List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor saints, battle is leaving for less coin… will be under the 900k per season lol.
Well, that should mean any chance they had of getting a top 10 pick goes out the window. Let's see the CFL come in with their secret herbs and spices and turn it into a high 1st rounder.

Damo f***wit Barrett has already conditioned the AFL world to what the compo will be and it will be a top ten pick. Put your house on it. He did the same with us and B. Ellis. Basically said there’s no formula. It’s just the vibe. Saints are a pathetic existence so the AFL will pump em up with a top ten pick.

Damo f***wit Barrett has already conditioned the AFL world to what the compo will be and it will be a top ten pick. Put your house on it. He did the same with us and B. Ellis. Basically said there’s no formula. It’s just the vibe. Saints are a pathetic existence so the AFL will pump em up with a top ten pick.

I reckon he is right, CFL have no formula.

I’m fine with that but I’m trading 2 picks we get this year into next year to get 2 more first rounders next year.
Why ? The general consensus seems to be that this years draft is way more deepoer than next year and 1 draft watcher has even mentioned a pick #25 this year could go as high as top 10-15 next year

with that in mind just take 8 kids a get the extra year development into them

West Coast fans were thinking two second round picks would suffice.

Would then adding what is being suggested be worth it?

West Coast Receive: Liam Baker, Pick 10 and F4

Richmond Receive: Pick 3, Pick 23 and F2

A Freo poster on the trades board mentioned Trent Knobels son Max as potential steak knives in any trades. He is a 206cm ruckman drafted in 2022 ND. Won't get a game ahead of Jackson, Darcy and Reidy any time soon. Played mostly WAFL reserves this year but looked like he played pretty well in both ressies and seniors when called up.

We will need to find a ruckman to replace Colina and Naismith. Could be a good option? Last ruckman they gave away for peanuts dominated an elimination final a few days ago.

Why ? The general consensus seems to be that this years draft is way more deepoer than next year and 1 draft watcher has even mentioned a pick #25 this year could go as high as top 10-15 next year

with that in mind just take 8 kids a get the extra year development into them

I'm in the same boat. Load up on this draft. They won't all come good but that's the same as any year. The mids might play a bit first year. The key position players might not play much at all in the first 2-3 years. If all our trades turn out pretty good this is going to be almost the equivalent of the GC or GWS drafts where the had every second pick in the top 20. GWS have made it work for them, GC not so much. But with Tasmania coming in, now is the time to hit this draft super hard and get a big chunk of our future team onto the list.

I wouldn't want to commit beyond 2026 paying salaries. Never know how good the draftees will play and how quickly you can rise and have a FA wanting to come.

Good point. I’ve been big on paying the salary of traded players to boost draft value (got ridiculed about this months ago, but anyway … ;)

But there are issues to beware of. Paying big money to traded players and having current day players feeling underpaid - eg. Noah Balta might be on $700k and think he’s worth a million but we say we can’t afford it … because we are paying $2m to players at other clubs.

I’d also imagine the club will continue to massively front end the contracts of Hopper, Short, Broad, Nank, TT etc… This brings any future ‘exposure’ to zero whereby the last year or two of their contracts they are on minimum chips… especially Hopper who is a year older and more injury prone.

This sets us up brilliantly for multiple free agent plays or trades end of 2026-28, but as you say, you don’t want to be committed to
big coin paid off-shore beyond 2026-27 as players will become disgruntled if they feel they are getting below what they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A Freo poster on the trades board mentioned Trent Knobels son Max as potential steak knives in any trades. He is a 206cm ruckman drafted in 2022 ND. Won't get a game ahead of Jackson, Darcy and Reidy any time soon. Played mostly WAFL reserves this year but looked like he played pretty well in both ressies and seniors when called up.

We will need to find a ruckman to replace Colina and Naismith. Could be a good option? Last ruckman they gave away for peanuts dominated an elimination final a few days ago.

If he's even half as good as his old man, it's only the right choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you serious ? they'll 100% take him . they are deluded and think theyre in a window

and gun tall forwards dont grow on trees
We need to keep lynch for leadership alone, to help out our forward line.

They could have got him with pick 100 though. F4s add 0 to a trade value, their only use going forward will be just so you can take a selection in the draft when you're out of picks.
..so Geelong got what they wanted?

Which ended up being?

4th round picks don't even end up getting used a lot of the time.

Money Reaction GIF by Ooki

My memory of 2005 was that the triangle mainly consisted of Simmonds, Stafford and Richo. Or is that what you mean? Knobel playing allowed them to play up forward?

Terry's triangle ... those were the days. This year we had Meehan's triangle. Where our key forward's disappeared through injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back