Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed Shaun Atley’s durability.

49 games is chronically low for a bloke with such talent. Cruelled beyond imagination by injuries over his career and even then he showed some great form in the few games he played this year.

I hope he rips it up in a lower league, and less stress on his poor soft tissues lets him do it consistently!

Would have loved to see the player he would have been if he didn’t get injured all the time.

Played some great footy, but just too limited in numbers of games.

I remember that second qrt be Richmond in the 2015 elimination final. Pack contested mark and goal. Left foot pass to Waite for a goal. Contested possession and handball to boomer for a goal. I think his second qrt was worth 70 SuperCoach points.

Then showed years later he could accumulate over a game getting it heaps in his best year of 2018.

All the best Garns. It was short in games, long on years, but left us with many highlights.

Would have loved to see the player he would have been if he didn’t get injured all the time.

I remember that second qrt be Richmond in the 2015 elimination final. Pack contested mark and goal. Left foot pass to Waite for a goal. Contested possession and handball to boomer for a goal. I think his second qrt was worth 70 SuperCoach points.

Then showed years later he could accumulate over a game getting it heaps in his best year of 2018.

All the best Garns. It was short in games, long on years, but left us with many highlights.

Wonder why someone like Taylor wouldn't retire in this situation? He got an extra year on most of his peers and his body didn't hold up. No shame in that.

Probably hasn't completely quit on the idea of trying to continue at a different club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little sad about Garner's delisting, he was a talented player whose body let him down every time he started to make a run at it.

All the best TG.

That cameo against Richmond was something wasn't it? It doesn't always work out. Hope he can move on to bigger and better things.

AFL off-season news: Every retirement and delisting for 2021
North Melbourne cut ties with 12 players in 2020 and an injury-plagued Roo is one of another four delisted this year already. See every AFL retirement and delisting.

Chris Cavanagh, Will Hogan, Al Paton, Marc McGowan and Chris Honnery

North Melbourne has continued its list overhaul, showing the door to four more players.
After delisting 12 players last year, the Kangaroos confirmed Taylor Garner, Dom Tyson, Will Walker and Connor Menadue would not be offered contracts for next season.

Garner finished his injury-interrupted time at the Kangaroos just one game short of a 50-match milestone.

The 27-year-old forward managed only four games this season, after his campaign was book-ended by hamstring and ankle injuries.

“Taylor has been an important player at our club over a nine season period,” North Melbourne football boss Brady Rawlings said.

“He has displayed outstanding competitiveness and has been a player that his teammates have enjoyed running out with on the weekend.

“His tenure at the club shows how much he was valued but unfortunately he has dealt with some injuries over the period which hasn’t allowed him to play more football during his North Melbourne career.”

According to Champion Data, Garner has missed 77 games with hamstring injuries, 12 games with ankle issues and five matches with groin complaints since his first season at the club in 2013.

You have made me cry. So talented

Remove this Banner Ad

Back