Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on Insta and thought it was worth a shoutout.

McDonald's last fortnight - 14 marks (7 of them inside 50), 6 goals, 11 shots at goal, 17 score involvements

Yeah they're against two lowly sides in St Kilda & North Melbourne, so it's not exactly a measure of what we can expect from him in a big final, but it's good that he's put up performances like that on the back of the miss against Freo, which could've really shattered a lot of other players' confidence. A nice, and mature, response.

McDonald's last fortnight - 14 marks (7 of them inside 50), 6 goals, 11 shots at goal, 17 score involvements

Yeah they're against two lowly sides in St Kilda & North Melbourne, so it's not exactly a measure of what we can expect from him in a big final, but it's good that he's put up performances like that on the back of the miss against Freo, which could've really shattered a lot of other players' confidence. A nice, and mature, response.
The contract cleaned the slate and probably installed some more internal confidence from within the Sydney walls that they back him and that coupled with the crowds response of getting behind him has allowed him to play more freely

Well his critics are quiet this week

yes ... i really think these past few weeks mark a turning point for mcdonald, and very encouraging signs on the weekend, i'm sure he was hellbent on making his mark early ...
I reckon this is very positive for his development between the ears. He failed twice in his mind. He would know what he needs to work on. I am very sure he has plans to rectify what he did wrong to ensure he is in the best headspace to convert match winning goals. He is not the finished product yet. But I think there are more positives to come out of his 'failures' than negatives.
I like the cut of his jib.

I reckon this is very positive for his development between the ears. He failed twice in his mind. He would know what he needs to work on. I am very sure he has plans to rectify what he did wrong to ensure he is in the best headspace to convert match winning goals. He is not the finished product yet. But I think there are more positives to come out of his 'failures' than negatives.
I wouldn't be surprised if those misses have actually alleviated the pressures in his own head.

He's had too big misses (it happens) copped it a bit in the media and has come out the otherside. Life goes on and footy moves on quickly. He now probably understands its just a game and no matter what there's always next week to make amends and its not allowing him to play more freely because he doesn't fear failure

he's growing up ... a period of disappointment, scrutiny, no doubt moments of self-doubt ... and his response was that first quarter last week that set the tone for himself and the team

I wouldn't be surprised if those misses have actually alleviated the pressures in his own head.

He's had too big misses (it happens) copped it a bit in the media and has come out the otherside. Life goes on and footy moves on quickly. He now probably understands its just a game and no matter what there's always next week to make amends and its not allowing him to play more freely because he doesn't fear failure
Yeah, definitely a good experience and great for the development of the mental aspect of the game that you can fail to win a game, but come back stronger. And that the media only have as much power you allow them to have.

If he has a solid run of form before he gives the media another opportunity to pot him that would be even better. But I'm sure this experience will prepare him for the next time.

Sounds like my old dating life

Edit: except for the "team" bit...
Well Done Applause GIF by Liverpool FC

Funniest post ever 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only took 3 days for the Swans media team to post it

All lost in the Heeney adulation (and rightly so) but he flushed it from what looks like 55m out. Amazing kick.

I know he is only in defense because of Melican's injury but I just want him to stay forward

Honestly it's not bad for him to learn defence.

Rather he stay forward.

I wonder if that shot will be the confidence boost he needs.

Honestly it's not bad for him to learn defence.

Rather he stay forward.

I wonder if that shot will be the confidence boost he needs.

I'm actually okay with it too as it makes him learn forwards patterns, however can we not wait till the 4th to send him forward though

I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give him a little apprenticeship in defence, when we absolutely needed him, but with the intent that he was only there to plug a hole temporarily. And I don't think for a second we expected him to excel there, we just needed him to compete and we'll live with any defensive lapses.

I back the decision 100%. And have to give Horse credit for swinging him forward and Logan managing to have instant impact.

It worked as well is we could have hoped.

I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give him a little apprenticeship in defence, when we absolutely needed him, but with the intent that he was only there to plug a hole temporarily. And I don't think for a second we expected him to excel there, we just needed him to compete and we'll live with any defensive lapses.

I back the decision 100%. And have to give Horse credit for swinging him forward and Logan managing to have instant impact.

It worked as well is we could have hoped.
And he also with Cunners took 7 marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back