VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't his best game but he's still dangerous and snagged a couple for a pass mark. Gets it going his way a bit and could easilly have kicked 4, instead 2 was an ok return.

after 18 years of mediocrity i have zero time for "pass marks" tbh

no excuses for some of the dumb shit he does sometimes.

I thought he was good again n today - made a couple of errors but still kicked 2 goals and competed in the air all day. Surely a 2 year+ deal is coming

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way known he gets a 2 year deal. Dodoro isn't an idiot. He played well for a quarter but was otherwise unsighted. He was okay at best.

He wouldn't have been far from our best players today.

he has a pot in the team

but he needs to think before he does shit. Can absolutely make a marn of it at times.

he has a pot in the team

but he needs to think before he does shit. Can absolutely make a marn of it at times.
Im hearing you but i think he's doing a good job. Halving marking contests when he's not taking marks and doing ok in the relief ruck. He's improved a lot as a player especially in terms of free kicks against.

Coyler on the mark getting run around by sidebottom was a brain fart and he contributed nothing else on top.
Sometimes those who keep presenting despite a set-back or not having their best game get flamed over the 50% effort crew.

A mate told me today Lloydy said that if they drop him from the team he should leave the club. That's some praise from someone who knows his postition.

Im hearing you but i think he's doing a good job. Halving marking contests when he's not taking marks and doing ok in the relief ruck. He's improved a lot as a player especially in terms of free kicks against.

Coyler on the mark getting run around by sidebottom was a brain fart and he contributed nothing else on top.
Sometimes those who keep presenting despite a set-back or not having their best game get flamed over the 50% effort crew.

A mate told me today Lloydy said that if they drop him from the team he should leave the club. That's some praise from someone who knows his postition.
He's 3rd in the league for FA per game.

Played well overall.Often outnumbered, took marks, brought the ball to ground when he didn’t mark it & kicked goals. Certainly made mistakes. Not unlike his compadres of course.

I noted that earlier in the game he actually played ruck defensive side of centre square which is rare - competed well when he rucked and gave Tbell a chop out.

Our game plan isn’t as well suited to the fast deck at Etihad. That stuck out to me. Without the speedy deliver our Fwds struggled to get seperation. Why the Fwds all clustered together I don’t understand, McKernan was no exception in this regard.

Played his role and created opportunities. Wish he lead to different spots and the mids honoured those leads.

Not a bad game overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this is another one of those ones where you're setting yourself up.
I feel as if it's one when he doesn't, I'll come back and destroy everyone who attacked me because I said it.

I feel as if it's one when he doesn't, I'll come back and destroy everyone who attacked me because I said it.

That is the type of fan we hate in the stands, booing our own type of thing

They all wear red and black , get on board! Talk about his positives, he's come from a Mile back with deficiencies and is holding down FF in a well performing team right now.

I'd call that a good win and something to celebrate for the bloke.

That is the type of fan we hate in the stands, booing our own type of thing

They all wear red and black , get on board! Talk about his positives, he's come from a Mile back with deficiencies and is holding down FF in a well performing team right now.

I'd call that a good win and something to celebrate for the bloke.
He's playing well. He had a decent game today. Some good, some bad. However a 2 year deal shouldn't be on the agenda, and Dodoro has a history of being more conservative in terms of length.

eth-dog, while he still (like everyone) makes mistakes, he's improved out of site this year.
He is 196 cms and averages 14 disposals, 5.6 marks and around 9 hit-outs/2 goals a game....
He is a strong contested mark and importantly crashes packs and brings the ball to ground for our smalls.
Why are you so adverse to him getting a 2 year deal? And do you really think at this stage of his career he's going to hang around for a 1 year deal if another club offers him 2 or 3...??

yeh stuff that - just employ him as a casual, that way he gets no paid holidays or sick leave and we can drop him when there's no work.
Exactly what I said.

Fabulous work Howie.

Or, you could've explained why giving him 2 years makes sense.

Exactly what I said.

Fabulous work Howie.

Or, you could've explained why giving him 2 years makes sense.

casual = rookie

I'm in agreeance!

Some players do their best work when close to the edge - I don't think smack works best when comfortable - he needs to be playing for his life every week, he even has to manufacture fake anger and excitement between goals to keep awake or else his eyes will go back into half open mode.

I love the guy but no 2 years for me.

If someone comes knocking (huge doubts) they may call our bluff but in the end we can all guess what happen when Joe gets back.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back