Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something I find uneasy about Zane. Not meaning to disparage him but still can't quite put my finger on it.

Like I'm not convinced he has or will fully buy into our club.

Most probably wrong, often are.
Nah no chance. They’re both loyal country boys.

Xavier was just pushed out. Have on good authority he wasnt liked at port. Doubt he wouldve left otherwise.

My only ITK, is linked to Zane. And he loves it at North. Loves Clarko. Says Clarko talks to him and the young blokes one-on-one, alot.
My ITK isn’t a Roos man, but he couldn’t believe how good the vibe is at the joint. You wouldn’t believe we were winless if you were amongst the lads. Probably a reflection of how young everyone is, and they are just loving playing AFL footy.
Now, a positive vibe means SFA in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason it made me feel a little better knowing the young blokes aren’t carrying the scars of the last 5 years.

My only ITK, is linked to Zane. And he loves it at North. Loves Clarko. Says Clarko talks to him and the young blokes one-on-one, alot.
My ITK isn’t a Roos man, but he couldn’t believe how good the vibe is at the joint. You wouldn’t believe we were winless if you were amongst the lads. Probably a reflection of how young everyone is, and they are just loving playing AFL footy.
Now, a positive vibe means SFA in the grand scheme of things, but for some reason it made me feel a little better knowing the young blokes aren’t carrying the scars of the last 5 years.
I can't like this enough

Have spoken to a north player recently in our 22, and he can confirm this - but also said that it’s not always a good thing… young guys just happy they are playing afl and are a bit awe struck at being able to do so, don’t feel the losses the same way as some of the senior players ect

My only concern is you've taken your parody up a notch with this post.

Have spoken to a north player recently in our 22, and he can confirm this - but also said that it’s not always a good thing… young guys just happy they are playing afl and are a bit awe struck at being able to do so, don’t feel the losses the same way as some of the senior players ect
Right now, I'll take it as a good thing. You want these kids enthusiastic. Hopefully spark something in the older players. Losing is understandably breaking them.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He will be fine once we come up with a game plan that's better than bombing it on top of the non moving larkey ,this is primary school stuff and god i wish we could have players up there that could lead hard into space or allowed to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not ITK or have a feeling about whether he wants to stay or not, but after watching Sydney last night move the ball quickly into their forward line, not hard to have sympathy for a kid trying to ply his trade in ours after 10 or so games.

Let's just say the ball rarely comes in quickly or often but when it does our forward line is like the Bourke Street Mall on Xmas eve.

Last edited:
Xavier would have been good for us!! Pity he didn't request to come to North rather than the scum as he could've played with his brother....so f him and the scumbag club he plays for!
At this stage, we're likely to be vying for Willem Duursma in 2025:rolleyes:
‘Likely’? Optimistic. 🥲

I believe it, the club knows it. They are confident in how they are building.

Not sure if this is a parody!

Worth mentioning though, I have a few touch points at the club and was chatting to one of our young and most promising guys about 3 weeks back.

Think it was after the GC game, I suggested that it must be rough at the club, how are you holding up?

Words were to the affect/effect (never know which one) of

-Actually fine compared to other years. Amazing environment.

-All the boys are embarrassed and disappointed but we know we are so close to getting it right

-I love being there, cant imagine how good it will be when we start winning.

He had no reason to lie, I actually set him up to give us a bit of a clip. That was his honest feelings.

Last edited:
If LDU plays like he did last week, we might get close.

If he backs up his great game with the mediocre play that has framed his year as a whole, we probably get smashed. He is just that important for us.

Needs to base his game on Will Hayward from the Swans. Early in his career he was soft as butter but he changed his game and became a really solid pressure player.

Zane needs to do the same, at the moment he is skirting the packs expecting the game to come to him, it depends happen like that in the big leagues, you have to go get your own footy, or you have to be on the end of it with work rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back