#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the f* the campaigner side now. The fact he couldn't hold out one more contract while we're in the window is weak as p* tbh.
for sure mate, you could count on two hands the amount of good games he played for our club. Aside from the flag he'll end up as much a Melbourne player as Scott Thompson or Mitch Clark. Can't beleive we are going to give him life membership.

The campaigners been looking for a way out since day 1. * him, I hope his career goes the way of Tim Kelly and Jesse Hogan

I honestly don’t mind players playing where they want to play. Luke signed 3 years instead of the normal 2 that draftees sign. Won a flag with us, now we move on, best of luck to him.

Wish we had of got more for him, but don't blame him for leaving. If somebody offered me a couple $100k extra year to go work the same job for a different company in a different city I would do it in a heartbeat. When I was 21 I wouldn't have even looked back.

I'm not too upset about Luke. He helped us win a flag, that eases the pain - a lot. Bit disappointed by the deal that was struck, but that's on us, not him. The only real thing I take out of this is that Luke is a massive baby who wanted to go home to mummy.

Id probably be more pissed off if he was better than a bog average #2 ruck this year. If he played at that level again he'd be worth a early/mid second by the end of next year.

I honestly dont think we did too bad out of it considering what hes done up to this point.

Unlikely but if it all fell apart for Freo next year this will end up being an incredible deal for us. If they are top 4 it's slightly unders but hardly wrist slitting stuff. Obviously this doesn't apply if we swap those picks for something else.

Unlikely but if it all fell apart for Freo next year this will end up being an incredible deal for us. If they are top 4 it's slightly unders but hardly wrist slitting stuff. Obviously this doesn't apply if we swap those picks for something else.

Ive got a feeling Freo wont make the 8. Tougher draw, losing experienced players. Forward line still a mess. Really dont want us to trade that pick.

Ive got a feeling Freo wont make the 8. Tougher draw, losing experienced players. Forward line still a mess. Really dont want us to trade that pick.
Yeah also think that whole Jackson's very useful it'll take them some time to figure out how to play with him in the structure

Yeah also think that whole Jackson's very useful it'll take them some time to figure out how to play with him in the structure

Yep, they are dreaming if they think he solves any forward structure issues. He has zero presence in the air in the forward line.

Yep, they are dreaming if they think he solves any forward structure issues. He has zero presence in the air in the forward line.
Not bad when he's got a run and jump but he ain't a key forward. If they trade out Lobb Freo might have gone backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope his kinda "kooky" and "out there" personality and interest in outer space ferments into a darker obsession with conspiracies and he goes full QANON/WA secessionist and ultimately gets kicked out of the AFLPA and banned for life for plotting some kind of domestic terror event
Makes me think he'll end up like spirals guy.
b7cea949-db8f-4285-9af9-55bf18a8fbb1_text.gif

Disappointing but in terms of getting a future first rounder there aren’t many better clubs to death ride than a young team which over performed and between Logue, Mundy, Lobb and Acres is losing four best 22 players. Relying on a lot of natural improvement to young players to improve next year and Jackson isn’t going to help their forward line much

Really hope we don’t trade that pick. Would be open to trading 13 and either our future first or our 2023 second/Freo’s to get up the draft board this year. Reckon that Freo first rounder ends up as a top 8 pick.

Not bad when he's got a run and jump but he ain't a key forward. If they trade out Lobb Freo might have gone backwards

We definitely go backwards this season. Tougher draw, Id expect at least two teams from outside of the eight to push in and instead of 14 (unless something amazing happens and Amiss kicks 30 - doubtful) and we will be in the 11-13 win bracket.

Not sure any fans should be hoping a player does multiple knee injuries.

You guys should be the favourites to win the lot next season. Who the hell is going to be able to match your mids when Max or Grundy is smashing the second ruck each quarter. That will be worth 3-4 goals per game. You still have the best midfield in the comp and will be around that mark for at least a few years.

I am not sure what we are getting with Jackson. I have been consistent with that all season. Now he is here I hope we find a position for him that works. Not overly confident in that though. Obviously I hope he ives up tp the hype. Anyway, I have always enjoyed the majority of Melbourne fans at games and around this site. Good luck next year - for mine you would be favourites or equal favourites for the flag in 2023. Hope you do it! We may have a shot in 24/25.

We definitely go backwards this season. Tougher draw, Id expect at least two teams from outside of the eight to push in and instead of 14 (unless something amazing happens and Amiss kicks 30 - doubtful) and we will be in the 11-13 win bracket.

Not sure any fans should be hoping a player does multiple knee injuries.

You guys should be the favourites to win the lot next season. Who the hell is going to be able to match your mids when Max or Grundy is smashing the second ruck each quarter. That will be worth 3-4 goals per game. You still have the best midfield in the comp and will be around that mark for at least a few years.

I am not sure what we are getting with Jackson. I have been consistent with that all season. Now he is here I hope we find a position for him that works. Not overly confident in that though. Obviously I hope he ives up tp the hype. Anyway, I have always enjoyed the majority of Melbourne fans at games and around this site. Good luck next year - for mine you would be favourites or equal favourites for the flag in 2023. Hope you do it! We may have a shot in 24/25.
Jackson will be a gun. You will end up winning this trade most likely. He checked out mid season unfortunately for us, but he was on the improve in his marking ability. Has a knack of getting on his bike and being in the right spot in the F50.

His partnership with Darcy will rival Gawn/Grundy because both rucks bring different qualities tbh. Doggas ability at ground level is already unmatched in the comp in regards to ruckman and he's only 20years old. Don't listen to us Dees supporters, we're just disgruntled that he checked out midseason. As long as you don't finish bottom 4 next season you got a bargain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back