Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourite players, Martin and himself coming up together will be terrifying.
My mate also said Martin is a beast. Just a bull. Inconsistent, but has the tools to be a massive impact player.
We have so many spuds though. Still two drafts away from being consistently decent.

Needs to come back fitter next year, and I've got absolutely no doubt he will.

Personally I think he will win the Brownlow this year. Will poll votes in so many games. There are other good players out there for sure but with the 3-2-1 voting system I think Cotchin will poll well even in the losses. Essendon seem wobbly at the moment and Watson /Stanton have struggled. Doubt they will get many votes in the second half of the year.

Already in the top 5 AFL players this year and a Brownlow is not out of the question unless the umpires screw us yet again. Which is possible for sure.

I make no apologies in saying he is a top 5 player in this league. I would have Pendles, Ablett, Franklin, Cotchin and Watson as my top 5. Not in any order as it fluctuates.

Loved Roycey as a player...mr dependable...beautifull mark and kick...never let you down...

Loved Richo...most talented football player i have ever seen in yellow and black...inspirational..

Love Cotchin...early days yet...thinking man's grunter...could be anything....possibly a Brownlow winner this year...:thumbsu:...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a dead-set absolute superstar Trent Cotchin.
Never leave us!

one of the best things about him is we know he won't leave us, ben cousins had a huge influence on him. ben cousins the bloke that turned down an extra 200k per year and instead stayed at eagles getting the same amount of money every year just because he loved his club and his team mates

Needs to come back fitter next year, and I've got absolutely no doubt he will.
Really? o_O

We've established Cotch is a far better player than Wayne Campbell and Knighter but where does he rank with say, The Flea?
Cotchin and Flea are so alike in ways it's not funny. Cotchin definitely has a bit more class about him though. Just his ability to set his mind on getting the ball, and then actually get it, and avoid being tackled in the process.

The Flea has a premiership medallion.

He isn't yet, but I think Cotchin will retire the best Tiger of all time. Big call I know, but I haven't seen a Richmond player that can do what he does. He is freakishly good I'm just about every area of the game. Set shot kicking is literally the only area where he isn't great.

He will because social media is on his side.

He isn't yet, but I think Cotchin will retire the best Tiger of all time. Big call I know, but I haven't seen a Richmond player that can do what he does. He is freakishly good I'm just about every area of the game. Set shot kicking is literally the only area where he isn't great.

Well he's already the best player born in the 1990's.

Cotchins a very very good player...who can only get better...

Having him in the side makes the other players step up in performance...thats the beauty of having quality players in a side......

ya know Ive watched a few games on TV in recent weeks as opposed to live and have since realised just how good a player cotcha really is....id love to see him captain the club next year...not to slap newy, I have alot of time for him...but as a symbolic handing over of the baton, just like the new logo et al...it makes sense...we need to do everything right to take that next step...this is one of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back