A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

From an advertising perspective, the fact that the green really does stand out on the black and yellow is a good thing. The eye is drawn to it. Saying that, it would stand out on most of the clubs jumpers.

From an advertising perspective, the fact that the green really does stand out on the black and yellow is a good thing. The eye is drawn to it. Saying that, it would stand out on most of the clubs jumpers.

Spot on El Tigre. Sponsors want bang for their buck. To be honest I couldnt remember the last back of jumper sponsor until i saw a picture. The Black and White just blended in and was somewhat un-noticeable.

Indeed!

I should stop calling our captain Alfred E! I'm getting too old and no one understands:eek:!

No , mate, i remember i used to vandalise my brothers MAD mags with the fold thing at the back just to see what the gag was.

No , mate, i remember i used to vandalise my brothers MAD mags with the fold thing at the back just to see what the gag was.

Classic! Spy v Spy etc.

Sorry Mods. I'm getting off topic! I'm off to Melb for a golf day with a few Tigers!

Haere Ra

The club are doing a really good thing by announcing them one at a time. In the off season these small announcements can easily get a whole article and it gives the club and the sponsor a constant headline. If they were to do this in the middle of the season it wouldn't work as there is no shortage of other more important articles. It seems the Tigers are in the news every other day. Good work Benny Gale and media team!

Classic! Spy v Spy etc.

Sorry Mods. I'm getting off topic! I'm off to Melb for a golf day with a few Tigers!

Haere Ra

The lighter side of,

The take offs of the movies

The back page fold in

The sketches in the column

When i first went to NYC in the early 80's i went to their offices and told them i was a big fan - I got to meet Sergio Aragones.

Long live Roger Kaputnik !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic! Spy v Spy etc.

Haere Ra

V Spy v Spy. Handy pub band. Poor mans oils if i recall (cue IDGAF).

The club are doing a really good thing by announcing them one at a time. In the off season these small announcements can easily get a whole article and it gives the club and the sponsor a constant headline. If they were to do this in the middle of the season it wouldn't work as there is no shortage of other more important articles. It seems the Tigers are in the news every other day. Good work Benny Gale and media team!

Would have to strongly disagree here, The timing of the bingle announcement left it languishing amongst the Australian Open tennis news. I think it should have been announced next week in the lead up to the All-Star game - maybe tuesday or wednesday. The papers would have nothing else to talk about.

Did even get a mention in the Age? No. And the article in the Herald-Sun was about Clive Peters ... ohh and by the way theyve signed Bingle as well as a major sponsor (the image was good though admittedly) but the combination of title and imagery messed up the message.

And the clubs offical website still doesnt have a single link to either signet or bingle. Thats is really poor form. these should have been published on the day of the announcement.

To the media team at Richmond - I say lift your game actually.:thumbsdown:

To the team in charge of signing these sponsors I give the BIG THUMBS UP :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:. Brilliant Work ony one co-major to go. And then keep sniffing around for more minor partner opportunities.

Would have to strongly disagree here, The timing of the bingle announcement left it languishing amongst the Australian Open tennis news. I think it should have been announced next week in the lead up to the All-Star game - maybe tuesday or wednesday. The papers would have nothing else to talk about.

Maybe that time spot is reserved for the front of the jumper sponsor :rolleyes:

If it was TCL that was the next sponsor, is it strange that they already have Box Hill hawks and West Perth as sponsors?

Interesting point #1 -If you google TCL you will see that Clive Peters do not stock that brand so there is a conflict (potentially) there

Interesting point #2 TCL is the ASX abbreviation for Transurban - a very big Australian company indeed

Interesting point #1 -If you google TCL you will see that Clive Peters do not stock that brand so there is a conflict (potentially) there

Interesting point #2 TCL is the ASX abbreviation for Transurban - a very big Australian company indeed

Free Tolls for all Richmond supporters on Eastlink and Citylink! Id suppport that sponsorship arrangement!

Free Tolls for all Richmond supporters on Eastlink and Citylink! Id suppport that sponsorship arrangement!

Ha, can you imagine how huge our membership would suddenly become if that was the case?

Sounds like the 'aints are still looking for a major sponsor since jeld-wen downgraded.
Maybe with their recent poor publicity it will make it a bit easier for us to get a new Co-major sponsor, if it hasn't already been stitched up. Or maybe 2 more. :D
Hopefully it will be announced at the family day.

Good points Jack. It always made me laugh that AFG was the ASX code for Allco Finance and we know what happened to them!

We have Dick Smith and Clive Peeters involved with the club and they are in similar markets. Don't discount the power of confucious.

Did even get a mention in the Age? No. And the article in the Herald-Sun was about Clive Peters ... ohh and by the way theyve signed Bingle as well as a major sponsor (the image was good though admittedly) but the combination of title and imagery messed up the message.

And the clubs offical website still doesnt have a single link to either signet or bingle. Thats is really poor form. these should have been published on the day of the announcement.

To the media team at Richmond - I say lift your game actually.:thumbsdown:

To the team in charge of signing these sponsors I give the BIG THUMBS UP :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:. Brilliant Work ony one co-major to go. And then keep sniffing around for more minor partner opportunities.
WHat sort of coverage did you expect? 17 teams all have sponsors. Each club signing a sponsor is not back page news nor is it worthy to lead off the sports bulletin on the nightly news.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back