer years ago......what would be the consensus on the port board?

''Oh well...bad luck''
''Farewell Trav....we will miss you''
''Thanks for coming and good luck at your new club''

Spare us the moral high ground speech when you know that if the shoe was on the other foot....you lot would be feral.
Still referencing an OOC Ben Jacobs from 2011 or something.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Supporting the bullying and abuse of a teenager because he has slighted your footy club. Super classy.
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

JHF will be a very good footballer and once at home will be a different person too I suspect. We took the chance to see if we could accomodate him , but for many reasons it didn't work out. We will be well compensated for him though imo

If the situation were reversed and a gun Vic from Port they'd taken at 1 who's dad played for North blah blah left, they'd be talking about pick 8 and LDU.

The irrational ones would be - though that would be as equally egregious as asking for pick 8 and Butters.

Butters would be in the top 3 players talent wise at Port. I'm not sure they'd even trade Butters for JHF straight up let alone including pick 8.

For argument's sake - let's hypothetically say the offer from North was Butters and 8 for JHF. I can clearly see the incentive for North - gets an elite talent yet to enter the prime of his career who has already had multiple game winning moments, in addition to a reasonably high first round pick to accelerate a rebuild. Not to mention it gets them off JHF who for all intents and purposes became a distraction by the end of this past season more than anything.

Where is the incentive for Port in such a trade? Such a trade doesn't plug any hole at Port - it would simply be one forward/midfielder hybrid for another, combined with the loss of a top asset being a top 10 pick. It just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Easy to say "ok well we will hold onto him and can revisit this in 12 months time if necessary." You've got a player who doesn't want to be there, and dare I say it is not as if any one would expect North's fortunes to turn around so suddenly that JHF would pivot and choose to stay at North in 12 months time. At that point he's out of contract. Given his ties to Port he'd most likely pick them over the Crows in 12 months, and then we're playing this same carousel of sorts.

If you take the emotion out of it on both sides it is clear at least from my perspective that there is a trade to be had that will satisfy both sides - one that will allow both clubs to come out looking like winners with their various supporter bases. If I were to guess, it'll be closer to pick 8, a future 1st and a steak knives type pick or pick swap than it would be to two 1st round picks and a top talent from Port.

Let's get the popcorn and see how it plays out. I spoke to someone who is very well connected to the Port side of things and they were adamant the deal was going to get done based on discussions Port and North have had over the last few days. Guess we will find out soon!

AFL club: Adelaide

You can't blame us for that one.

I've never seen him before

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ooops. My bad.

How pathetic of that Adelaide turd to jump in here with that. He must be very unpopular on his board if the best he can do is come here to suck up to Port supporters. What a loser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irrational ones would be - though that would be as equally egregious as asking for pick 8 and Butters.

Butters would be in the top 3 players talent wise at Port. I'm not sure they'd even trade Butters for JHF straight up let alone including pick 8.

For argument's sake - let's hypothetically say the offer from North was Butters and 8 for JHF. I can clearly see the incentive for North - gets an elite talent yet to enter the prime of his career who has already had multiple game winning moments, in addition to a reasonably high first round pick to accelerate a rebuild. Not to mention it gets them off JHF who for all intents and purposes became a distraction by the end of this past season more than anything.

Where is the incentive for Port in such a trade? Such a trade doesn't plug any hole at Port - it would simply be one forward/midfielder hybrid for another, combined with the loss of a top asset being a top 10 pick. It just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Easy to say "ok well we will hold onto him and can revisit this in 12 months time if necessary." You've got a player who doesn't want to be there, and dare I say it is not as if any one would expect North's fortunes to turn around so suddenly that JHF would pivot and choose to stay at North in 12 months time. At that point he's out of contract. Given his ties to Port he'd most likely pick them over the Crows in 12 months, and then we're playing this same carousel of sorts.

If you take the emotion out of it on both sides it is clear at least from my perspective that there is a trade to be had that will satisfy both sides - one that will allow both clubs to come out looking like winners with their various supporter bases. If I were to guess, it'll be closer to pick 8, a future 1st and a steak knives type pick or pick swap than it would be to two 1st round picks and a top talent from Port.

Let's get the popcorn and see how it plays out. I spoke to someone who is very well connected to the Port side of things and they were adamant the deal was going to get done based on discussions Port and North have had over the last few days. Guess we will find out soon!
It’s day 1 and you’re already offering us pick 8, a future first and a steak knives pick.

Fast forward a week, Kern will be marinating in his own stress juices and pay more then you’d like.

North - Pick 8, Future first, Sinn
Port - JHF, Future third

The only thing worse then opposition posters coming onto our thread to devalue player X…

Is North posters cucking it up on the main board suggesting that Ports offer is fair and that we should take it, for a few likes from the opposition posters.

mouncey2franklin if you think pick 8 & a future first is a fair trade for JHF that we should just accept, then congrats, you think he’s worth less then SOS, Rendell, Noble, Barrett & Edmund.

Are you happening to be selling anything at the moment? Sounds like free money to me.

Having read the thoughts of about a dozen Port supporters in here over the past day, there really seems to be a consistent dimension to this that none of you seem to understand: you've caused us a significant imposition by announcing your attempted heist of a contracted 19 year old on the eve of the trade season. Your club has been secretly in his ear for months. And the decision - which Jason, his management, and Port are all equally responsible for - was ultimately announced in the most gutless, unfair manner possible. It gives us minimal time to assess how this will impact the rest of our trade positions. And for all that, you guys deserve to pay above market rates.

In case you missed the post earlier:

Need more than "get what you can and risk losing for a lot less or nothing"

Continually taking unders is one thing.

Letting a high draft pick go under contract after one year PLUS taking unders to me is far more detrimental and risky than taking reduced value next year.

If we are in a similar or worse position, having reduced value from JHF will be the least of our worries.

Don't begrudge Port supporters thinking they aren't happy with what is being suggested, but if he doesn't get there, that's on Port and Jason, not us.

That's taking the emotion out of it.

We aren't shopping him around ala Brown. Port has actively sought him out and Jason wants to go. Totally incumbent on Port to satisfy North in a trade. Otherwise they walk away if they aren't happy.

It’s day 1 and you’re already offering us pick 8, a future first and a steak knives pick.

Fast forward a week, Kern will be marinating in his own stress juices and pay more then you’d like.

North - Pick 8, Future first, Sinn
Port - JHF, Future third

You're assuming that Sinn would want to move - which i highly doubt given he's contracted until end of 2025.

I think of all the players mentioned Bergman would be the one most likely to move, though in such a scenario I imagine Port would push for a future 2nd rather than future 3rd coming back the other way.

Having read the thoughts of about a dozen Port supporters in here over the past day, there really seems to be a consistent dimension to this that none of you seem to understand: you've caused us a significant imposition by announcing your attempted heist of a contracted 19 year old on the eve of the trade season. Your club has been secretly in his ear for months. And the decision - which Jason, his management, and Port are all equally responsible for - was ultimately announced in the most gutless, unfair manner possible. It gives us minimal time to assess how this will impact the rest of our trade positions. And for all that, you guys deserve to pay above market rates.

You say that Port have been in his ear for months but only now have North realised the need to make a plan B now that JHF has put in a trade request. Based on that logic one could infer that North's list management team would have been aware of the discussions with Port and JHF for many months and as such would have had time to at least map out some scenarios theoretically. To suggest otherwise would imply incompetence.

In case you missed the post earlier:

That's taking the emotion out of it.

We aren't shopping him around ala Brown. Port has actively sought him out and Jason wants to go. Totally incumbent on Port to satisfy North in a trade. Otherwise they walk away if they aren't happy.

Yes i agree with this - but I think we all have a differing opinion as to what will make North's management "happy."

At the end of the day i fully expect the deal to get done within the next week. What the finished product looks like - i have as much of an idea as you do. But I can't see a scenario in which either side walks away from the negotiation table.

Going by all reports here he's not a future captains a hole, lazy, entitled sook from all accounts here but nice up sell.

He isnt worth 8 and butters, two first and a decent player I agree.
You can reference our personal accounts all you want but you're the one's that have put a 800k 4yr contract in front of him. that shows everyone how badly you want him.

You can reference our personal accounts all you want but you're the one's that have put a 800k 4yr contract in front of him. that shows everyone how badly you want him.
Yeah the ol’ ‘he’s got problems and aint that good, but here’s $3.2 million dollars..’ chestnut..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back