Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Carlton Football Club for selecting Kruezer. Always wanted Cotchin pre that draft, we needed gun onballers and boy what a gun he is. Kruezer is a good big man and will be a very good player but you'd think the blues midfield would be almost unstoppable if they had chosen Cotch instead of Kruezer. TRENT COTCHIN...YOU'RE A STAR!

Starting to be a splitting image of GAJ... absolute superstar of the game already... serious love for him even as a non-richmind supporter .

Wow, I love my footy but this bloke takes the enjoyment of watching footy to another level. He's just an out and star. Scary thing is he's only 22. A few full pre seasons under his belt and he'll be the best player in the game by the the times he's 25.

That handball on the wing that led to the Vickery goal:eek: Two on him and he stands up in the tackle and nails a team mate 5 metres in the clear => Vickery kicks the crucial goal.

Next centre bounce he wins another clearance, this time a quick kick forward. The result: another goal and a decisive break.

I always wondered what it would be like to see Gary Ablett kick the thing rather than handball. I now know.

Thread needs to be stickied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin is sublime. I have no words. He does so much work and he does it so well, so cleanly. He's amazing. I love him.

Sublime is a fair call...love Cotch's super quick disposals...quick thinking...:thumbsu:...

And those kicks he manages to do so quickly and effectively in pack situations...

He drops the ball to his foot fast with his hands...so as to reduce the time between ball drop and foot so as to complete the kick and avoid being tackled...

I think i have only seen Cousins do that a few times...

The Tigers have been ridiculed for some previous drafting but they got this 100% right, his balance is unbelievable and I'd be surprised if he's not rated as a top 5 player in the game by the end of the year.

The Tigers have been ridiculed for some previous drafting but they got this 100% right, his balance is unbelievable and I'd be surprised if he's not rated as a top 5 player in the game by the end of the year.
Mike Sheahan in his pre season top 50 , predicted he'd be the 32nd best player in the AFL this year .

He just plays footy how it is meant to be played and is a great representative of the footy club off the field as well.
He is just the perfect person :heart:

Just love how hard he runs to provide another option as soon as he passes the ball off.

Very impressed not just with your drafting of Cotchin and Martin, but your clubs development of them as well.

Cotchin and Martin running around in 3 years will be like Gary Ablett and Ben Cousins in the same midfield, freakish

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back