AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - attracting interest from GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun Raining GIF by Ryan Seslow

Dylan "lemonade" Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the other leg, still needs to be able to hop to the bathroom.

Similar thing with Draper though, like both of these surgeries should've gone in at the end of the H&A season, if not sooner.
Someone made a point about rest being the preferred option which I can understand.

Also, it would be pretty hard to dance in Ibiza with swollen knackers.

I've already written this elsewhere but doctors/surgeons will avoid surgery where possible. Anyone who has played sport and/or had surgery before will know this. It's not as simple as saying this should've been done weeks/months ago. It is a lot harder and more time consuming to come back from surgery than it is to rehab an injury. Players are constantly rehabbing injuries throughout the year and playing through pain. If players opted for the surgery route every time an injury occurred we'd be lucky to field a team. The other thing to consider is you may not come back the same after surgery has taken place (regardless of how big/small it is) so there is always an element of risk involved.

I've already written this elsewhere but doctors/surgeons will avoid surgery where possible. Anyone who has played sport and/or had surgery before will know this. It's not as simple as saying this should've been done weeks/months ago. It is a lot harder and more time consuming to come back from surgery than it is to rehab an injury. Players are constantly rehabbing injuries throughout the year and playing through pain. If players opted for the surgery route every time an injury occurred we'd be lucky to field a team. The other thing to consider is you may not come back the same after surgery has taken place (regardless of how big/small it is) so there is always an element of risk involved.
This perspective is so silly.

In time you will get with the program and realise that the right thing to do is get players to have surgery before injuring themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - attracting interest from GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back