A-League - Round 18: Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory - Melbourne Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the first derby and I went on Saturday night to the second derby. I can tell you Saturday night's crowd was bigger than the crowd for the first derby, so I dont know how there was 23,000 there on Saturday night and 26,000 for the first derby. Sorry to have to keep saying this, but they've got their ticket counting system all wrong at AAMI PARK, I've been to every Victory game this year and apart from the crowd announcement for the very first game against Perth, in my humble opinion, they've got the crowd figure announcement wrong each and every time.

Good crowd in the end. Come kickoff it looked only 1/2 full, but by half time the place was pretty packed.

I would think it would be hard to get more then 27,000 in the place due to the corporate allocations, and member no shows, so 26k & 23k are pretty good turnouts.

FWIW I think the heart end was 72.87% full.

And there's what Melbourne Heart is all about, right there.

And is there anything wrong with that? That's just natural, a new club that is competing with a club that has been around for years, trying to win over Victory/neutral fans after beating their team hopefully twice in a row would have been good for the club.

And is there anything wrong with that? That's just natural, a new club that is competing with a club that has been around for years, trying to win over Victory/neutral fans after beating their team hopefully twice in a row would have been good for the club.

You don't see the problem with cannibalising and damaging what is arguably the A-League's only truly successful club?

Sorry to have to keep saying this, but they've got their ticket counting system all wrong at AAMI PARK, I've been to every Victory game this year and apart from the crowd announcement for the very first game against Perth, in my humble opinion, they've got the crowd figure announcement wrong each and every time.

I concur.

Really wanted to win that game, we are in shocking form at the moment and would have converted a few Victory fans to the Heart.

If thats your business plan to get fans. No wonder your club get crowds of 2,700 and 5,000. I bet you Farts will get 2 Derby home games next year two just to boost and hide there horrible true average!

If thats your business plan to get fans. No wonder your club get crowds of 2,700 and 5,000. I bet you Farts will get 2 Derby home games next year two just to boost and hide there horrible true average!

Would love that tbh ;)

Wish our home match was at aami :(

I wouldn't blame them if they did, why give extra money to a club that's already the most successful in the A-League rather than a club that is struggling with crowd figures?

You don't see the problem with cannibalising and damaging what is arguably the A-League's only truly successful club?

If the Victory have "lost" fans, then they were never true supporters anyway, probably more casual fans.

If they have engaged with another team then there is no need to be bitter if you are jilted.

Rejects? Your the one who started us you tool. To see you walk with those children then to stare at us and try and stir us up is so stupid especially at your age and also especially that we are all under the age of 18. FYI there was a victory fan with us that was not happy with your behaviour and your foul language. I think you were the reject in this case mate as you looked like a total idiot and had people around the street shaking there head at your stupid behaviour ol. You are meant to be the "responsible" adult yet you were the one staring us off (mind you we were with a victory supporter also) trying to stir up trouble with a bunch of lads all under the age of 18. i think you should have along hard look at yourself before you post these self-righteous posts

Erm one of you lot gestured with his arms outstretched "Come on then" style in the direction of the kids when they started singing. What a cowardly bunch you are. I imagine you broke off from that group who walked past the Hisense arena chanting "F*ck off Victory" and (probably) headed over the western of the two footbridges that go past the MCG. Frighten any more family types did you?

As for foul language, I didn't swear and I know that becasue the kids would have picked up on it and they didn't. Don't re-invent the truth.

What I gathered was devout Victory supporters, myself included, didn't give H3AR1 a second glance. I have followed Victory since day 1, as have a few friends of mine, and the longer I have supported them the greater my interest in the club has become (more so than foreign clubs and even the Socceroos, although I still love the mighty Spurs).

A few people I know are premier league mad though, or just AFL fans who didn't really get into the a-league straight away, my old man being included in the latter category. What I noticed was they started to move towards H3AR1 at the start of this season, knowing that the club would need supporters and it would make the rivalry more interesting (my old man stuck with victory, obviously because I go for them).

Either way, point is I don't think Victory's fanbase will be hit too hard, the game is growing in Melbourne, and more and more fans will start coming out of the woodwork as all the self-righteous w***ers that think the a-league isn't good enough actually get dragged along to a game and see how awesome it really is.

Erm one of you lot gestured with his arms outstretched "Come on then" style in the direction of the kids when they started singing. What a cowardly bunch you are. I imagine you broke off from that group who walked past the Hisense arena chanting "F*ck off Victory" and (probably) headed over the western of the two footbridges that go past the MCG. Frighten any more family types did you?

As for foul language, I didn't swear and I know that becasue the kids would have picked up on it and they didn't. Don't re-invent the truth.

I'll eat humble pie here, I actually did (just been informed). One swearword though (very restrained for me), not good infront of the kids, but I don't accept the gesture of the bloke in the front in the stripey shirt.

1. Wasn't part of that lot who walked past Hisense they were heading back to the imperial for a drink. I'm to young to drink.

2. Was apart of the F*ck off victory chants before and during the game well because we hate you, you hate us etc etc etc and that banner in the south end was fine imo. Wow it had a swear word on it you can't tell me people around you at the game don't swear, especially in the NT even though thats probably where you were not sitting.

3. None of us gestured at you until you had to be a smart ass and remind us of the score when my mate then gestured who won the first derby( which btw is the one everyone will remember ;)) which then lead to you walking off in disgust as if to say we were in the wrong and also you said something back to us but i can't recall.

4. Frighten anymore families really? We are under 18 mate we go enjoy the game, support our team and leave. I love football and won't do anything that stupid (go and have a go at families) as it will only end up on the news as they love to bag our game on the smallest things. Maybe thats what your fans should start to look into supporting the game in this country and not do anything stupid to get us ( our beautiful game) on the news being made fun of instead of doing stupid things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IJ5hSwbAA&feature=player_embedded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as you don't do anything stupid....there is a group at Adelaide United games, basically 15-18 yr olds some a bit older and all they do is cause trouble and stick out lie a sore thumb.

What I gathered was devout Victory supporters, myself included, didn't give H3AR1 a second glance. I have followed Victory since day 1, as have a few friends of mine, and the longer I have supported them the greater my interest in the club has become (more so than foreign clubs and even the Socceroos, although I still love the mighty Spurs).

A few people I know are premier league mad though, or just AFL fans who didn't really get into the a-league straight away, my old man being included in the latter category. What I noticed was they started to move towards H3AR1 at the start of this season, knowing that the club would need supporters and it would make the rivalry more interesting (my old man stuck with victory, obviously because I go for them).

Either way, point is I don't think Victory's fanbase will be hit too hard, the game is growing in Melbourne, and more and more fans will start coming out of the woodwork as all the self-righteous w***ers that think the a-league isn't good enough actually get dragged along to a game and see how awesome it really is.

It’s a bit too late now, but as the victory seem to have quite a few western suburbs supports maybe it might of been better for both teams if the victory had set up a base out in the west and played at etihad and the heart were based in the east and play at ammi park.

It’s a bit too late now, but as the victory seem to have quite a few western suburbs supports maybe it might of been better for both teams if the victory had set up a base out in the west and played at etihad and the heart were based in the east and play at ammi park.

*facepalm*

Here's another one who doesn't get it. So I'll say it one more time.

VICTORY ALREADY HAVE ALL OF MELBOURNE.

I live in the west and I work in the east. Whenever it's game day, I see lots of people going to support the Victory from both sides. I saw a Victory supporter on the bus today in Springvale (recognised his shirt from the Vicious Threads Victory collection).

So, trying to carve up Melbourne is pointless. The Victory already hold all of Melbourne and trying to force on half of the city to support Heart will just alienate people.

facepalm? i know that the victory have the majority of the supporter base, i just mean that if you put the victory training ground and home base where the supporter base is concentrated (which appears to be the west) and play at different grounds there is maybe a greater a point of difference between the two clubs.

ROFL

hrtlss.gif

I'm not permitted to use the words I'm thinking to describe this muppet in the Heart home end last night....
Saw that on the bigscreen. So funny :p

facepalm? i know that the victory have the majority of the supporter base, i just mean that if you put the victory training ground and home base where the supporter base is concentrated (which appears to be the west) and play at different grounds there is maybe a greater a point of difference between the two clubs.

Load of Rubbish. Victory have fans all over the shop. Strong points in Frankston, Northern, Western and North Eastern Suburbs. With lots of fans from Geelong, Castlemaine, Bendigo area too.
Victory dont need to move. They are based at the birth place of the Club. Olympic Park. Why would Melbourne Move? To help Hearts get a supporter base? Doesnt work like that. You have La Trobe Uni. Work with that and your retarted fan. Im sure he'll bring the supports in.

Yeah, moving Victory would be a bad idea, and the fans were already annoyed enough about playing at the dome, if we move back there for every game alot of us would leave I think. The new stadium kicks ass, too good for Victory not to pack it out.

We did tell the FFA to eff off not all that long ago. Nothing wrong with Free Assange tbh. Do you work for Shell?

No I don't work for Shell.

I don't necessarily approve of certain elements of our support and their political protests to the FFA.

I have nothing against freeing Assange either. Merely surprised by it coming from a bunch of kids.

4. Frighten anymore families really? We are under 18 mate we go enjoy the game, support our team and leave. I love football and won't do anything that stupid (go and have a go at families) as it will only end up on the news as they love to bag our game on the smallest things. Maybe thats what your fans should start to look into supporting the game in this country and not do anything stupid to get us ( our beautiful game) on the news being made fun of instead of doing stupid things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IJ5hSwbAA&feature=player_embedded

hmmm.......... intresting that this video doesn't include the attempted victory scarf burning that lead to the contents of this video

hmmm.......... intresting that this video doesn't include the attempted victory scarf burning that lead to the contents of this video

Have heard lots about the scuffles here and there around the stadium post-match, most incited by some rather unhappy heart fans who thought it would be wise to go and have a crack at a majority crowd.

The little Asian bloke having a dig at one of the more prominent BWB boys after he decided to shove his scarf in his face and almost lose it was hilarious. Dumbarse.

Load of Rubbish. Victory have fans all over the shop. Strong points in Frankston, Northern, Western and North Eastern Suburbs. With lots of fans from Geelong, Castlemaine, Bendigo area too.
Victory dont need to move. They are based at the birth place of the Club. Olympic Park. Why would Melbourne Move? To help Hearts get a supporter base? Doesnt work like that. You have La Trobe Uni. Work with that and your retarted fan. Im sure he'll bring the supports in.

lol i'm no a heart fan, i just thought playing at separate stadiums would provide a greater point of difference between the clubs. I agree the incentive for the victory to give up some of the market would be pretty low.

lol i'm no a heart fan, i just thought playing at separate stadiums would provide a greater point of difference between the clubs. I agree the incentive for the victory to give up some of the market would be pretty low.

Hearts should play out of Epping Stadium.

AAMI Park was built for Victory.........and the Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League - Round 18: Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory - Melbourne Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back