Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'm not a footballer player on tv these days. I hate to think what kind of visual cues I'd be giving away to some of the amateur psychologists on bigfooty. Probably giving some players a complex.
This post suggests that you scratched your nose three times in no less than 45.321 seconds and drafted this post at an average of 92 words per minute with 86.34% accuracy.

Too many games this year where he's kicked 2 or 3 in 10 minutes and not kicked one in the other 110.
It's almost like we move him into the ruck or something and our mids don't hit up leads at top opportunities.

Anybody know the breakdown for goals he kicks in each quarter/half?

If I had to guess I'd say he's probably kicked 40 in first halves and 19 in second halves.
I suspect its a rotation thing.

Hooksey kicks quite a few of his goals in the second half. Adelaide is one example and also North.

The coaches talk a lot about the forwards having separation and not taking each others space.

Anybody know the breakdown for goals he kicks in each quarter/half?

If I had to guess I'd say he's probably kicked 40 in first halves and 19 in second halves.

I'd say your guesses would be pretty close from what I've seen. I'm sure its no coincidence that we've won a lot of 1st quarters this season. We seem to launch into the game with good energy and enthusiasm and that's been consistent throughout the season. Our midfield doesn't seem to be able to work both ways for 4 quarters and we've had a lot of quarter 4 fadeouts. Doesn't help our forwards. Though it could also be that Daniher can't maintain his intensity as well.

Daniher carries a pretty huge load being a roaming key forward who then backs up in the ruck. Endurance was never a noted strength of his. I reckon he works really hard on game day (as in gives his best effort) but he's not a natural endurance athlete. He may still yet be able to improve his endurance further - although generally I reckon he's close to his peak athletically.

It is interesting though how Hooker does seem to get used a lot more in second halves. I initially thought he might be wearing down his opponent (possibly true since he often gets younger/inexperienced players and the best defender goes to Daniher so I could see second half advantages there).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back