7 ****in days!!! McGregor v Mayweather Jnr FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

Remove this Banner Ad

I liken this to the Melbourne Cup.

The week leading up, everyone is a racing expert talking up odds and recent starts, track conditions blah, blah blah.

Like the Melbourne Cup, the majority won't watch another fight for at least a year.

I know how he plays it... he's just never boxed anyone with Conor's reach and such a massive age advantage, it renders every clause Floyd put in the contract to swing it in his favour at least equal. I still think Conor is going in with nothing to lose, the most precise fist on the planet and will do him in easily.

I really shouldnt do this ... but do you know Oscar de la Hoya's reach, and the age of Canelo in his fights with Mayweather ?

Also, speaking of the Golden Boy ...

“Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances,” he said.

“Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied.

“You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. The problem is, that’s precisely how you want it. You should have fought Pacquiao five years ago, not five months ago. That, however, would have been too dangerous. Too risky. You’ve made a career out of being cautious. You won’t get in the ring unless you have an edge.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...r/news-story/503023397336a0e6d2cbc1f389cebaa2

You really shouldn't have bothered

So you don't know Oscar de La Hoya's reach, or the age of Canelo for the Mayweather fight ?

As an aside, what the Golden Boy says is true. Mayweather doesn't take a fight unless he knows he can win. Check his entire record. This is a repeat of the Canelo fight - Mayweather is taking someone who might be dangerous early enough in their career that it's a certain win.

But you're a McGregor fan. What can you tell me about his right hand, or his jab ? As far as I can see, he uses his feet to keep the opponent at distance, an option that is not available against Mayweather.

McGregor has a powerful straight left which has served him well against boxing neophytes who underestimated his power.

Unfortunately Mayweather will see that straight left coming from the previous week.

Floyd is a past master at beating southpaws. He'll use his right hand to control Connor's left and then nail him with his own straight right once he has the range. This will be a clinic.

Here's a good analysis that focuses on the weaknesses in Mayweather's game that McGregor may be able to exploit.

http://mmasucka.com/2017/08/22/floyd-mayweather-style-guide-part-4/

TLDR : Doing it will need a right hand and a jab. Neither of which McGregor really has. "The truth of the matter is that signing the contract to fight Mayweather is likely to be his greatest accomplishment in boxing, and what an accomplishment it is."

PS Mayweather's best financial outcome is to string the fight out to about seven rounds, letting McGregor win two to three of them - including solidly hitting him with the left - and then win by a TKO. This sets up a rematch, but allows the argument that 'Conor woulda won except for the damn ref !'.

Can only see this fight being a massive disappointment. Not financially disappointing for those involved, just for those that are expecting it to be a real contest. My expectation is that the fight will go the distance or close to it, with Mayweather barely making contact and McGregor flailing and failing to contact Mayweather in any meaningful way.

Can anyone tell me when the bell is likely to ring for this?, I don't want to spend 5 hours sitting around watching the undercard on a Sunday only to get 3 minutes of the main event.

Can anyone tell me when the bell is likely to ring for this?, I don't want to spend 5 hours sitting around watching the undercard on a Sunday only to get 3 minutes of the main event.

Unless you like watching a rapidly-gassed MMA fighter fail to get through a technically perfect defence, the undercards are likely to be better viewing.

That said, the main fight is allegedly 11am AEST.

98cf28f464f5aec5f443b2e489ea45b2.jpg

Anyway - main card starts 11am aest they should start at 1:30-2pm

Hips don't lie. Look at their hips. Money was all business setting this up.

McGregor-Mayweather-how-to-watch-conor-floyd-fight-844474.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a strong early contender for the most egg on their face when Conor knocks him out - congrats two eyes, see you in here on Sunday
Not only are you clueless.......you are arrogantly clueless
You think a bloke who's making his boxing debut is going to knock out the greatest pound for pound fighter in the modern era?????
Saul Canelo couldn't land a punch on him, and Canelo would knock MCGregor out on 1 round.
LOLOLOLOLOL x 1000

I liken this to the Melbourne Cup.

The week leading up, everyone is a racing expert talking up odds and recent starts, track conditions blah, blah blah.

Like the Melbourne Cup, the majority won't watch another fight for at least a year.
Kids made me order it, all coming over in the morning. The only interest for me is the massive amount of money these 2 are going to get :eek: Crazy shit

b72751cf7a7b45252f23feba56778bbb.jpg

It is finally upon us - 7 days until the new fight of the century!

The Notorious vs the Tiny teddy.

Sunday 27 August 2017 | From 9am @ T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas NA.

The main card begins at 11am AEST with Mayweather vs McGregor likely to begin around 1.30-2pm

Mayweather Jnr $1.25 - 49-0
McGregor $4.00 - 0-0

Nobody is giving the Irishman a look, Sugar Shane Mosley suggested on Undisputed that Floyd will give the fans something to cheer about for 4 rounds then knock him out in the 5th - personally I think Sugar Shane is borderline brain dead, in part due to the ongoing effects that concussion has on the brain, but mostly cocaine - he should crawl back in his hole as he doesn't really know what he's talking about because Floyd hasn't knocked anyone down since the 90s let alone knocked them out!!

**** me, here's where the money's going..

64545cf744edeafbc1d41eb1a96f0b9d.jpg

Floyd has been shaking like a little ******* pussy at every event he's been to with Conor.

I don't really give Floyd a chance, Conor's too precise, too rangey and just hits too ****in hard for that little malteser on legs - 1 2 on his chin will rattle his little brain and have him talking like his old man in no time! McGregor to knock him out in 3! The Irish are back baby "The whole world's gonna eat their words"

**** FLOYD MAYWEATHER

I give mcgregor about 5% chance to win, he is an amatuer boxer who has never had a professional bout coming up against one the best boxers of this century who has a professional record of 49 - 0, this shouldnt even be a thing it will be a shit fight of mayweather just dancing around him, mcgregor wont land a punch, its been an entertaining buildup though

Kids made me order it, all coming over in the morning. The only interest for me is the massive amount of money these 2 are going to get :eek: Crazy shit
Just came back from the shops.

Fridge is loaded with beer and meat.

Wife is taking the kids out tomorrow. Too much testosterone in the house.

As soon as she leaves, out comes the green.

Just came back from the shops.

Fridge is loaded with beer and meat.

Wife is taking the kids out tomorrow. Too much testosterone in the house.

As soon as she leaves, out comes the green.
My hubby, son in law, daughters bf..and my 2 bloodthirsty daughters super excited. I'm making snitzel.

My hubby, son in law, daughters bf..and my 2 bloodthirsty daughters super excited. I'm making snitzel.
I'm burning sausages and Chicken Kebabs.

Remove this Banner Ad

7 ****in days!!! McGregor v Mayweather Jnr FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back