Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want him to go but everything has its price. At what price do we say go?
Austin Powers Laugh GIF by Zypto

Sorry, but it was a behind. Much prefer the one against Richmond when he bursts from the stoppage and nails it.
Well aware. But this was a special effort. Literally disrespected the Gold Coast midfield and had a decent crack. Think of it as like the Boomer point of the century.

Elite footballer.

Don't want him to go but everything has its price. At what price do we say go?
gokangas, in one retrospect let me say this, while its true that everything has its price, in no parallel universe's do we let Luke Davies Uniacke leave our club and I'm going to tell you why.

1/ Luke is one of those rare top football talents that come to the club from the draft, work their way through the system until they reach their ceiling /potential and rather than accept more money elsewhere, want to "repay" the club by sticking through the bad times and be part of the solution of getting the club back on its feet and being successful again.

2/ From the moment I first saw him play, one could see the immense talent that lay before you, he had that something, that something that only top players have, and when you witness it, you hope that one day a player like that comes to your club, and if they do, you not only embrace it, but you look after that player and in return they will look after you.

3/ As we have come to know, there are football players that like to have something to say and then there are players who are more comfortable saying nothing and letting their performance on the field do the talking, Luke Davies Uniacke is one such person. Contrary to popular belief, even when it looks like he has had a normal/bad game, go back and focus on him through the whole game, he not only tries his heart out but sometimes he tries to do too much, which in affect is not a bad thing, its like he's saying "get behind me boys, cause we're bloody not losing this game if I can help it" anytime you can get a player of his ability wanting to go way and beyond what they can do for the team, you move heaven and earth to keep them!

To be a successful club again, when your going up that mountain, rather than slipping all the time and feeling like you'll never get to the top, get behind men like Luke, because he and the talented youngsters we are building, will grit, claw and climb that mountain through blood sweat and tears for not only for the club & themselves but for the supporters like you and me as well!

So I hear on SEN this morning that apparently the Saints have tabled a massive offer for Zach Merrett. Could this mean they have moved on from LDU based on some feedback given?
Wondered the same thing - hope its a sign they know LDU isn't interested.

Merrett is a very good footballer.
But offering a contracted 29 year old big cash, is a desperation move from the Aints.
It's not like they're close to winning anything and * would ask for 2 first round picks in return.

So I hear on SEN this morning that apparently the Saints have tabled a massive offer for Zach Merrett. Could this mean they have moved on from LDU based on some feedback given?

campaigners are throwing money at everyone. Evan their own player didn’t want it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North want to extend him into the 2030’s but LDU wants to wait to see how we start next season before he recommits. - Midweek Tackle on Fox.
Fair enough. If we do suck again next year, we could still have a top 5 pick even if we do trade out our future first this year.

So, get Houston and actually climb the ladder and keep LDU? Or no Houston, finish bottom 4, lose LDU, draft 2 skinny 18 year olds, get 60 games into them AND THEN challenge for the top 8 in 2029?

North want to extend him into the 2030’s but LDU wants to wait to see how we start next season before he recommits. - Midweek Tackle on Fox.

As suspected, the premature fist pumping by everyone after that interview was way too premature.

Won’t believe the recommitment until he actually puts his signature to his words.

Fair enough. If we do suck again next year, we could still have a top 5 pick even if we do trade out our future first this year.

So, get Houston and actually climb the ladder and keep LDU? Or no Houston, finish bottom 4, lose LDU, draft 2 skinny 18 year olds, get 60 games into them AND THEN challenge for the top 8 in 2029?

You forgot the other scenario.

Recruit Houston, still suck, still lose LDU and watch the kid we traded for the soon to be 29 year old tearing it up.

As suspected, the premature fist pumping by everyone after that interview was way too premature.

Won’t believe the recommitment until he actually puts his signature to his words.
You might want to apply that principle to your various rants about things that have never happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back