A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

what a cow

Caro's very good to us, but she has to chuck in something sobering every now and then. Better that she does it with some basic, cold, hard facts than the all out attacks she saves for many others.

They're always going to say something to upset somebody, but KB and Caro treat the Tige's well and we should be thankful that we have two of the most powerful footy journo's on our side.

And no, I'm not related to/slept with/owe money to either of them.

Caro's very good to us, but she has to chuck in something sobering every now and then. Better that she does it with some basic, cold, hard facts than the all out attacks she saves for many others.

They're always going to say something to upset somebody, but KB and Caro treat the Tige's well and we should be thankful that we have two of the most powerful footy journo's on our side.

And no, I'm not related to/slept with/owe money to either of them.

She is of course writing for the general audience, not just Tiger fans. She does a good job.

She is of course writing for the general audience, not just Tiger fans. She does a good job.

General audience! GENERAL AUDIENCE!!

Everything said about the RFC is directed at a select handful of posters on the Tige's Bigfooty site. As are the voices in the background of KFC commercials, you know the one's - if you listen very closely you can hear them saying, "Dusty's going to GWS and Demetrious writing the cheque".

I believe that there is also a hidden message in the small type on VB stubbies that suggests should Richmond look like making the finals in the next four years we will be immediately uprooted and moved to Darwin.

General audience my backside. Obviously RFC Official is a stooge for the greater conspiracy (which was also responsible for bringing back the Egg Flip Big M when both Blueberry and Jaffa were clearly more deserving).

Ooh, hang on. Just getting a message through on my fillings right now.

A guy called up on K.B's show on SEN this morning saying that he works for a large marketing / advertising firm on Collins St and has had a couple of companies contact him regarding sponsorship of the Tigers, he says he called Richmond with this news and someone yesterday at the club said that they will call him back.
As of 11am this morning he said he was still waiting for that call ! ! !

Don't know how true this is but if it's true it's very very slack on the clubs behalf.....:thumbsdown:

A guy called up on K.B's show on SEN this morning saying that he works for a large marketing / advertising firm on Collins St and has had a couple of companies contact him regarding sponsorship of the Tigers, he says he called Richmond with this news and someone yesterday at the club said that they will call him back.

Don't know how true this is but if it's true it's very very slack on the clubs behalf.....:thumbsdown:

Doesn't sound very professional does it - of the "marketing guy" that is. Calls a potential client one day, hasn't been called back less than 8 working hours later, then goes on the radio bagging his potential market.

Big bag'o'poo if you ask me.

Thanks Al, good to see that it has been acted on.

Haggard, for a club that has no major sponsor, waiting more than 8 business hours to call back is 8 hours to many but as you say it may all be a bag of poo....

Doesn't sound very professional does it - of the "marketing guy" that is. Calls a potential client one day, hasn't been called back less than 8 working hours later, then goes on the radio bagging his potential market.

Big bag'o'poo if you ask me.

Totally agree Haggard. I'd also question why a potential 'major sponsor' was calling some 'large advertising/marketing firm' instead of calling the club directly. Sure large firms use external companies, but for a major sponsorship I'd have thought they would have come to a decision that this was what they were going to do (possibly in conjunction with the aforementioned company), and then call the club direct.

This reeks a little bit of BS grandstanding to me...

Ok RFC. This is getting ridiculous. I need you to announce a sponsor so I can by a jumper to wear for my annual round 1 shindig in Sydney. My Carlton mate will be wearing his, likewise all my other footy mates. At the moment I'll be the only one without a jumper, and it's at my house!

This is actually quite desperate, all I have at the moment is a yellow retro tee my wife bought me that arrived last week. Yellow? WTF was she thinking? If it was charcoal it would be cool, but as it is I'll look like giant fat banana.

So, from a purely selfish POV, I beg you, please make an announcement soon.

You're still not going to get one in time. The merchandise is going to follow 6-8 weeks after the announcement.

i can assure you this was no BS

Brendon Gale said it was true at RFC_O said it was true on another forum, no-one is doubting it. Think he's a bit precious though, not even waiting 24 hours before he calls into SEN and bags the club.

Obviously an opposition supporter.

Well Azzla, I hope it wasn't you that was the caller. A follow up call the next day reiterating any possibilities (and if they needed an urgent response) should have been sufficient. I'm sure Benny fields a million calls a day, and like all organizations the RFC need a little time to sort the chaff from the wheat before the headline staff are involved.

If the caller did in fact work for a major ad/marketing co and did have a major sponsorship on the cards they've acted in an astonishingly unprofessional manner in calling SEN, and their boss should be hauling their arse over the coals right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendon Gale said it was true at RFC_O said it was true on another forum, no-one is doubting it. Think he's a bit precious though, not even waiting 24 hours before he calls into SEN and bags the club.

Obviously an opposition supporter.

On the chat Benny said he heard about it and was onto it. He never said it was true.

Big Diff.

Come on guys, which would you rather? Accept a sponsorship offer for below market value so that we can keep some precious supporters happy, or keep working on the best deal? There is no doubt in my mind they could pull the trigger with any of our current sponsors to upgrade to jumper sponsor. But the $$ would be less than market value.

Sheesh, who really gives a shit about getting a jumper with the 'new' logo on it?

Come on guys, which would you rather? Accept a sponsorship offer for below market value so that we can keep some precious supporters happy, or keep working on the best deal? There is no doubt in my mind they could pull the trigger with any of our current sponsors to upgrade to jumper sponsor. But the $$ would be less than market value.

Sheesh, who really gives a shit about getting a jumper with the 'new' logo on it?

Benny talking to Bill Gates.:D

Club sells less merchandise because it's not available = less $'s.

Sponsor has fewer people walking around bearing their logo = unhappy sponsor = less $.

Yes, don't accept $1Million when you think you might get 2, but at the same time, if it's close, suck it up.

Club sells less merchandise because it's not available = less $'s.

Sponsor has fewer people walking around bearing their logo = unhappy sponsor = less $.

Yes, don't accept $1Million when you think you might get 2, but at the same time, if it's close, suck it up.

With respect:

Re point 1, the merchandise just gets sold later. Impact on cash flow is minor (provided sponsor gets named prior to Rd 1). $ Impact negligible.

Re point 2, sponsor they can't be unhappy if they aren't the sponsor yet. No impact on $ whatsoever.

Re point 3, fair enough. But we don't really know how close or not potential sponsors are to what the RFC wants.

I think people need to relax a bit, on another Richmond Forum I use a highly rated poster who is 'in the know' says that we are well down the track of negotiations with a potential sponsor apparently it is one from left field a large company looking to expand its business.

I think the club is holding out on naming the Sponsor until the March 17th function getting maximum exposure for both the club and Sponsor.

Major Sponsor + TFTF Function on same day = Potentially larger donations for the club.

Interesting to hear Gary March on SEN this morning. Mentioned that they have some exciting news to reveal at the Mar 17 event. I wonder if it is sponsorship related. Fair chance I reckon ;)

Interesting to hear Gary March on SEN this morning. Mentioned that they have some exciting news to reveal at the Mar 17 event. I wonder if it is sponsorship related. Fair chance I reckon ;)

Better be.:) I was thinking just this morning it looks like we're starting the season without a co-major sponsor.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back