Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly. He was crap against Carlton, poor against the dogs, played a half against Melbourne, reasonable against Geelong and I haven't watched the north game
god smh, reasonable against geelong? he was in our best, also was in our best against dogs and melbourne, the guy has so many harsh critics and keyboard warriors like yourself which are unwarranted

god smh, reasonable against geelong? he was in our best, also was in our best against dogs and melbourne, the guy has so many harsh critics and keyboard warriors like yourself which are unwarranted
He may have been our best, but we played so poorly it wasnt hard to be. While he still has been playing well he needs more game like today. Hes good but he can and should be great.

I think there was something different in today's performance, the game was there to be won and he grabbed it with both hands. It is one thing to play a great game, but head and shoulders above that is standing up when the game is in the balance and that is exactly what Cotchy did today.

Hope he takes a lot of confidence out of this, not only on the way he plays but the way he leads.

He may have been our best, but we played so poorly it wasnt hard to be. While he still has been playing well he needs more game like today. Hes good but he can and should be great.
yeah he defitnely can be much more, but it is hard to be perceived that way when your team disappoints so often. anyway lets hope this result can be something that pushes us

Oh I see people have jumped back on the bandwagon.... I suppose he is a good captain too :rolleyes:

Maybe he has just always been good but we blame the same things every time we lose.....

Cotchin is a very very very good footballer and a developing leader. /thread

NO COTCHIN IS THE BEST EVER EVERYTHING

I was blown away with Cotchin's influence on the game in Q4, would love to be able to watch the game live again so I could just watch where he went around the ground. That one play where he won the clearance, kept running and got the handball receive to deliver to Vickery was just a class above anyone else on the ground.

Shout out to Jason Dunstall for firing our good players up this week! And Buckley for not shutting them down in true Buckley fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played more selfishly, and it worked.

Around the packs, when he got the ball, he did less dishing off with a handball (to try and bring other team-mates in), and more using his evasive skills to get clear. It meant that the next disposal was far better controlled, rather than the usual bang-it-on the boot, forward to no-one in particular.

Played more selfishly, and it worked.

Around the packs, when he got the ball, he did less dishing off with a handball (to try and bring other team-mates in), and more using his evasive skills to get clear. It meant that the next disposal was far better controlled, rather than the usual bang-it-on the boot, forward to no-one in particular.
Biggest difference also was his drive to always move it forward - the last few weeks it was more crabbing around.
Probably got a lot to do with the way the whole team played too.
Wonder what his meters gained was?

Biggest difference also was his drive to always move it forward - the last few weeks it was more crabbing around.

Thats the key that the Cotchin haters refuse to see.

Cotchin has tried to save the game. So when all his mates are so dreadfully out of form, he is running around trying to plug gaps. Hence he is sideways chipping etc. Also by the half his disposal goes to shit as he is dead set exhausted. On the weekend, his mates around him finally lifted, so he was able to play his natural game which is actually quiet attacking.

Some of his contested marking for a guy his size is great to watch.

The difference being he actually held the ball and worked his way thru the traffic, not just handball / chip it sideways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back