Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) - in until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney and his team bent the club over with the current turmoil and the rumours of North being interested. Viney got the deal he wanted. Kudos to them.

A lot of years for a player that plays a battering ram style and really has no other strings to his bow.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I love Viney, but his age is showing. He's not tall like a max where he can Sandilands a few extra seasons out of his height, He's not an athletic runner with agility that can keep getting to the right spots on work rate with his age.

You take the contest away from Viney, he's cooked. Sidebottom did that to perfection and most other teams will as well. Other than mid i don't know what other roles he can play. We tried the same with Jones who was a battering ram at times, and he couldn't adapt as a forward or half back

His leadership and courage is fantastic, but it might be served teaching the kids in the 2s (although we all know Goodwin names his favourites, and Viney is one of his all time favourites)

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, after all i never thought i'd see tmac play consistent football again. But Viney feels over the hill and might just keep on sliding downward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it when players talk about being self less only to then listen to offers from an opposition club to pressure the MFC into giving them an over extended contract they know full right they won’t deliver value on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) - in until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back