Rookie
Suspended
May 24, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
manutd, norwood
Read an interesting article by dermie some years back saying he thought he played his best very earlier in his career. It was his view the body is done by 25. Also heard an interview when i was in adelaide earlier this yr from warren tredrea who thought at 28 the next two yrs would be his prime. Unfortunately his knee injury has brought his decline forward a little quicker then it might of been, as it would of been interesting to see how much more he had in the tank as he was a late developer. Another late developer is Barry Hall although its difficult to tell as the leading type CHF's like Hall and Tredrea are especially more reliant on good delivery than the more damaging contested CHF's. Hall is much improved in this area though.

When we look at the two gun CHF's atm pavlich and brown both appear to have injuries that are going to take their toll. There was also a post on the adelaide board by a poster called crow-mo who thought their best was under 24. Personally i think the agility is the most important aspect to keep and that starts to go at 28-30, so i would say their prime in in the 25-28 range. Teams like freo and Brisbane who be weary that they don’t want to waste their guns best yrs right now you’d think.

crackerjack4000 said:
There was also a post on the adelaide board by a poster called crow-mo who thought their best was under 24. Personally i think the agility is the most important aspect to keep and that starts to go at 28-30, so i would say their prime in in the 25-28 range. Teams like freo and Brisbane who be weary that they don’t want to waste their guns best yrs right now you’d think.

Bite.

Apart from your poor english skills, you and crow-mo are right. Matthews has just announced Brown has been rested for the next 3 years until Brisbane are a chance to play in the preliminary final.

Peanut of the highest order.

• Banned
Warwick said:
Bite.

Apart from your poor english skills, you and crow-mo are right. Matthews has just announced Brown has been rested for the next 3 years until Brisbane are a chance to play in the preliminary final.

Peanut of the highest order.

english was always a strong point of mine so that doesnt say alot for me warwick. And you might need to make it 5 yrs.:D

This guy was a great CHF back in the day.

optimus.jpg

crackerjack4000 said:
Also heard an interview when i was in adelaide earlier this yr from warren tredrea who thought at 28 the next two yrs would be his prime. <snip>
leading type CHF's like Hall and Tredrea are especially more reliant on good delivery than the more damaging contested CHF's. .
Would you say in todays game that contested and uncontested marks are no longer a measure of a CHFs worth?

Depends on the player and when they grow into their body
Some players are up and running by 21 and the wear and tear of playing CHF so young can eventually take its toll.
Then you have the players who can be a bit injury prone and take longer to find their best form and they're able to play longer into their 30s as they haven't run themselves into the ground so soon.

For example I wouldn't be surprised if Kosi ends up having a longer career than Riewoldt

IMO its between 23 and 29 yrs of age

By the time they reach 23 the've had 5 years in the system, as well as the required pre-seaons to be in peak physical condition

Barry Hall last 3 years have been absolute gold. You can put alot of it down to maturity.

Look for Jonothon Brown to be an absolute powerhouse in the next 3-4 years as well

Remove this Banner Ad

A CHF's Prime- when is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back