Delisted #7: Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to replicate his first half of the season, for an entire season, basically.

If he does that he kicks 30 goals a year and laying 4 or so tackles a game.

I'd be absolute thrilled to get Jetta of rounds 1 to when we played Port in Adelaide over the course of a season.

KA

Good post.

Yet to be convinced that Jetta will be part of our next premiership team.

I know that Keystone Agony has basically addressed the issue but...Jetta seems to be one of the players on the list who did not emerge from the dark ages at EFC until 2010/2011. While things generally started on the upward curve from 2008 onwards a few still fell through the cracks for whatever reason.

From what I've read Jetta and others say about Jetta, it is clear that he had not appreciated anything close to the level of physical preparation that is required of AFL players until the end of 2010 (and start of Hird, etc). It would be letting Jetta off far too lightly to say that he has only done 2 preseasons but in terms of trying to identify the limit of his potential and reasons for the fadeouts in his seasons it is probably worth viewing Jetta's physical development as being on pretty close to those drafted in 2009.

If he can sustain his early season form he will be an excellent small forward.

Happy he signed. showed signs two seasons back that he could be a 30 posession a game player. May not be the fastest track runner but has high agility.

Reckon he'll be better with Goddard and Winders in the team (god they're two massive ins!!!).

he has a heart just lacks balls... maybe if Hirdy had a talk with him. Got way to much talent to waste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh Leroy.

I like Leroy. Great kicking skills. Great at baulking, dodging and making others look silly. But you know what I'd like to see from him?...cut out this bullshit puttin hands up and complaining to umpires type crap.

He strikes me as a bloke who has taken a few years to get his head around the fact that he's actually a pro AFL player. Too many times he flashes in and around the a packs and almost waits to be tackled and then expects a reward (free kick) for his brief, but solid effort to win the ball.

If he was reading this...and you can bet someone like Leroy would be interested in what Bombers fans think of him...I would say " Have a look a Robin Nahas and his relentless attack on the ball mate. This is the type of effort and determination you have to possess EVERY ####ING MINUTE OF A GAME. You're so close to being an A grade small..mid/forward..if you would just drop all the carry-on you sometimes go on with and just get ####ing nasty."

We are all behind you son. Just do it.:thumbsu:

I must be alone in thinking this but I reckon Jetta is way underrated. He is our best small forward and has the potential to be a good part of the midfield rotation as well. Well Winderlich is better but good luck getting him on the park. When Davey was kicking his 3 goals a game, it was Jetta giving him all the assists. In fact Jetta was quite high in the assist stats league wide (I think top 10ish, i forget the exact number). If he can just focus on giving consistent output week in week out he will become an invaluable part of our best 22.

Also regarding his pace, he is quick but he is not lightning. He won't break the lines with pure pace well not often anyway. But he has a nice sidestep and good kicking skills and between all his attributes he is a good deliverer of the ball. If he can get away from the controversy of his diving then I reckon we will see him blossom a bit like Dempsey last year where he just reached that added level of maturity. Reckon he will play a role similar to Rioli, mostly up forward, with occasional stints in the midfield.

Get him rotating through the midfield, his kicking looked superb!
Actually he would be quite damaging off the HBF if he was better defensively!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back