7 Convinced of getting TV rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiges said:
Yeah just before i blow my brains out when Sandy Roberts and Ian Robertson butcher a call

Sandy: ...kicks from the 50, this could put them in front...goes to the side...ha ha ha, and one behind, ha ha ha

Sandy: ..there is a pig on the ground...

Sandy: Carlton are into the Grand Final, Carlton are into the Grand Final...

and Drew Morphett will be back too

FootyJunkie said:
Saturday
Port Adelaide v Essendon - AAMI STADIUM 1:10 (LIVE 1:10 ON TEN)

Good way to kill off grassroots football. That is the biggest problem with what 10 want. Live free to air game on saturday afternoon will see crowds at local games drop right off.

bloodsports said:
AFL must devleope the game in sydney and bris, by showing prime time games firday and sat night up againts the league.

They also and just as importantly need to allocate money to push the game into selscted schools throughout Sydney.

Much much more work is to be done if they are to keep thier footing againts union , league and Soccer.

Second team in 5 years will help, but the development needs to be comprehensive (tv, Sydney AFL, schools, under 18 comps, more regional selections for swans and 2and team), time is running out and the AFL need to get a much better team running the NSWAFL.

If Aussie Rules is not well and truely established as a viable sport in the Schools and grass roots within 10-15 years, it is over and we may well have seen the peak in 96. Every day of every season is now vital for the AFL in developing markets.
If they go for the money alone (in some fandangled deal K. Packer puts up), they will be getting more of what they already got ( money) and less of what they need (exposure in developing states).

At the moment 7 are only working on a delayed telecast to start at 10.30pm in the northern states.

how did you get that info??

Considering that the AFL has not even begun negotiations I do not see how you could come up with that as written in stone. At any rate it is a lot better than what Kerry has served up the AFL in Sydney and Brisbane.

It was reported in the helrad sun and the age about a month ago. It said 7 were considering showing games as early as 10.30pm on friday nights.

I have read contrary reports to that saying that Channel 10 is considering going head to head againts rugby in sydney on a friday night.

But your from Collingwood so I suppose you just want whatever Eddie wants. Most of you do. It's like "1984" down there , eh? Only instead of Big Brother, you've got little Ed.....

As I said before, even if it was 10:30 delayed that would be a hell of a lot better than the time that Packer has served up AFL in Sydney.

Packer will not do the right thing by AFL and I only hope he stays in the bid to drive up the price of the deal a fair bit.

bloodsports said:
I have read contrary reports to that saying that Channel 10 is considering going head to head againts rugby in sydney on a friday night.

But your from Collingwood so I suppose you just want whatever Eddie wants. Most of you do. It's like "1984" down there , eh? Only instead of Big Brother, you've got little Ed.....

As I said before, even if it was 10:30 delayed that would be a hell of a lot better than the time that Packer has served up AFL in Sydney.

Packer will not do the right thing by AFL and I only hope he stays in the bid to drive up the price of the deal a fair bit.

It 7 not 10. And my information has nothing to do with who i want to get the rights. I thought i would just pass on the information as it has been reported in melbourne papers. Many here think that 7 have made some sort of promise of 8.30pm telecast into sydney and brisbane. They have not and are unlikely to unless forced by the AFL.

And for the record i don't give a ******** who gets the rights. But my preference would be that 10 has nothing to do with it and fox get atleast 3 live games a week.

deck said:
It 7 not 10. And my information has nothing to do with who i want to get the rights. I thought i would just pass on the information as it has been reported in melbourne papers. Many here think that 7 have made some sort of promise of 8.30pm telecast into sydney and brisbane. They have not and are unlikely to unless forced by the AFL.

And for the record i don't give a ******** who gets the rights. But my preference would be that 10 has nothing to do with it and fox get atleast 3 live games a week.

I'll be very happy if Fox has no footy. Pay TV will be the death of football on free-to-air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ljp86 said:
I'll be very happy if Fox has no footy. Pay TV will be the death of football on free-to-air.

If fox get no games we will end up with most games being given 30 minute highlight packages like 7 use to do with half the games.

deck said:
If fox get no games we will end up with most games being given 30 minute highlight packages like 7 use to do with half the games.

What is the point of football being on pay TV when only 20% of the population actually has it, and not all of the 20% are going to watch the footy. You could cover all games on free-to-air.

Statistician said:
What difference will it make for Victorian's if 7 get the rights? Will Friday night games be played earlier?

Speaking as a Victorian viewer, I prefer the 8:30 TV start on Friday nights ... just allows a bit more time to get settled in.

doctormeow said:
Good call Captain Obvious

I don't exactly know why, doc, but that's the first real laugh out loud I'd had on BigFooty for weeks ...

FootyJunkie said:
Port Adelaide v Essendon - AAMI STADIUM 1:10 (LIVE 1:10 ON TEN)

There won't be anymore 1pm starts - the AFL doesn't like them and it's a crap time to go watch footy as well

i don't care as lo0ng as ten have nothing to do with hte broadcasting of football. They have the worst cameramen in the world.

If Sandy Roberts gets a gig at the Swans games or any other game for that matter then i'll shoot myself. He is a pathetic caller.

Packer has put in a bid for the NRL rights where he want two games on Friday night. One "live", then a replay of the other following.

That discounts 9 from showing any AFL in the northern states on Friday nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

7 Convinced of getting TV rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back