A fresh start?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lady Lawrence

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The season proper is almost upon us and the cabin fever of no "real" footy is about to be eased. Let us all take a plus sign and get the positivity back up and running on this board. Share our opinions on the footy, agree and agree to disagree on who did what, who played well or not, what went right and what went wrong and have some great debates and discussions. Let's stay away from the personal abuse and round out our arguments reasonably. We are all here for the same reason, The Brisbane Lions. Premiers Back to Back and signs looking good for the coming year.

This is not a forum for discussing personal issues, if you have an issue with the club or cheersquad take it up with the relevant people.

If you have an issue with a post take it up with a moderator of this board, if not happy with the response take it up with the administrator's of Big Footy.

Yes there will be some people that come along on here purely to make swipes at others for their opinions and I will do my best to moderate this. I ask you to take some responsibility too and don't rise to the bait, if they don't get a reaction then hopefully they will go away.

Anyone that was out at Coorparoo tonight will know what a great community we have here, all joined by a common thread. I met some great people tonight with amazing stories to tell. 31 hours on a train through floods to see our boys play in Cairns, people who drove down from Bundaberg and Mackay and some first timers to an AFL game who were blown away with what they saw.

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
Thank you. Best post seen 'round here in yonks.

I think the title could have been improved, myself. "A Fresh Fart" would have been a serviceable alternative for all us fans of alliteration out there.

WELL BLOODY SAID!!!!!!!! I noticed too Lady Lawrence that you're a mod of this board now too, don't know how long that's been around for but it's good. :D

Originally posted by Lady Lawrence
The season proper is almost upon us and the cabin fever of no "real" footy is about to be eased. Let us all take a plus sign and get the positivity back up and running on this board. Share our opinions on the footy, agree and agree to disagree on who did what, who played well or not, what went right and what went wrong and have some great debates and discussions. Let's stay away from the personal abuse and round out our arguments reasonably. We are all here for the same reason, The Brisbane Lions. Premiers Back to Back and signs looking good for the coming year.

This is not a forum for discussing personal issues, if you have an issue with the club or cheersquad take it up with the relevant people.

If you have an issue with a post take it up with a moderator of this board, if not happy with the response take it up with the administrator's of Big Footy.

Yes there will be some people that come along on here purely to make swipes at others for their opinions and I will do my best to moderate this. I ask you to take some responsibility too and don't rise to the bait, if they don't get a reaction then hopefully they will go away.

Anyone that was out at Coorparoo tonight will know what a great community we have here, all joined by a common thread. I met some great people tonight with amazing stories to tell. 31 hours on a train through floods to see our boys play in Cairns, people who drove down from Bundaberg and Mackay and some first timers to an AFL game who were blown away with what they saw.

Thank you for your time.
Well said LL.

Bring on the footy

agree with 95% of what you said LL, but lets make sure that robust debate isnt the loser here. I'd hate to see the passion taken out of this board, like I worry it is being taken out of the game. So good luck and so long as healthy debate continues i'm all for it! Oh and can we please see some football soon!!

why still on top ???

Why may I ask that this post is still at the top of the posts ???

surely most that frequent this site/board would have seen it by now...

now just add it to the pile...

you want a fresh start then get on with it...

Bring on the footy !!!

( ps. is that what I am surposed to say ? )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Lady Lawrence
I guess this post is still sitting here as an introduction to this board. Anyone new to the board can see what will and what won't be tolerated.

I am still reasonably new to the board but still don't understand what will and what won't be tolerated. I have seen some innocuous posts removed and other posts which border on libel retained. Some consistency would be nice to see as otherwise us "newies" will remain in a state of confusion as to what is acceptable behaviour for this board.

Home Brand

Originally posted by Home Brand
I am still reasonably new to the board but still don't understand what will and what won't be tolerated. I have seen some innocuous posts removed and other posts which border on libel retained. Some consistency would be nice to see as otherwise us "newies" will remain in a state of confusion as to what is acceptable behaviour for this board.

Home Brand

If you activate your PM/e mail option I would be happy to discuss this with you. If you can't be contacted you won't receive explanations for thread/post deletion/editing.

Guilty!! I know I am guilty for some of the above which LL refers to and apologise for this. I attacked rather than stated asked questions etc.

I will do better with my behaviour in future.

Purely because no one else asked the question and from the responses given to the original post and the behaviour on this board since it appeared everyone else understood. Home Brand has made comments about posts they have had deleted/edited and have not been able to explain the reasons why. Perhaps if the PM option was available HB would not be so unclear on interpreting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A fresh start?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back