Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think all 3 will stay, but I really don't agree with this statement bolded above.

If just Graham went and we got the expected pick 22 in return, we are likely to go to what is thought to be a deep draft with picks 1, 18, 21, 22 and probably a pick around 40. For just the loss of Graham. Ok, the picks 18, 21, 22 are likely to slide to say 22, 27, 28, but it is still a really strong draft hand. And we retain all of Baker, Rioli, Bolton. Baker alone of those 3 leaving would likely strengthen our 24 & 25 draft hands substantially. Rioli alone leaving probably amounts to a fringe top 10 pick + something else. Bolton alone leaves surely gets us 3 round 1 picks. But if they all stay we are retaining 3 really good players.

No way should the club be forcing players out the door. But we can already see the players are respecting Richmond's position and you can bet that will be mutual, as it should be.
Ur not getting 22 for Graham
Zero Chance

Ur not getting 22 for Graham
Zero Chance
Do you even understand how the bands are graded?????

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five bands:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

Pick 22ish is band 3 compensation (after our 2nd round). When your dead last bands 2 and 3 are practically the same ( ordinarily that would translate to band 2= pick 19 and band 3= 20. Nobody has any idea about Free Agents like Tim English, Josh Battle etc. This year those 2 end of 1st round picks North got that they traded to Sydney and Gold Coast push it out another 2 spots. We will basically get compensation pick 22-24 as band 3 compo isn't a huge contract.

Jade Gresham netted Saints band 2. James Jordon netted Dee's band 4. Graham's contract will be in the middle of them and far superior to Jordons. So band 3. I'll put money on it.

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

Pick 22ish is band 3 compensation (after our 2nd round). When your dead last bands 2 and 3 are practically the same ( ordinarily that would translate to band 2= pick 19 and band 3= 20. Nobody has any idea about Free Agents like Tim English, Josh Battle etc. This year those 2 end of 1st round picks North got that they traded to Sydney and Gold Coast push it out another 2 spots. We will basically get compensation pick 22-24 as band 3 compo isn't a huge contract.

Jade Gresham netted Saints band 2. James Jordon netted Dee's band 4. Graham's contract will be in the middle of them and far superior to Jordons. So band 3. I'll put money on it.
Jack Graham 27
James Jordan 23

Gresham contract partially manipulated during free agency to appease the Saints

It will be Band 4 or worse imo.

Good Luck I don't have a dog in this fight but reckon there is no chance at Band 3 unless West Coast are dumber than a brick handing him a stupid contract

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

Isn’t Graham an unrestricted free agent? Uncontracted? Can leave for nothing

Jack Graham 27
James Jordan 23

Gresham contract partially manipulated during free agency to appease the Saints

It will be Band 4 or worse imo.

Good Luck I don't have a dog in this fight but reckon there is no chance at Band 3 unless West Coast are dumber than a brick handing him a stupid contract

What contract do you think Graham might be offered?

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

I Posted this the other day:

1722919679807.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the eagles pay him that a season they are nuts lol

He is probably a $500k player in a trade situation, so Eagles(or someone else) might be happy to pay that bit extra to get Graham as a free agent. He gets a bad rap on here, but AFL clubs know how good he is, thus the big offer from the Blues a few years back.

He is probably a $500k player in a trade situation, so Eagles(or someone else) might be happy to pay that bit extra to get Graham as a free agent. He gets a bad rap on here, but AFL clubs know how good he is, thus the big offer from the Blues a few years back.

I think he isn't quick enough for the game anymore but hey I'm not complaining if they want to offer him that. I know we shouldn't and perhaps this has Matty Clarke written all over it. Might also be a move to try and entice Baker to the Eagles as well.

100%, it comes with a tax when convincing a player to move interstate.

100%, it comes with a tax when convincing a player to move interstate.

If the eagles are offering him 600k (with the increase in Salary cap by 10% across the league) and we get a 2nd round pick for him then we should be celebrating like we did in 2017 after winning the flag.

His "concussion" at training was perfectly timed. Conveniently misses 2 matches keeping him fit and injury free for his triumphant return to the West with enough time to have a farewell game at the G. Well orchestrated, Tigers brains trust. Bravo 😉
did work in our advantage
just got to get through the final round and we can deliver him fresh and ready to the west
i so wish trade period could start the day after the G.F... lets get this party started !

I reckon this week is our last chance for a re-signing announcement.

I doubt there'd be many players who sign post-season. They've got footy trips and shit to go off on.
agree, the feact we haven't go it yet, screams he is gone.

What would he not know by now that would still be influencing his decision?

He knows the offers from all clubs
He knows everything about our club
He knows all he can about WC (except new coach) and Freo

So apart from the WC coach, what would he be waiting for?

Assumption is he has made up his mind, the fact we haven't announced it says he's gone (provision there is still time this week).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back