Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

And to think. No club rated a bloke called Errol in the top 30 picks in what is turning out to be a dud draft year.
It's hard not to think that COVID played a huge part. The only standout Victorians out of that draft are Ugle-Hagan (who was widely regarded as the best prospect anyway) and Max Holmes. The others are all overwhelmingly non-Victorians.

It's hard not to think that COVID played a huge part. The only standout Victorians out of that draft are Ugle-Hagan (who was widely regarded as the best prospect anyway) and Max Holmes. The others are all overwhelmingly non-Victorians.
Probably.

But I do recall some saying Errol was too small for AFL footy.

Everyone wanted the Cripps prototype. Tall = good was (and perhaps still is) the philosophy.

would’ve been much more concerning if his first thought was to pass it off. Showed that he learned from last week by going through a normal routine

He’s a key forward, will be in that situation many times in his career

I like that he wanted to take the responsibility, but he was 50m out and there was 90 seconds left. He should have gone back quickly and seen if there was a better option.
Not that it’s about Logan but papley was the one that just wasted time

Logan is a one in two shot unfortunately. He is a good but not super accurate kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it’s about Logan but papley was the one that just wasted time

Logan is a one in two shot unfortunately. He is a good but not super accurate kick
I am glad he is in the spotlight now and missing shots. He will go away and practice and think and get better for when it truely matters.
Could be the making of him as a match winner in tight finishes.

He almost slotted it, probably had everyone in his ear all week , if you get that chance again we back you in. Take your time, back yourself, it almost worked.

I did think in the moment find a short pass but then if he does that and turns it over I probably crack it for not taking it

Unlucky to be honest where as last week was crap.

He was good today compared to most

On a hiding to nothing. If he goes back quickly and tries to hit up a lead, chances are based on the rest of the day the mark gets dropped, intercepted or misses the target. He then gets trashed for not having the confidence to take the shot. Instead he takes the shot and gets whacked for doing that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back