Delisted #7: Leroy Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with Leroy is, his best attribute is his passing - especially over 50 yards. I just want to see him hunt the ball more and brake some games open.

Had North been 100 up though, do you think Harvey would have played better/had more goals as a result?
I'd only be guessing.

He might've kicked 6 for the first time in his career, despite playing in two premierships and plenty of other good sides.

Or they might've given better delivery to their talls, and Drew would've kicked 10.

Who knows.

Not sure on the assists stats, Jetta is probably ahead there...

When the Duck is in your side, I'm sure the assists would be disproportinally huge.

Cue some sort of lazy joke about the Stevens thing.

Leroy gets a 2 year extension and not a squeak is heard. He's more so on the outer on this board than I realised.

Very good news imo.

Should come into his own now. Should be developed enough to impact more often and we should be a better side now and that will help him.

Interesting how this board ignores the second half of the year for lots of players but hunts others. Fringe players that missed the second half of the year have become superstars.

Boody good news. LErroy oozes class and with the rest of the team playing he can get into the forward hakf and do what he does best. Would love to see him build up his tank and play some more in the midfield but at hte moment in the forward line his pressure to tackle and keep the ball locked in is excellent.

Top 5 in AFL for goal assists if I'm not mistaken.
Jetta was 2nd at goal assists at essendon with 21 only behind Watson with 23. jetta was top 15 in the whole AFL
afl leader was kieran jack with 27.
note: this is only for regular season, no finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was excited when I saw Jetta re-signed.

Same.
My favourite player on the list.
I think Jetta is one of the best users of the ball at the club by foot over any distance.
I love watching him link up with Ryder all the time, it's like he runs so much harder when Ryder has it and when Jetta has it Ryder does the same. They read each other so well.

Great news, he has always put 100% into his game, chasing and pressuring opponents a strong point. We would lose a heap of speed from the team if he went elsewhere.

I think the best of Jetta is still to come, he needs to work harder and be able to play more midfield minutes. Also needs to be able to find a way to 'will' himself to more contests when he is having an off day. Has to narrow the gap between good and bad quarters/games.

Excellent re-signing, Davey should follow shortly.

It's weird to say that a player needs to work better offensively, but Jetta is a rare one who does, his tackling was great at the start of the season and his cardio appeared to improved. I feel like he caught a bit of Melkshamitis towards the end of the year and couldn't run games out, just seemed tired.

Hes our best small forward and yes thats what he is. We no longer need him further up the ground in the guts. We have that covered. He has only really played 2 full years in his career and they have been in the past 2 years. People seem to think Jetta is older than he actually is. People were pretty happy with what he did last year kicking 27 goals, this year he hit the scoreboard with 8 more scoring shots in 2 less games.

FWIW ballantyne only had 2 more scoring shots and avg one possession more per game. I see Ballantyne as one of the best small forwards in the game.

Next year Jetta needs to go deep forward and really play close to goal where he gets less possessions but more goals. Hopefully 35~ in his 3rd full season in a row.

How was 2012 Jetta's 2nd full season ?

Hasn't he been listed for 6 years - Played 1st game in 2007.

Jetta has had a decent run with injury.

He either has to get into the midfield rotations or be a deep small forward. At the moment he is a hybrid.

How was 2012 Jetta's 2nd full season ?

Hasn't he been listed for 6 years - Played 1st game in 2007.

Jetta has had a decent run with injury.

He either has to get into the midfield rotations or be a deep small forward. At the moment he is a hybrid.

Played 4, 18,6 and 11 respectivily from 2007-2010 (hardly any fluency, makes it hard to gain improvement). Id expect something next year though being his 3rd year after 2 full years and luckily enough 3rd years tend to provide a bit of a breakout naturally although it will be really his 7th season.

Although i agree i think he needs to find one position and play most of his footy there that being deep forward. Hopefully healthy competition between him and Alwyn the other playing VFL and fighting for a spot forward. I think Essendon fans got carried away with seeing 1-2 good games through the midfield late in the season against shit opposition with nothing on the line and added to his U18 football where people seemed to think he was a midfielder but was more a pure half forward. For me hes a natural instinct small forward that applies good defensive pressure who needs to get cleaner with his hands. This is also when we hand a pretty depleted midfielder and were looking for a quick fix rather than an actual fix.

Now
Watson - Goddard - Stanton - Zaharakis - Heppell

Howlett - Myers- Hocking - Winderlich

Ekav - Melksham - Browne - Colyer

provide that midfield quality/depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back