737 Crashes into World Trade Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

kind of think the pandemic has now trumped september 11 as the biggest world event.
Good call I recon.

The nineties saw the fall of communism and a somewhat optimitstic political outlook in the West.
Sept11 ushered in a new "us vs them" and the fear of terrorism, with all it's associated wars, security measures, etc
The pandemic, whilst not causing it (has been going for a while) will in time be seen as a bit of a touchstone and catalyst for this current "us vs us" phase we seem to be living in.

What a despicable act 9/11 was. Gutless cowards. Then we had the Afghan war as America attempted to destroy Al Qaeda.

Let’s hope peace can be found in the Middle East before the current escalation in conflict leads to more death & destruction in the area and other countries suffering the effects of war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Initial breaking news from Sandra Sully who was the first to break the news in Australia.

I recall she was initially reporting a light plane had crashed into one of the towers.

Is Sandra Sully still on TV?

First reports were inaccurate including the reports of a light plane crashing into the North Tower when Sully broke the news.
Yeah, as always a lot of misinformation early on. But Sandra did a great job in "real time" reporting things as they unfolded. Her coverage is indelibly etched in my memory.

The footage by the two French brothers who were doing a documentary on the firehouse in Lower Manhattan and managed to film American Airlines flight 11 as it flew over them and then slammed into the North tower was nothing short of amazing and coincidental. Of course we didn't get to see that for some time

Last edited:
Yeah, as always a lot of misinformation early on. But Sandra did a great job in "real time" reporting things as they unfolded. Her overage is indelibly etched in my memory.

The footage by the two French brothers who were doing a documentary on the firehouse in Lower Manhattan and managed to film American Airlines flight 11 as it flew over them and then slammed into the North tower was nothing short of amazing and coincidental. Of course we didn't get to see that for some time
Yeah that doco is incredible.

I recall she was initially reporting a light plane had crashed into one of the towers.

Is Sandra Sully still on TV?
Yep

OIP.f0QHUOi6p7ValKvyk9YnogHaI0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back