AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

I would argue he is switched on from what I have seen live . He may not make 10 tackles a game but his positioning in the last champ game was good and when he played VFL for us he was very good in the last quarter with his chase and pressure. His pressure was enough to effect several rebounds even though he was not nailing tackles.
Which if often whats required isn't it, opponent has the ball, looks and there is no space/free oponent to look at ball carrier is under pressure can lead to a turnover or contested possession ?

I would argue he is switched on from what I have seen live . He may not make 10 tackles a game but his positioning in the last champ game was good and when he played VFL for us he was very good in the last quarter with his chase and pressure. His pressure was enough to effect several rebounds even though he was not nailing tackles.
If he plays he plays. That would be great. I'm really interested in the selection pressure that will be there now and the depth that can develop. Guelfi and Snelling (providing he gets back to his '21 form) should be very challenging to dislodge from that forward line, plus D'Ambrossio has shown he can play there.

Also keen to see if Alwyn gets midfield time.

If Hepps is appointed Captain again The Board , Coach and any other idiot who has a say in this club need to be sacked.
Great servant, great bloke, great player but but but **** me .

Heppell will get one more year I reckon.

This will give Zach enough time to read a few more self-help books and win a brownlow.
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

At least they score more goals or close to same amount of goals our BLOCKBUSTING AFLW .
you had almost 4 hours to think about a response and still couldn’t string a coherent sentence together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you had almost 4 hours to think about a response and still couldn’t string a coherent sentence together
just walked in the door, thought I spelt well. You need a K on the end.
I think you and Kong are brothers.
It's sunday why are people so angry. DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.

just walked in the door, thought I spelt well. You need a K on the end.
I think you and Kong are brothers.
It's sunday why are people so angry. DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.
I don’t identify as jmoo’s brother, more their non binary cousin.

At least they score more goals or close to same amount of goals our BLOCKBUSTING AFLW .
Well it has been going at a professional level for over 100 years compared to AFLW .
Check back in 10 years when all the players have come through an elite junior program.

Zach Merrett puts his hand up as the most consistent performer of last seven years

Lock him in

Did you know that Zach Merrett (MID, $949,000) is the only player in the competition to average more than 100 points in every season from 2016
He will be remembered by 2022 Fantasy Classic winner Matt Mottram for his epic score of 172 in round 20 against North Melbourne.
The HiLux-winning move to make Merrett his captain was the difference at the end of the season. Coaches can pick up the uber-premium at a good price as outlier scores of 51 (a disastrous game for the Bombers against Sydney) and 55 (heavy tag by GWS) brought his average below 110 for the first time in three years.

2 Bad games in 3 years not tooooo shabby by Capt Zach in my unbiased opinion:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

He has always tackled. His defensive running / positioning and plain ball watching has been the issue in the past and he is working on now.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back