Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed with Bakes. But if he is gunna go, better he goes before he is a free agent and we get something for him. Only hope the club abandons their generous nature when trading and holds out for the best deal.

Generous nature? Didn’t you guys bend north over when you traded them that key forward spud?😉

Tiger71 said all along that the decision to leave was always going to be super hard for Baker to make. He said he was torn and seriously loved the Tigers. He said he was hearing Baker would stay but the pull to move closer home may be too much.

Tigs always shares what he hears and it’s true at the time he is told it but things change quickly - doesn’t mean he was wrong. A call from Bakers mum pleading with him would be all it took to change his mind.
What a load of garbage he bought a 2million dollar house in Perth, you don’t spend that to rent out to bogans

Generous nature? Didn’t you guys bend north over when you traded them that key forward spud?😉
Dude the guy was full of promise and was ok with us why would they bend over otherwise. they royally fd him up like most players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD some of you blokes melting about Baker , Rioli & Shai

Just wait until next year when Norf put a godfather offer to Noah Balta 7 year $12 million dollars
And we wont match

2025 afl draft
Richmond pick #1 -Dyson Sharp
Richmond pick #2 - Archie Ludowyke ( Balta compo )

Last edited:
Dude the guy was full of promise and was ok with us why would they bend over otherwise. they royally fd him up like most players.

Every AFL player has promise at the beginning, that’s how they get into the system. I think norf were just happy someone wanted to come to there club.😂

Most likely, we are the biggest bend over artists in the league when it comes to trades😂
Pick 3 or Ried for Baker straight swap it is

I have to say this whole family reasons stuff is ridiculous. So many families move from their support networks to pursue work opportunities. Yer it is hard but you fight it out and make it work. They don’t have the resources and support network of an AFL club backing them either.
Marlion moved to RFC with a wife, 4 kids and on bugger all money. Marlion obviously has a terrific wife but they made it work and RFC supported them.
If Baker is moving for money fine. But be honest. I don’t buy the family excuse.

I have to say this whole family reasons stuff is ridiculous. So many families move from their support networks to pursue work opportunities. Yer it is hard but you fight it out and make it work. They don’t have the resources and support network of an AFL club backing them either.
Marlion moved to RFC with a wife, 4 kids and on bugger all money. Marlion obviously has a terrific wife but they made it work and RFC supported them.
If Baker is moving for money fine. But be honest. I don’t buy the family excuse.
Could be mistaken but I haven’t seen anything that says Baker is moving for family reasons specifically just that he wants to return to WA

Bolton is the one that cited family reasons and from my understanding they are pretty understandable circumstances

Family reasons or whatever is a cop out. Had 7 years to piss off and chooses the year we finish last. This club gave him 2 flags, an opportunity at AFL level and he has nothing but disloyalty to show when we’re at our lowest.
no point in holding anger about the situation.
look on the bright side,we are cashing in on a 25 year old player and eventually will get a quality 18 year old future star.
plenty of positives to come going foward.

Baker had no issues staying in Melbourne when we won 3 flags

mate. we couldn't match that level stupid generosity.

they threw $500k/ year at a 9 gamer. Notorious for getting on the piss. Cost us a $100k salary cap fine, which meant we lost Leppitch & McRae.

then he was stuck behind Goldstein.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back