Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a little tired of the hand in the the air asking for it over the top every time for the hangar, wish he'd get in his bike just as much and hit the ball carrier
I think his knee is not as good as they would have us believe. He hasn't taken any massive marks and his agility hasn't been as brilliant ever since he jarred his foot into the ground and then hyper-extended his knee the following week. Pretty much just jumps straight up and down in the ruck and that's it.

I think his knee is not as good as they would have us believe. He hasn't taken any massive marks and his agility hasn't been as brilliant ever since he jarred his foot into the ground and then hyper-extended his knee the following week. Pretty much just jumps straight up and down in the ruck and that's it.

This is a good point. I'd have to check the timing but it does seem as though his form has dipped a bit since then.

I hope he likes sponge baths coz Reg Grundy will be holding him so much he'll most likely follow JD back to the hotel to give him one after the game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone notice the way he limped after Stewart kicked the last goal? He looked in a bit of pain although he seemed to walk off the ground ok at the end of the game. Hope he rests up over the next week.

Anyone notice the way he limped after Stewart kicked the last goal? He looked in a bit of pain although he seemed to walk off the ground ok at the end of the game. Hope he rests up over the next week.
Didn't notice it and have absolutely no evidence or knowledge, but I think he's been very sore the past few games. Not sure if he's carrying something, wouldn't surprise me if he was.

Think he's a certainty for AA. Out of him, brown, Kennedy and buddy he's the only one who consistently goes into the ruck. Can't play 3 tall forwards who are all inept ruckman

Getting a bit tired of the Joe playing for free kick commentary going on. Yes, it's not a good look but if the umpires did their job and paid the ones that are there he wouldn't have to play for them all the time.

Same thing happened to Lloydy unfortunately. Couldn't win a free to save himself so had to make sure the umpires saw them but of course, it didn't help.

Some players you can't touch and some you can scrag until the cows come home. Unfortunately, Joe falls into the latter.

Getting a bit tired of the Joe playing for free kick commentary going on. Yes, it's not a good look but if the umpires did their job and paid the ones that are there he wouldn't have to play for them all the time.

Same thing happened to Lloydy unfortunately. Couldn't win a free to save himself so had to make sure the umpires saw them but of course, it didn't help.

Some players you can't touch and some you can scrag until the cows come home. Unfortunately, Joe falls into the latter.
He doesn't have to play for them all the time. He doesn't have to play for them at all. Just try to mark the ball and have faith that they'll pay something if it's there. If they don't then just keep playing. You're on a hiding to nothing doing that sort of shit and there's no better way to ensure you don't get any frees going forward (as you correctly point out in the second part of your post).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back