A Message to all the fair weather WC 'supporters' who have come out of the woodwork.

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree with op. anyone of our 'supporters' that start launching attacks at our players are either in the closet fremantle supporters or mentally challenged.

nicoski had a shit game, i recon we should delist him.

omg cox, did you see him? did nothing all day. delist him too.

lecras was down too..... maybe cut him and re-draft as a rookie?

it's alright, in a few days time the rage cools down and the brains start to actually come into use....

also, anyone ever notice how these are the same people that wanted woosha, cox, embley, schofield and lynch sacked last year?

i get it, you will all come out and be like WHATT!??!?! WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ANALYSE THE GAME? OMG, ITS A FREE COUNTRY, I DO WAAT I WAWWNT. etc, etc, etc.

i have this feeling you're also the fans that are at games going JUST F***ING KICK IT. omg, rowan jones is so bad why is he still playing for us? who's the sub? who? pafftic infinity?

/rant

To be honest I think Collingwood were half baked in the QF.. We were still exposed much the same as we were today. The only difference between PF and QF is that we looked worn out today.

We were opened up far too easily by both sides, and their is far too much space to play the press we play. Not saying it wouldn't work, would just need a tweak for games played at the G to shut down the additional space.
I agree that this is definitely something that should have been looked at.

But as said, today was not a tactical or even purely personnel failure, it was one of effort and execution.

If we had a real crack today and got beaten i can accept that.

However i cant accept 95% of the players rocking up and going through the motions like we already lost or they didnt want to be there.

There was a decidedly obvious lack of intensity today and the players embarressed themselves and the club.

If the players or coaching staff are happy with that effort today,they are kidding themselves.

This club has a proud history and demands success.I want that to continue.I dont want us to become a freo and accept mediocre efforts.

Yes we achieved more than we expected this season and thats great.But we must never accept efforts like today,and we must come out next year hungry and improve on this year,if your not improving,your going backwards.

i agree with op. anyone of our 'supporters' that start launching attacks at our players are either in the closet fremantle supporters or mentally challenged.

nicoski had a shit game, i recon we should delist him.

omg cox, did you see him? did nothing all day. delist him too.

lecras was down too..... maybe cut him and re-draft as a rookie?

it's alright, in a few days time the rage cools down and the brains start to actually come into use....

also, anyone ever notice how these are the same people that wanted woosha, cox, embley, schofield and lynch sacked last year?

i get it, you will all come out and be like WHATT!??!?! WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ANALYSE THE GAME? OMG, ITS A FREE COUNTRY, I DO WAAT I WAWWNT. etc, etc, etc.

i have this feeling you're also the fans that are at games going JUST F***ING KICK IT. omg, rowan jones is so bad why is he still playing for us? who's the sub? who? pafftic infinity?

/rant

Why are you so upset? It's just a forum. We're just talking about a game of footy.

Today was disappointing and it would be foolish to ignore how we were exposed by a quality side in an important game ...

The reality is that, at times, we have been exposed and there is some things we should learn from that. We lack at least one quality crumbing forward with genuine speed who can run through midfield at times... we clearly lack class in the midfield and there are issues with our current set up at times with pace when the oppostion can get the ball "outside" - we prefer a very congested on ball game that allows us to get the best out of our hard at it inside group but when a team gets it 15 to 20m away from that congestion we lack pace, we also lack enough players who hurt the other team with line breaking games either through speed or great skills (or both) (those players could be mids or half backs) we do still have a lot of fairly average kicks in our team ....

Today this was amplified by a lack of spark and by spotty effort levels. I suspect we were buggared and had more than our fair share of blokes who were carrying knocks...

Just reaming certain blokes is counter-productive but to not learn from what happens in the biggest games is silly and a few suspected weakness' were definitely exposed today ...

What? If you think I missed your point, please enlighten me, because I'm pretty sure I got it.
Without creating excuses, I agree today was not good enough, but how about we look at the underpinning reasons for that performance.

The way it's being dissected, it's as if these players are just horrible specimens and don't deserve their place in the side. I'm yet to see a logical constructive analysis of today's game apart from the words "spud, heartless etc".

Heading into 2012, these kneejerk type rants won't help anyone except those of you feel the need to vent your diatribes without applying too much thought to them.

For a few days some will be dissecting the game and going over the top in their criticism of players but after that all will/should realise what a terrific season we've had. You're slightly wrong though, 16th to 4th.

I thought we got third for playing in this game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because Hawthorn got eliminated before us doesn't put us ahead of them. They finished higher in the home and away season and got eliminated at the same stage, means them 3rd and us 4th.

Thanks for clearing that up. Better draft pick, guess we'll need it after delisting half our list :rolleyes:

Must admit i was pretty dissapointed with the negativity displayed on our board after the game after such a great season

I wasn't happy that we couldn't perform better but deep down in my heart i knew there was reasonable chance that we wouldn't be able to get up against a very experienced Geelong team playing in Melbourne with a weeks break. Paticularly after the game vs Carlton.

Huge positives from the season though when you consider that we had 8 players under the age of 23 playing in there first finals campaign.

Hey qstick were you the one that bought that guernsey?
Nah.. not the signed one.. couldn't justify the $990 for it.. I did, however, find one in the shop! :D

@mattman - None of what I read thus far from the slayers could be classified as "constructive"... and Quniz is correct - there are some regular roasters after a loss.

2c - The long season plus some injury niggles took their toll I believe, not to mention the game last week.
For all we know, as non-players & not actually part of the club matchday crew, the players gave everything they had on the day. The performance today was unlike the side we've seen this season, and I'd like to believe there must be a reason for it rather than just bag the team out for being sub-par.

To make sweeping statements that they didn't give everything and played without passion, sans proof, puts you in the league of flogs like Stronzo and StephenShavedHam.

so many more positives than negatives, such a good year compared to the past few. move on a support as a supporter should!

A lot of posters are out of line but it's inevitable after a long season of football. It'll all settle down in a few days. Supporting a football club takes it out of you and some people rightly or wrongly have a larger amount of emotion invested in the club.

There's idiots, negative type supporters in all sport, but come on, if it was all peaches and cream and peace and loyalty, this place would be pretty boring. Isn't that why we come here, to voice individual opinions?

Some things are obviously just silly though, and agree that it seems to come to the fore after losses. Oh well, I guess idiots always have and always will play their part in keeping the football world spinning. I can't deny some of the nonsense that comes out of mouth in the heat of battle.

Hence why I choose to watch football in solitude. Hopefully I calm down in my later years but observing my old man, that seems unlikely.

Maybe but I am not sure if this is truly the case.

We matched it well with Collingwood, the masters of the G and we didn't play that great a football.

Today was not a failure of our gameplan, it was a lack of effort, composure and discipline.

How else do you explain our tackle count, the lack of pressure, run and chase? The poor execution by players even when not under pressure?

I call bullshit. The players looked like they were knackered to me. Two tough finals where they gave everything they had, which left them pretty well cooked.
Go ahead accuse them of being weak and not trying as if they somehow couldn't be arsed having a go.
God there are some ungrateful pricks around here.
And the **** who hoped someone pushes Embley out the plane on the way home is a deadset oxygen thief

Remove this Banner Ad

A Message to all the fair weather WC 'supporters' who have come out of the woodwork.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back