A Heads Up To Campbell Brown:

Remove this Banner Ad

The tough players in the AFL go back with the flight of the ball, they put their noses over it when it needs to be won and they fight to the very end.

Brown ticks every one of those boxes.

The last time your football club was close to being competitive it was on the back of guys like Wallis, Hardwick, Barnard etc who may have mis-timed the odd bump (similar to Brown on Wells) but in general earned respect for their hardness.

Brown is in that category.

Brown is a premiership player, an All-Australian, an Australian representative and a Victorian representative. He is a quality player and person.

He was asked a question after the game and said what he felt. Good on him. Isn't the whole 'taking it one week at a time' type answer getting a little boring?

He had a tear in his eye - it shows how much it means to him to wear the jumper. You guys wont win another premiership until that kind of passion is there.

Although Essendon and Hawthorn will go nowhere near a premiership this year (you lasted a week longer than us I guess), we should be excited by what shapes as footballs biggest rivalry. We both have promising young lists and we will no doubt meet each other in some massive contests.

ooohhh i can't wait to to play Essendon next year without 12 players missing;)

Mate, watching it on TV as an impartial viewer, it wouldn't matter if you had 10 extra men....the bombers beat you on the scoreboard and physically beat the shit out of you.

Your team raves about your 'unsociable' football style.
Another team turned it around on you.

No excuses, or this 'can't wait to next time' BS.
They'll probably beat the crap out of you again now they know you like a beating.

Lloyd will go at the tribunal, he has to, especially after Franklin. However Campbell Brown had a half of footy to square up and did nothing. He immediately ran in after the Sewell incident and bravely (as the third man in) tried to confront Lloyd, and couldn't manage to get to him then, nor for the rest of the game. What makes him think he can fool us into the belief he has got it in him to do anything next season? Brown is a phony.
campbell brown= biggest w***er in the AFL, what a show he put on on the boundary line yelling at his own player to hurry up so he could get at lloyd then basically shit himself....if he had any go he would have snotted lloyd like he was carrying on that he was going too....probably for fear of lloyd smashing his face in too....ha ha ha ha god i hate hawthorn thanks for beating them up guys! they fluked the GF last year anyway

The tough players in the AFL go back with the flight of the ball, they put their noses over it when it needs to be won and they fight to the very end.

The last time your football club was close to being competitive it was on the back of guys like Wallis, Hardwick, Barnard etc who may have mis-timed the odd bump (similar to Brown on Wells) but in general earned respect for their hardness.

Brown is a premiership player, an All-Australian, an Australian representative and a Victorian representative. He is a quality player and person.

He was asked a question after the game and said what he felt. Good on him. Isn't the whole 'taking it one week at a time' type answer getting a little boring?

He had a tear in his eye - it shows how much it means to him to wear the jumper. You guys wont win another premiership until that kind of passion is there.

Although Essendon and Hawthorn will go nowhere near a premiership this year (you lasted a week longer than us I guess), we should be excited by what shapes as footballs biggest rivalry. We both have promising young lists and we will no doubt meet each other in some massive contests.

Exactly. 100% agree with you. However, I'll complete the true depiction of a tough player in the areas that you've clearly failed:

-Does not king hit his opposition
-Does not betray his professed courage with cowardice
-Does not throw elbows, knees or the likes upon unsuspecting players
-Does not inherently provide double standards for his own disgraceful actions with relation to the actions of others

Unfortunately, such criteria sees 95% of the Hawthorn list eliminated from being classified as "tough".

Jonathon Brown is tough.
Joel Selwood is tough.
James Hird was tough.
Campbell Brown is entirely concerned with the superficial elements of his game, and his words and laughable actions highlighted the true contradiction of his Scotch College, private school boy nature. He will never be tough.

I still have visions of the thug huffing and puffing, charging onto the field, bitch slapping Gus and picking up 1 disposal (2 if you wanna include the bitch slap) in 40 mins of football. :eek:

Great entertainment. :D

Oh - just like that 44 point loss to Essendon earlier in the year?

No Fletcher, No McVeigh, No Hille, No Prismall, No Reimers, No Hurley amongst others = no worries. :thumbsu: Franklin, Roughead and Williams kicked 8 between them and the Hawks still couldn't get up and win against statistically the youngest side to take the field in an AFL game since 1990. Speaks volumes.

Hawthorn Rd.2 - 22.7

Oops.

Essendon's youngest side of the year was in round 7 and 8, at 22.9.
Other sub 23 sides in 2009:

Melbourne Rd.3 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.12 - 22.8
Richmond Rd.13 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.14 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.15 - 22.8
Richmond Rd.16 - 22.9
West Coast Rd.18 - 22.7
West Coast Rd.19 - 22.8
West Coast Rd.20 - 22.8
Hawthorn Rd.21 - 22.8
Hawthorn Rd.22 - 22.8

Rd.22 Essendon were at 24.5, Hawks 22.8
Rd.7 Essendon were at 22.9, Hawks 23.9

The last time your football club was close to being competitive

I'm pretty sure a supporter of a team that DIDN'T make the finals just made that accusation of a team that DID make the finals.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure a supporter of a team that DIDN'T make the finals just made that accusation of a team that DID make the finals.....

Pretty sure you understand what he meant. You guys aren't a threat to the flag this year, but your young guys will get some good experience going over to Adelaide and playing in a final. What he means is that when you were competitive, back in 1999 - 2001, you were a tough side. Guys like Hardwick, M johnson, P Barnard etc were tough players, who sometimes went outside the rules. It's what made you the side you were. That's the blueprint for our side. Tough hard uncompromising footy. Campbell Brown epitomises this. yeah he oversteps the mark, but he is a player that plays on the edge a lot. He plays with a passion that as a supporter you love.

Hawthorn Rd.2 - 22.7

Oops.

Essendon's youngest side of the year was in round 7 and 8, at 22.9.
Other sub 23 sides in 2009:

Melbourne Rd.3 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.12 - 22.8
Richmond Rd.13 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.14 - 22.9
Richmond Rd.15 - 22.8
Richmond Rd.16 - 22.9
West Coast Rd.18 - 22.7
West Coast Rd.19 - 22.8
West Coast Rd.20 - 22.8
Hawthorn Rd.21 - 22.8
Hawthorn Rd.22 - 22.8

Rd.22 Essendon were at 24.5, Hawks 22.8
Rd.7 Essendon were at 22.9, Hawks 23.9

Feel better now? Close the door on your way out. ;)

Dermie

Was never a big fan when he played us, but aparently Dermie rang Lloydy today to express his feelings. Thought it was a sensational act and he would have done the same in a heartbeat! Spoke very well and stood up for Lloydy and his character!

Re: Dermie

Was never a big fan when he played us, but aparently Dermie rang Lloydy today to express his feelings. Thought it was a sensational act and he would have done the same in a heartbeat! Spoke very well and stood up for Lloydy and his character!

A subtle backhander to SpongeBrown Scarypants, too, perhaps.

My ode to Campbell Brown (to the tune of 'True Blue'):

Hey Campbell Brown
Is it ya mum or dad
are u a cockatoo

you had two quarters to smack lloydy
but all you could is slap number 6
(a poncey girley slap at that)

hey campbell brown
are u crying that u have no guts
that u are weak like your dad?

what about your mate Clarko
he's an angry dwarf (and a weak footballer too)

Hey Campbell
You should change your name to Jeffi
and hang out in Bay Street with all the other toffs

Hey Campbell Hey Campbell.

Brown is and has been one of the most couragous footballers of the last decade

Indeed.

Every night I cry myself to sleep, wishing I had to courage to king hit a bloke who is leaving the ground in the hands of two trainers, concussed.

My ode to Campbell Brown (to the tune of 'True Blue'):

Hey Campbell Brown
Is it ya mum or dad
are u a cockatoo

you had two quarters to smack lloydy
but all you could is slap number 6
(a poncey girley slap at that)

hey campbell brown
are u crying that u have no guts
that u are weak like your dad?

what about your mate Clarko
he's an angry dwarf (and a weak footballer too)

Hey Campbell
You should change your name to Jeffi
and hang out in Bay Street with all the other toffs

Hey Campbell Hey Campbell.

Radiohead already wrote a song to him

[YOUTUBE]ebqcbn0ieKU[/YOUTUBE]

"This is what you'll get when you mess with us"

I don't think anyone questions the way Brown plays.
It was the complete double standard that annoyed me. Brown plays the game hard but has also got a record of belting blokes so it was hradly appropriate for him to be throwing stones from within his glass house.

Buddy got his 2. Lloyd got his 4 and the Fat Controller got his way in continuing to remove the physical eliment fron the game.

Pretty sure you understand what he meant. You guys aren't a threat to the flag this year, but your young guys will get some good experience going over to Adelaide and playing in a final. What he means is that when you were competitive, back in 1999 - 2001, you were a tough side. Guys like Hardwick, M johnson, P Barnard etc were tough players, who sometimes went outside the rules. It's what made you the side you were. That's the blueprint for our side. Tough hard uncompromising footy. Campbell Brown epitomises this. yeah he oversteps the mark, but he is a player that plays on the edge a lot. He plays with a passion that as a supporter you love.
Oh, well if thats the case, Lloyd over steps the mark as well. Therefore, is not a 'sniper'.

The thing is, you never heard a word out of those guys, whether they were knocking people down or getting knocked over themselves. They played hard, but were pretty clinical in the way they did it.

Brown alienates himself from non-Hawks supporters with the whole "biggest peacock in the pen" bravado. His huff and puff are tiring, and opening his mouth to the media simply provides proof of his hypocricy and weaknesses. Guys like Hardwick and the Johnsons didn't need to pump out their chest constantly at the opposition just to remind the fans how tough they were. I for one don't believe the chest beating is all for the opposition in Browns case. It's for those watching in the stands and on telly ... "look at me, look how bloody tough I am" ... it's getting old Campbell, you need a new trick, because your game isn't keeping up with your mouth and you're getting found out on the field by those players a bit too talented for you.

And no, in keeping with this, I don't doubt his courage, in fact I think he has had a self preservation bypass at times, but is that enough to be a good to great footballer? Maybe 20 years ago, but these days he is getting found out and is desperately trying to find other ways to stay relevant in the modern game. He is an anachronism in todays footy.

I remember the days when Dipierdomenico, Ayres, Brereton, Duckworth, Andrews, Merrett etc bashed the crap out of each other - but there was no complaining to the media.

With thanks to the Oils(short memory)

Dipierdomenico, Walshy copped a vicious blow
The captain and smokey oh! short memory
Watson, Stoneham, Van Der Haar

Brownys hit on young Licha short memory
The story of Al Clarskon, the battle of Britain
Draw a line in the sand short memory
Short memory, must have a, short memory

Shoo-oo-oo-rt memory

Remove this Banner Ad

A Heads Up To Campbell Brown:

Remove this Banner Ad