Preview Round 17 - Essendon VS Collingwood, MCG, Friday 5/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the fox sports power rankings consistently have dogs in top 4. But apparently our win against them counts for nought.
"Fox sports power rankings" sounds like a load of shit, particularly if Kingy is involved in calculating it.

Caddy & Shiel for a tall (Goldy, Draper or Wright) and Menzies?
That’s what I think.

Also Kelly should play this week. I did hear a few training watchers saying they wouldn’t be surprised if Heppell wasn’t named but who knows.

IN - Caddy, Shiel, Kelly.
OUT - Goldy, Menzie, Heppell.

Perkins plays more time up forward with Shiel’s inclusion.

That’s what I think.

Also Kelly should play this week. I did hear a few training watchers saying they wouldn’t be surprised if Heppell wasn’t named but who knows.

IN - Caddy, Shiel, Kelly.
OUT - Goldy, Menzie, Heppell.

Perkins plays more time up forward with Shiel’s inclusion.
There was some talk that Reddog may not be 100%, so it could be Kelly for him.

We need to unlock the beast. Wright has the Hulk inside. Hopefully he gets a punch in the head early. Or maybe Scott can arrange a brawl in the race between 2M and Cam Mooney just before the start. This is Collingwood we're talking about. Whatever it takes.
Only problem is while everyone wants Wright to be this kind of beast

tumblr_9305ae1582da570c19c1f9b75e2704ac_4aeb60dd_640.gif

He'll always be this kind of beast
992063f053a7212178f0c2124e456d1b.gif

First time in a long time that I agree with the selection changes.

Heppell is getting past it and is 80% fumbly/shanky and 20% composed. So far that 20% has been keeping him in the side.

Goldy, although immense in being the stop-gap that he was brought to be, can't keep up and needs more rest.

Menzie, although I am a fan of his scope (he's a kid), needed to be sent the message to improve.

Caddy should've played last week, Kelly has a bigger tank/tougher body than Heppell and Shiel a possible x-factor who's earned his shot.

It's all in our hands now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Heppell dropped.. hopefully we nursed him to the 250 and that is that. Put in a few vintage performances this season but not part of the future planning. Like Caddy in but reckon Goldy does more than draper.. but here we are.

Menzie unlucky but ultimately that is just shuffling chairs.

Perkins surely on notice.. surely.

Hopefully Hind or Cox sub from that group. Kelly has had a decent year, but he's looked cooked at times as well. Hopefully he's fresh and can do a job on one of their smalls. Stating the obvious but it will take a complete turnaround in form, mindset and skill execution to win this. Collingwood haven't been great but they are an experienced team that can flick the switch when needed. Something you rarely see us do in the last 23 years

Yep hope Shiel isn’t the sub

Would prefer Cox in, Perkins sub

Really hope they don't make Shiel the sub.
If Shiel is the sub.
mad-tantrum.gif

Not sure who else. Shiel was horrible as sub too. Maybe Guelfi, Hobbs?

The sooner they piss the sub off and just have 5-6 on the bench the better!

That serves a different purpose since more people have on the bench changes the game time per interchange math and that has a direct correlation to the average pressure rating a team can play at (and how watchable the game is)

Sub is good if anything should have 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back