A-League Round 8: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

A disappointing loss but the atmosphere was awesome. Adelaide deserved to win. It was great to see a decent section of away support similar to the the Sydney game.

We really need Sarkies on the pitch for the set pieces. Brebner's crosses are average at best.

The size of this crowd was actually more impressive than in the Sydney game. At that time the Sydney game was a one-off blockbuster at the Telstra Dome. This crowd was achieved when most of our games our now at TD. We can probably bank on at 30-35k at Sydney and Adelaide games in future.

Paralowiepower said:
But still good enough to beat your *hite :thumbsu:

Yet strangely, guess who'd been substituted just before Adelaide scored the goal? Yep, Ross Aloisi.

I must say one thing though - this incident and this game have got the A-League great coverage in the Melbourne press today. These rivalries within the league are becoming brilliant at making news.

Paralowiepower said:
Btw let's see you get as many away supporters at Hindmarsh as United had today. ;)
BTW, lets see your lot actually pay their way to an away game.

Easy to get numbers when a club sponsor provides the busses for free.

MVFC will have close to, or just over, 200 in Sydney this weekend. And after the game yesterday I would expect about 100+ to make the trip across to Adelaide.

Would love to go, but being a Friday night makes it hard for those of us who work!

Lowie01 said:
As for the Muscat-Kosmina incident, which will no doubt be the main talking point, I was on the other side of the ground so I can't comment on the intention of Muscat (I sense the opinions formed previously here are based on prejudice more than anything), but the FFA have set a benchmark with Nevin and they must at least match that penalty - he has absolutely no right to react the way he did. A touchline ban is in order.

If Kosmina gets a touchline than Muscat needs a ban as well, you can't just shove a coach over and not be punished. If Kossie gets four games like Nevin did for reacting than Muscat should get at least one game as well. With his record in mind too.

Still more than Sydney brought for the final here.

Muscat in the clear, Kosmina to face hearing
Monday, 16 October, 2006 - 4:24PM

Football Federation Australia (FFA) today cited Adelaide United head coach John Kosmina to appear before a disciplinary hearing in relation to an incident in the 87th minute of Sunday’s Round 8 Hyundai A-League match between Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United at Telstra Dome, which resulted in Kosmina being sent from the technical area.

“The sort of behaviour that we observed last night is unacceptable and not appropriate for the Head Coach of a Hyundai A-League Club,” said FFA Head of Operations, Matt Carroll.

“We have set a very high standard of behaviour for our all coaches and players and this sort of incident will not be tolerated in the Hyundai A-League,” concluded Carroll.

Kosmina will now face a disciplinary hearing at 6:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 18th October at the Football Federation Australia Headquarters in Sydney.

No further action is able to be taken against Melbourne Victory player Kevin Muscat, due to the fact that he was issued a yellow card for unsporting behaviour by the referee in relation to the incident.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=5513&pageid=71

Common sense prevails. ;)

sainter said:
Common sense prevails. ;)

Absolute rubbish, lets see what happens when little darling Muscat gets whats coming to him and all you little Melbourneites come on here bitching your heads off.

What kind of an example does this set for any kids watching the game? Its now fine to go running into your opposition coaches?

DB10 said:
If Kosmina gets a touchline than Muscat needs a ban as well, you can't just shove a coach over and not be punished. If Kossie gets four games like Nevin did for reacting than Muscat should get at least one game as well. With his record in mind too.
After seeing the incident again, I wouldn't have objected if Kev got a one-match ban. Howver the FFA have made their decision and I'm perfectly happy with it. :)

There's no doubt that Kosmina must go though, his actions were stupid regardless of Muscat's intent or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sainter said:
We'll see what comes of it on Wednesday.

I imagine they'll take a dim view of a coach putting his hands around the throat of an opposition player.

And they should take the exact same view of a player taking a cheap shot at the coach in the first place

<~---- not a member of The Gate, don't care.

Run along and play with your barbies, chumpette.

JF_Bay_22_SCG said:
Gate in Germany = 0
Cove in Germany = 150+.

Nuff said really. :rolleyes:

JF

I'm not actually saw WTF that has to do with anything really.

From the numerous threads you were making having a go at Victory scarfs at a Socceroos game, why would you have a go at there being no Gate members at the World Cup.

It's not as if United were playing.

looking at the side on replay the Coach got the ball and had no intention of giving the ball back, that crap happens all the time in soccer and about time someone got put on their a$$ for it.

^^

Whilst I've only seen the main shot shown on TV, it appeared that Kosmina had really only just bent down to get the ball when he got knocked on his ass.

His reaction to Muscat was a bit over the top, but he didn't appear to have been holding the ball for too long, nor did he appear to have had time to straighten up again before Muscat bowled him over.

I think it's crap if Kosmina suffers a penalty, whilst Muscat only incurs a yellow card.

Whilst I generally rank soccer lowly in sports I enjoy, this type of incident would certainly aide my watching of this sport. Well especially if there is only minor punishment for them.

AdelUniCrowFan said:
^^

Whilst I've only seen the main shot shown on TV, it appeared that Kosmina had really only just bent down to get the ball when he got knocked on his ass.

His reaction to Muscat was a bit over the top, but he didn't appear to have been holding the ball for too long, nor did he appear to have had time to straighten up again before Muscat bowled him over.

I think it's crap if Kosmina suffers a penalty, whilst Muscat only incurs a yellow card.

Whilst I generally rank soccer lowly in sports I enjoy, this type of incident would certainly aide my watching of this sport. Well especially if there is only minor punishment for them.

Nah kosmina went down like a tone of bricks. Deadset embarrassment that bloke (as is Muscat). Could you image an AFL coach grabbing the neck of another player? Would never happen. Its these unprofessional dimwits from the NSL that need the chop. Someone needs to tell kosi that he isnt tough too, very embarrassing to see him act like that. Needs to work on the media skills, at least put a postive spin on it, just say it was a laugh, instead we have a middle aged man puffing his chest out like hes jon brown. No idea.

Punchy Bassett said:
And they should take the exact same view of a player taking a cheap shot at the coach in the first place

Come on.

We've all seen the replay over the past 24 hours. What Muscat did was a over the top but surely you can't expect the FFA to view both incidents with the same level of seriousness?

Kosmina put his hands around the throat of a player.

This isn't a witch hunt. We have nothing to gain from Kosi serving a lengthy ban. Muscat has already said he'll do all he can to help out.

I just cannot for the life of me believe that people like yourself and some of your fellow supporters refuse to acknowledge the serious error in judgement from Kosmina. You even had the audacity to talk about the example that Kevin Muscat is setting to children. And yet the actions from Kosi? Nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Round 8: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

Back