Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to need some evidence of this...
Thumb extending moving in for 5 before it is cut off
w2edz7.png

If we keep using him up the ground and as a release option out of defense - no.

If we leave him in the f50 arc then I would 100% back him in.

This.

Is the most damaging forward in the game when left as a stay at home forward - would win it in a canter.

However, the team is better with him up the ground - so he'll probably finish ~60 goals for the year, not enough for the Coleman I would think.

is anyone concerned that he's only signed until 2020? seems to be good mates with Hibberd- didn't he give him a cuddle when we played Melbourne? could we get the demons' first rounder?

is anyone concerned that he's only signed until 2020? seems to be good mates with Hibberd- didn't he give him a cuddle when we played Melbourne? could we get the demons' first rounder?
The way he and Merrett have talked about wanting success together suggests to me that Zach will be right along with him too. Demons have reportedly read 'Art of the deal' and would PSD the pair of them. FML.

From what I understand, Goodwin has already secured him for 2021.

Initial agreement is Jeff Garlett and a third rounder for Joe, Aaron Francis and a first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be a FA after that - smartest choice for him.

From what I understand, Goodwin has already secured him for 2021.

Initial agreement is Jeff Garlett and a third rounder for Joe, Aaron Francis and a first rounder.

Second rounder or GTFO.

Be a FA after that - smartest choice for him.
so we would probably get an early first round compensation pick? i've heard the 2021 draft is very shallow. best to offload him and merrett now

#makeithappendodo

Looking at some of the stat analysis around lately, and came across this one (ping Max Headroom).

They also have the other top contenders for the Coleman medal plotted out on the same basis, but for our purposes I think Joe's is most relevant. Interestingly the shot plot is pretty symmetrical! And it's kind of cute that there are a couple of them marked in the centre square that don't actually fit in the frame :x

More easy misses from the left side of goal though, as might be expected from a left footer, although not too many of them overall!

Figuring Footy said:
Plot-Daniher17.png
Observations:
  • Daniher is becoming a very well-rounded footballer. He has been kicking well, marking well, and showing his ability from long range. He has kicked 2 goals this season from further than 60m out.
  • His marking has made for some high quality set shot chances in and around goal. The average Daniher chance has about a 57% of being kicked by the average player compared to the average Franklin chance which has only a 49% chance.
  • Since kicking 1.6 in round 6, Daniher has kicked 22.4 and has consistently outperformed his xScore.
RbR-Daniher.png
http://figuringfooty.com/2017/06/28/every-shot-in-the-2017-coleman-medal-race/

Looking at some of the stat analysis around lately, and came across this one (ping Max Headroom).

They also have the other top contenders for the Coleman medal plotted out on the same basis, but for our purposes I think Joe's is most relevant. Interestingly the shot plot is pretty symmetrical! And it's kind of cute that there are a couple of them marked in the centre square that don't actually fit in the frame :x

More easy misses from the left side of goal though, as might be expected from a left footer, although not too many of them overall!

I'm glad this was posted. I came across it a couple of weeks back and meant to post it.

It is really interesting analysis and highlights what an improvement he has made to his goalkicking.

I'm officially down the rabbit hole looking at that website, that is so cool! There is also a connection I saw to Max Barry of Squiggle fame, and I have just realised that he is an author whose books I have on my iPad (except for the latest which I have just bought on Kobo). Happy days:)

I'm officially down the rabbit hole looking at that website, that is so cool! There is also a connection I saw to Max Barry of Squiggle fame, and I have just realised that he is an author whose books I have on my iPad (except for the latest which I have just bought on Kobo). Happy days:)
wat !!!

Max Barry is awesome! I love every one of his books. The most recent was best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back