A-League Round 9: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a sweet Victory, all the goals were very good.

Crowd was ****ful:

Melbourne are the new bling fc
Sydney = *****

Great second half from the Victory. Thought Fred played well, Archies two goals were class. Go Victory!!!
Anyone see right at the end of the broadcast when Muscat was up near the Victory fans that he pushed the security guard???

jules101 said:
Anyone see right at the end of the broadcast when Muscat was up near the Victory fans that he pushed the security guard???

he probably had a ball under his chair :p

Come On Melbourne - Come On Melbourne

good to see the boys stick it up them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was unrealistic to expect any more than that, especially with the weather looking dodgy. Too many Sydneysiders cherry-pick big "events" and wouldn't go to a H&A game, especially when it's up against a live telecast of the NRL test. Sad but true.
Unfortunately I doubt we'll get anywhere near that number for a while. The behaviour of sections of the crowd that were there, with flares being let off and a brawl after the game, will frighten family groups away. It's tragic - after the game's worked so hard to clean up its image, incidents like tonight will set the cause back.

Glory and Fame said:
It was unrealistic to expect any more than that, especially with the weather looking dodgy. Too many Sydneysiders cherry-pick big "events" and wouldn't go to a H&A game, especially when it's up against a live telecast of the NRL test. Sad but true.
Unfortunately I doubt we'll get anywhere near that number for a while. The behaviour of sections of the crowd that were there, with flares being let off and a brawl after the game, will frighten family groups away. It's tragic - after the game's worked so hard to clean up its image, incidents like tonight will set the cause back.
What happened in the brawl?

I didn't see it, I left fairly soon after the game finished and was walking back to Central to get the train home. But I had a few SMSs suggesting about 300 people punched on - unconfirmed reports of a knife being pulled and the riot squad being called in, but I don't have anything to back that up. Certainly there was some sort of incident that brought the A-League into disrepute.:(

Glory and Fame said:
especially when it's up against a live telecast of the NRL test. Sad but true.

Two points.

1. Sydneysiders hardly go to rugby league anyway despite being rugby league "heartland" and continuingly giving **** to Melbourne supporters for low crowds.

2. Don't you have VCR's up there?

Very, very sweet, and incredibly dumb football from Bling.

Yes, we were dominated in the first half. Sydney were all over us like a rash and they deserved to be in front (although our defending was woeful). But it's impossible to keep that level of intensity up for 90 minutes, and they were always going to run out of legs. I knew at half time we were good for at least a point, and it turned out to be all three, even though we played quite poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a sacking during this week, and I can't blame the Bling fans for wanting Butcher gone if they get that served up to them weekly. Amateurish.

And to Cockerill and Farina, you cannot say in one half that goalkeepers are over-protected and in the second half claim that Allsopp "fouled" Bolton. Bloody hypocrites.

Glory and Fame said:
I didn't see it, I left fairly soon after the game finished and was walking back to Central to get the train home. But I had a few SMSs suggesting about 300 people punched on - unconfirmed reports of a knife being pulled and the riot squad being called in, but I don't have anything to back that up. Certainly there was some sort of incident that brought the A-League into disrepute.:(
nothing in the papers...

Lowie01 said:
Very, very sweet, and incredibly dumb football from Bling.

Yes, we were dominated in the first half. Sydney were all over us like a rash and they deserved to be in front (although our defending was woeful). But it's impossible to keep that level of intensity up for 90 minutes, and they were always going to run out of legs. I knew at half time we were good for at least a point, and it turned out to be all three, even though we played quite poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a sacking during this week, and I can't blame the Bling fans for wanting Butcher gone if they get that served up to them weekly. Amateurish.

And to Cockerill and Farina, you cannot say in one half that goalkeepers are over-protected and in the second half claim that Allsopp "fouled" Bolton. Bloody hypocrites.

sydney boys?

Show how many ********s are in Sydney!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game.

Respect to the Victory crew who went up there, outsung the loacls and all looked to be having an awesome time.:thumbsu:

Commentary was one eyed as usual (Seemed genuinely disappointed everytime Victory went forward), but great to see the Victory boys head to the away end after the match, you can tell its appreciated.

f'n awesome to hear our chants on TV from the BWB... well done to the supporters who went up there... what a great night, wish I went!!

Well what a weekend away with the lads.... 400 ***** in Sydney going potty.......2 goals......And the 3 points.......Countless drinks and chants.....What's it all about......:)

Note : There was no brawl.....A bit of push and shove post match outside the "Captain Cook" pub..... 7 Victory supporters arrested for drunken behaviour & pitch invasion.......As for knives and mass brawls........PURE BULLOCKS :thumbsdown:

A little tribute.........:thumbsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18U1JtOdnXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7m4BaHVwrY

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Round 9: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back