Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding game today. Leads from the front. I don't agree with the comparisons with Ablett or Judd. Cotchin will be "his own player". Just elite. Footy fans should just enjoy watching him. I think he is a real chance for the brownlow.

Outstanding game today. Leads from the front. I don't agree with the comparisons with Ablett or Judd. Cotchin will be "his own player". Just elite. Footy fans should just enjoy watching him. I think he is a real chance for the brownlow.

you're right, this is a great call :thumbsu:

Yes I agree. Trent Cotchin is good at playing football.

He is literally a genius. I still pinch myself with the knowledge we have him at Richmond. He will be a massive part of us winning a premiership, he will win multiple Brownlows. He is that good.

Bias or not I really do believe this guy is easily the best in the competition right now in all the major catogories that win football matches.

He is only going to get better, and that is going to be scarily brilliant.

He genuinely moves like Ablett does though, the way he just slips through packs and finds space, almost turning contested possession into uncontested ones, there is a lot of similarity there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a massive chance for the brownlow... those who laugh at the claim, deserve to be punched in the face :thumbsu:

Absolutely right.

Love to have had money on him at the start of the year too. It's looking like an extremely smart bet now!

Been immense for you guys right throughout the year, and especially over the last 6 weeks. Certainly wish we had him ;)

Hope some of the people who tried to talk down his work rate in order to talk up Deledio's appear in this thread to apologise. Was laughable as it was ludicrous. As good as Lids is, Cotchin is simply on another level altogether - not just to Deledio but to pretty much every footballer bar a small handful.

...and he shits all over Watson from a great height.

Hope some of the people who tried to talk down his work rate in order to talk up Deledio's appear in this thread to apologise. Was laughable as it was ludicrous. As good as Lids is, Cotchin is simply on another level altogether - not just to Deledio but to pretty much every footballer bar a small handful.

...and he shits all over Watson from a great height.
The thing is, most people (particularly supporters from other teams) look at Dream Team or Super Coach and rate a player on that. Deledio has scored higher than Cotchin on a lot of occasions so people just think he's better. What people don't see is the impact and influence the players possessions and contributions have on the game. Today in my mind, Deledio played well and contributed well but he was no where near as influential in getting Richmond the win as Cotchin was, that margin was huge.

Best game I have ever seen by anyone wearing a Richmond jumper today. Jaw dropping stuff all day today, his tackling is just getting better and better too.

For the first time in a long time im looking forward to seing Mike's top 50 players at the end of the season. Where do we think he will be placed????

Hope some of the people who tried to talk down his work rate in order to talk up Deledio's appear in this thread to apologise.

I'll assume you're referring to me

I never talked down Cotchin's work rate nor talked up Deledio's, I pointed out that Deledio got picked out by the commentary team for something that many of our best including Cotchin had done in past weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back