Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? Did you watch the giants game?

You've been banging on about atley for years, despite him being the very best definition of best 22. You also quoted michael jordan taking game winners in reference to jed andersons kicking. Im fairly comfortable with my assessment despite your opinion of it.

That being all said, i wouldnt be surprised if he is retained as a rookie
On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Atley "the very best definition of best 22"

No words.

Huh? Did you watch the giants game?

You've been banging on about atley for years, despite him being the very best definition of best 22. You also quoted michael jordan taking game winners in reference to jed andersons kicking. Im fairly comfortable with my assessment despite your opinion of it.

That being all said, i wouldnt be surprised if he is retained as a rookie
If you don't count that Giants game he was averaging over 2 goals and 15 possessions a game in the games he played this year.

If you don't count that Giants game he was averaging over 2 goals and 15 possessions a game in the games he played this year.
But he played against the giants. The actual contest he did his ankle in was a bad attempt at a spoil which cost us a goal. He was worst on ground. If it was bailey scott people would be calling for his omission.

But he played against the giants. The actual contest he did his ankle in was a bad attempt at a spoil which cost us a goal. He was worst on ground. If it was bailey scott people would be calling for his omission.

So he played one poor game and apart from that averaged over two goals and 15 possessions a game and you want him delisted because of that one poor game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a TG fan as well, but he had a year to get his body right, and it's not happened; time to move on
I'm not arguing with that specifically. I'd be very surprised if we kept him but I would have liked to have seen him get 50 games. Its a nice round number. I'd even be prepared to give him a VFL gig and re sign him if he stayed fit all year. Even in the limited showing he had this season it was obvious why the club kept him for so long in the hope he'd get it together.

RF08's Season Review

Games Played: 4
Avg Disposals: 13.5
Goals: 7
Stats Highlight: 5.3 marks per game which is elite for general forwards. 14.8 pressure acts per game

Best Game
Round 10 Vs Essendon - 19 disposals, 7 marks, 3 goals
Round 9 Vs Hawthorn - 13 disposals, 5 marks, 3 goals, 4 tackles.

Summary

Oh Garns! I don't think there is a north supporter out there who doesn't love the way he goes about it.

Garner was coming off the back of a 2 game season in 2020, and many considered him lucky to get a 1 year deal for 2021. Luckily for him, he has a relatively un-interrupted pre-season in 20/21. Garner managed to string 5 games together in the VFL and all throughout that time he was pushing for senior selection. He managed to get back into the senior team in round 9 after getting his match fitness up to scratch. He had an instant impact kicking 3 goals in our first win of the season. His pressure, contested marking and fearless attack on the contest was a real feature in his 4 games this season. Just as he was starting to get some continuity, he suffered an minor ankle injury against our draw to the Giants. The injury in round 13 was worst than initially thought and we didn't see him again this season. Unfortunately, it's not looking likely that he'll get another contract next year. It is well documented that it was his durability/injuries that didn't allow him to reach his potential as a game breaking half forward. A real shame, as he was a shinboner through and through.

Delisted.

“Taylor has been an important player at our club over a nine season period. He has displayed outstanding competitiveness and has been a player that his teammates have enjoyed running out with on the weekend,” Rawlings said.

“His tenure at the club shows how much he was valued but unfortunately he has dealt with some injuries over the period which hasn’t allowed him to play more football during his North Melbourne career.”

His body just let him down way too many times.
Feel for him. His 2017 season was something.

Now watch him go back to Rowville and kick 10 every week. Bookmark it his talent is entrenched.

Go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back