Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to be a self-less clubman and step aside from the senior side.
Been an absolute whole hearted warrior but when the Essendon player refused to go anywhere near you and still completly and utterly butcher the ball resulting in a small, heart breaking loss you should know in your heart of hearts, your time is up
No player should just step aside, the job of every player is to put their best foot forward and then for the coaches to decide who should be selected based on performance and team balance.

If his time is up, he won't get a contract extension and if his form doesn't warrant it, he'll go back to the VFL. End of the day though, that's with list management and the coaching committee, not Jack.

No player should just step aside, the job of every player is to put their best foot forward and then for the coaches to decide who should be selected based on performance and team balance.

If his time is up, he won't get a contract extension and if his form doesn't warrant it, he'll go back to the VFL. End of the day though, that's with list management and the coaching committee, not Jack.

Great post. While it would be ideal for players to call time themselves, that's why you need strong leadership who can make those uncomfortable decisions.

The OOF was the icing on the cake, I was at the cheer squad end and Jack was constantly getting beaten and was loose. The last 3 weeks he has been targeted by opposition teams. He looks slow and cumbersome again (not that he ever looked anything more than shuffling).
Yeah it's not just the out of bounds. He's had a rough few weeks and there is a long way to go in the season. Probably a bit of a combo of picking up some niggles / injury and teams using that to expose weaknesses that are already there. He's had a solid year to date, best he's had for a while but is not untouchable.

The double-fist out of bounds instead of marking it cost us a goal as well.

Worst game from Jack this year. He’s actually been pretty good for most of it.

Who else do we have? Corr? Yeah, well he is on an 5 year deal - another Rawlings special. How many shlt sandwiches can Rawlings bring to the table?
He did get us George Wardlaw so I'm not that filthy over Corr having two more years.

Yeah it's not just the out of bounds. He's had a rough few weeks and there is a long way to go in the season. Probably a bit of a combo of picking up some niggles / injury and teams using that to expose weaknesses that are already there. He's had a solid year to date, best he's had for a while but is not untouchable.
That's right - the OOB is one thing but he hasn't been able to keep up with his opponent. He"s been way behind on long leads and looked fully lactic as his opponents do repeat leads. He also then can"t run when we get the ball - he's too stuffed. He looks so slow, he must be injured but either way he should have this week off.

That's right - the OOB is one thing but he hasn't been able to keep up with his opponent. He"s been way behind on long leads and looked fully lactic as his opponents do repeat leads. He also then can"t run when we get the ball - he's too stuffed. He looks so slow, he must be injured but either way he should have this week off.
Yeah it destroys our team defence when a forward can lead up with little to no pressure in him.
Always zoning off
Hopefully he doesn’t want to end his career in the vfl like his mate cunners

Yeah it destroys our team defence when a forward can lead up with little to no pressure in him.
Always zoning off
Hopefully he doesn’t want to end his career in the vfl like his mate cunners

I think he is a victim of our redefined defensive structure. Early this year we guarded space and most players played loose. This suited Jack because he still has a goos footy brain and can move towards the ball coming in without much concern for his man. As we have begun to play a more man to man style, the defenders have to be more accountable and this isn't his strength,.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Ziebell he was keeping unforced errors to a minimum but they’re starting to creep back in. Obviously the kicking issues are back but things like hospital handballs and spoiling back into the corridor - he wasn’t doing that shit earlier on so I’m convinced he’s playing injured and the question I ask is why? the ****

Corr, Perez, Young are all fit

Just on Ziebell he was keeping unforced errors to a minimum but they’re starting to creep back in. Obviously the kicking issues are back but things like hospital handballs and spoiling back into the corridor - he wasn’t doing that s**t earlier on so I’m convinced he’s playing injured and the question I ask is why? the *

Corr, Perez, Young are all fit
Agree.

It's actually one of our most experienced lines so there is no real need to be so conservative. Corr is like for like, Young and Dawson both offer similar size options. Personally since his good showing on the weekend I'd be inclined to bring Dawson in as he seems to play with some run which would suit us rather than allowing us to be Hall centric (not that I think Hall should be in either).

Since the Melbourne game.
Getting jabbed up before match’s now.

Reckon if he went in for surgery that
would be it.

Don't want people to take this the wrong way. I love the club and spend all the same emotional energy and savings that everyone else does. We're all diehards, lets take that as given.

But **** me we're a bit of a joke these days sometimes eh? You can only laugh.

We're keeping our geriatric ex-captain tractor slow defender on the park out of form and hanging together, because we can't afford to not play him.

This is the headspace Richmond supporters must've occupied for 30 years.

Don't want people to take this the wrong way. I love the club and spend all the same emotional energy and savings that everyone else does. We're all diehards, lets take that as given.

But **** me we're a bit of a joke these days sometimes eh? You can only laugh.

We're keeping our geriatric ex-captain tractor slow defender on the park out of form and hanging together, because we can't afford to not play him.

This is the headspace Richmond supporters must've occupied for 30 years.
You know it’s Ziebs too wanting to play through the pain and that’s just natural Jack.
Maybe they are nursing him through to the bye.

Clarko and Ratts have mentioned he’s a warrior and champion and that his whole career he’s played sore, sacrificed for the team, etc.
But surely we are beyond wheeling out 30+ year olds with banged up bodies when we have multiple replacements ready to go in the VFL.

It’s madness

Last edited:
You know it’s Ziebs too wanting to play through the pain and that’s just natural Jack.
Maybe they are nursing him through to the bye.

I have zilch issue with players pushing their case forwards. While there is sometimes that "team first" playing rule themselves out or taking themselves off the ground, more often than not I think they introduces too much grey area.

Players should want to play and it's on the coaches to rule them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back