Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The footage is in the article. Watch from 1:13 and tell me Woosha and Hep actually look confident he's staying.
People thing the sky is falling because of that??? No one can say 100% what anyone else will do but they said they’re confident, what else can they say? It was an awkward question and they’re both pretty awkward on camera anyway.

Also, maybe Hep hasn’t asked him about because Joe told the club he was just catching up with Harley and that was the truth and there was nothing to ask him about?

Last edited:
All this talk of heppel and woosha's body language when asked about Joe is just people jumping at shadows. Did anyone see the smile on wooshas face when he was talking about the prospect of joey and stringer playing a full season together? That alone told me hes not planning on Joe moving clubs .
Everything from the Tom Harley meeting to the segment on 360 can and has been explained with logical answers.
Joe isnt going anywhere.

Wouldn't blame Sydney if they are interested and wouldn't blame Joe for considering his options given he might feel a bit disconnected from the team having spent so long out.

But I just can't see it happening given his status at the club and family history.

Wouldn't blame Sydney if they are interested and wouldn't blame Joe for considering his options given he might feel a bit disconnected from the team having spent so long out.

But I just can't see it happening given his status at the club and family history.

Forget family history. It ultimately has nothing to do with contracts. Football has changed.

I don't necessarily think he'll leave but to be fair he has family history at Sydney too.

Yeah but he hasn't spoken about it like he did on On the Mark. Been around the club since I was a kid, fond memories, family, always been a supporter etc etc.
Yeah I watched On The Mark too and don't really get the feeling he'll leave, but he never came out and said he isn't going anywhere either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me, it looked like two people with finals to worry about.

Their response seems like they haven’t gotten around to discussing it with him yet, which is fine considering Joe himself said the meeting with Harley was just a catch up.

He may well decide to go, but I highly doubt they know his decision yet. He’s contracted, so they’re just assuming he’ll be there like usual

Reading too much into it.

Honestly I don't get this naivety. Players always say "No I am happy at (insert club) and would like to be a one club player" and then leave.

Daniher definitely having discussions with Sydney, whether they can come to a suitable deal or not only time will tell.

This blind belief that Daniher is some Essendon loyalist that "would never hang us out to dry" is laughable. He is just another footballer that is trying to make the most out of his career.
He is not just any footballer, he is a Daniher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back