Media A Century of Chipmunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we celebrate a Century of Chipmunk, here are some things you may or may not know about everyone's favourite British Pacifist...

Childhood Chess Champion!
Hates Rock/Indie....or rather pretends to
Insomniac - Vampires don't sleep
Puzzle master!
Marathon-runner
Unabashed gatecrasher
Nut/number cruncher turned teacher
King of Discord

Qareer
LVB.png

Games: 99 games, all for the East Side Hawks/Phoenix
Debut: Season 29, Round 5 (v Gold City Royals)
Win-Loss Record: 47 wins (47.47%) , 1 draw and 51 losses
Club Captain from S31-current (65* games)
beez finishes: 3x top 20 finishes in just 4 complete seasons
All-SFA selections 2x , despite playing the team game

header.png

I'm not usually the milestone thread type (funnily enough, that's more the domain of Chipmunk himself) , so I volunteered to be the distraction. I made the most of the unusually sunny weather in East Side and kept him occupied with a Halloween Heist-like scavenger hunt around Sweet whilst "debating" the Song Contest and Werewolf. We were halfway through the above puzzle before I heard back from our friends, who had decided to "chip" in ...

por_please_ya said:
What to say about our favourite British rodent that hasn't already been said? When he first joined the Phawks under the leadership of Agent93 we nearly lost him to the Vampires, and selfishly I'm glad that coffin wasn't nailed. Chip became an integral part of our group, a glue that held us together and helped us weather all storms. Mr Pacifist, chess extraordinaire, and with interesting music taste (it's a crime not to grime Chip-diddy-Chip), he has brought a unique and intelligent humour to the league. His on-field prowess has been consistent; he's never been one to want all the glory, instead encouraging and lifting up his teammates to perform at their best. If this happens to be his last game then I'm sure he'll go out in style, and shout us all a few beers to commiserate. But, we hope that it's NOT our last game and he can lead us to Grand Final glory once and for all, and shout us all a few beers to celebrate. Happy 100th Chippy you legend!

200.gif

eth-dog said:
Ah, young Chipmunk. A good friend and funny poster.

Chippy's been one of the best posters for the last few seasons and was a big reason I joined East Side way back when. His ability to find humour in most situations was refreshing to the league and that's why he became a leader and then captain so quickly.

Been a pleasure to play 90-odd games of your hundred mate! Hopefully we can top it off with a GF berth.

Agent93 said:
My favourite memory of Chipmunk is that 3 weeks after signing him I found out he'd signed on with an expansion bid.

My second favourite memory was rather than assauge PMBangers captaincy aspirations and keep him around, Chippy basically told him to FRO. That call has looked exceptionally good in hindsight.

My third favourite memory is finding out how delightfully British he sounds on voice chat.

But look at him now! 100 games and no premiership, what a loser!
(I am eternally grateful for him accepting the captaincy from me, and honestly hope the above is a reverse jinx)

DERO said:
Sits only behind Barrybran, Managatang and BRAB as the best former captain that I have ever had.

jmoo wan said:
My first memory of Chipmunk is him arriving at school screaming his head off because he didn’t want to leave his mother.

He had to be carried into the class in the arms of the headmistress, who announced to the rest of the class ‘Look what a silly little boy we have got here’.

We had a lot of fun growing up together though, causing mischief - we sort of, used to run through the fields of wheat, the farmers weren't too pleased about that.

Broken said:
I remember when Chipmunk collected his first 99 nuts. He'd stuff them in his cheeks. He was so cute. Congrats on your 100th nut.

SarahSmiles said:
Chippy is one of the league's good guys. I really enjoyed our involvement in the Vamps bid. His passion and engagement is unmatched. He's defs in my top 3 British posters in the league! Congrats on 100 mate!

MP_ said:
I’m still trying to figure out which member of the royal family chippy really is. With the Queen passing I’ve narrowed it down a little. I don’t think I’ve come across a more genuine and nicer person on Bigfooty, plus he can fit more nuts in his mouth than I could ever imagine. Cheers to 100 of the best.

Cursing Fijian said:
I first encountered chipmunk in the chess arena. His nutty smile shone through in his earlyposts and somehow made him seem distinguished.

However the great big footy chess scandal broke not long after and it quickly became apparent that chipmunk had a shadier murkier side. And it seems that he may have kept some questionable company.

Not long after I discovered the SFA and met his friends and teammates and it all finally made sense.

Seriously though chipmunk is one of the hardest working posters on BF I have had the delight to meet. Affable and welcoming and easy to converse with.

He just needs to learn to parry a misstep, with another misstep on the chess board every now and then.

Congratulations on your first ton chipmunk. Long live the chip

Despite being one of the first to hear about it, I still can't believe you're retiring. Based on how you keep mentioning a comeback before you have even retired, I suspect that you don't believe it either. At the risk of going all mellow/melancholic/getting your billy again, the SFA just won't be the same without you, and it has been an absolute pleasure being your opponent, teammate and friend.

Anyway, congratulations on the ton! With the caveat being that your 100th had better not be your last game this season.
So here's a toast to many more , including a breakthrough flag

clock.jpg

Last edited:

Congrats Chipmunk aka MaleCaz! How you beat Tonga Bob to the milestone despite not joining Sweet until mid-S29 is a mystery to all!

View attachment 1548805

Haha... Chippy was initially suspected of being a Caz alt. Not by me as it was clear he was his own rodent so I posted a defence of the Chipmunk. Iirc he sent me a nice note

I have been an admirer ever since other than WW where he is totally untrustworthy.

Congratulations on reaching the ton.

Great effort mate, must be hard being PM and playing Qooty as well.

Love how the new PM has always referred to some country called Britain. We all know there is just Inner and Outer Pomgolia..

inner are the home counties - outer are the Yorkies Welsh Scotties and occupied 6 counties in NI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 Congrats Chipmunk

chipmuck.gif

And what's not to love about the Chipmucnk - He's pops up everywhere to bring a smile

My great gatecrashing rival who has always been one step ahead. I hope you don't retire mate because this place is built on engagement and you do that in spades.

Congrats on the ton and I look forward to seeing you pop up in Baghdad's match threads without an invite:thumbsu:

Well done on getting 100 nuts in those cheeks Chipmunk
cant wait to see how many you can fit in there

animal-cant-stop-wont-stop

Thanks for the kind words all!

It goes to show, whoever you are, there’s a place for you in this community. Make the most of it 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back