A study of accepting mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I don't like the term backflip. A correctly executed backflip results in you facing the same way, only further away. Like Neil Craig going from "best list ever" to "most promising list ever"

Personally I don't like the term backflip. A correctly executed backflip results in you facing the same way, only further away. Like Neil Craig going from "best list ever" to "most promising list ever"

Or sacking Mumbles to bring in Slops.

Seriously what? Nobody involved in the off-field staff at Port have said we WANT Davis. They've said we'll consider him, but nobody's said we want him. If nobody's said that, then not wanting him anymore is a backflip. Primus saying that they're interested is borderline though, I'll give you that.

Oh goodness.......:rolleyes:

They're young, they'll hopefully be ready in the next couple of years to play that role, but they're not yet.

Like Daniel Bass and Marlon Motlop and the other Westhoff..you mean like that ?

Oh. OK.

Well, I don't count the Suns, Port or Brisbane. LOL,WOODENSPOONCROWS! :rolleyes:

Your perogative.

Why can't I have it both ways? It does go both ways. Let's put it this way, every time he's selected Davis will hinder the development of one player by causing him to miss out on selection but help the development of 21 others by his role in the team.

You can't...you either get him to play him or not ... so you get him but don;t play him ...that sounds familiar - Jay Nash and Cam Cloke say hi.

Lol. I don't think Dom Cassisi has much say in our recruiting :rolleyes:

More's the pity. Poor bastard having to front week in week out trying to organise that rabble....;)
Pretty sure Wangas said it was a good idea too, are you gonna post that next?

See above - maybe Wanganeen may actually know a thing or two.

All this talk about Davis hypothetically stunting the growth of Port youngster, meanwhile who's development is being hindered by the retention of Reilly and Doughty? Surely they only have a year or two left in them and you have no chance of a premiership while they are around so why keep them?

All this talk about Davis hypothetically stunting the growth of Port youngster, meanwhile who's development is being hindered by the retention of Reilly and Doughty? Surely they only have a year or two left in them and you have no chance of a premiership while they are around so why keep them?

Didn't hear ADELAIDE crapping on about a youth policy all year did we!

Think before you post dav3y boy!

It's quite simple really dav, they think that they are a chance for the premiership:thumbsu:

Nope, just "top 4" and "most exciting young list ever" :thumbsu:

This is about "accepting medocrity" ..... aiming for a top 4 finish I would have thought was just the opposite.

Youth policy - go after 30 year olds...yeah ...rite.....
:rolleyes:

Seriously what? Nobody involved in the off-field staff at Port have said we WANT Davis. They've said we'll consider him, but nobody's said we want him.

So Peter Rohde saying you were "definitely interested" wasn't an indication that you wanted Davis?

Actually, nevermind. I know the wannabe lawyer is just going to deny it.

If you take it out of context it is. Now let's put it in context.

'We're definitely interested in him but we need to find out exactly where he's at and what he wants to do before we can progress.'

Nobody involved in the off-field staff at Port have said we WANT Davis

Yeah....rite ........:rolleyes:

So the club wanted to find out about the circumstances surrounding drafting him before deciding whether they would draft him. They did, and now Rhode's interest has apparently cooled. Backflip?

Look... try to understand ...the backflip is not whether you wanted Davis or not - it's the youth policy versus getting a 30 year old. THAT is what the club backflipped and then backflipped again on ...yeah ...youth policy ...yeah get a 30 year old...nah, youth policy

Of course, this is all assuming that Rhode isn't just being evasive and trying to throw other clubs off of what we're doing, which does sound like the sort of thing he'd do. I certainly hope you don't take every word from your club's recruiting manager as gospel. Speaking of which, how many players who Rendell ranked in his top 10 did the Crows draft this year?

Using an assumption as a diversion .....nice try.

Our pick was 27 ...what strange thing to say.:confused:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

No....I was spot on and you simply have no answer.

You say the young ones need to improve ...... I was just pointing out 3 you had that NEVER improved....one red hot get that never even played a game...... so there is no guarantee any you have now will get any better.

And you can' have it both ways ....each of your arguments are mutually exclusive.

You either get Davis, play him and he takes up a spot for one of your "youths" or
You get Davis and don't play him ...a la, Nash and Cloke and Bass'
And since your recruiting has been at best, ordinary, bagging a whole lot of half back flankers over the past few years....I think you could do worse than listening to Cassissi and Wanganeen ......

gopower in high school:

friend: hey gopower do you like <girl>?
gopower: I'm definitely interested!
<girl>: in your dreams, loser!
gopower: Aww, I didn't really want her, I was just considering her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has race got to do with it?

tina_turner.jpg

"... s'got todo, s'got todo with it?"

Ah, so the problem was that you're not smart enough to differentiate between old = good and young = bad. Word of advice, don't describe what an AFL club is doing as a 'backflip' just because you're not smart enough to understand it.

I am very smart.... too smart for you!:D

Youth policy ....30 year old..yeah ...youth policy ...30 year old ...nah

Were you? You might have been, I have no idea what the point of those ramblings were so I don't know.

Stopped reading there....
Oh, so what you were saying is that not everybody a club drafts will turn out to be stars of the AFL. How insightful.

No..YOU said the 3 you listed needed to improve..I listed 3 that never improved ..so what makes you think the 3 you listed will?

Edited for a more relevant analogy.
You like girls ? :p

Isn't Ah Chee a raw player with a large potential upside?

Motlop was the same.

What has race got to do with it?

Upside...mmm..yes ..that's why they passed on the Rising Star a couple of years ago.... upside ..pppfffttt..no upside if you ain;t on the park!:D

Here's a fun game. Look up how many games Hamish Hartlett played this year, then look up how many games Daniel Rich played this year.

Also, if Rising Stars are so important, then I can't wait for Carlton or Collingwood to trade us Murphy, Thomas or Pendles for Danyle Pearce, considering that Danyle won his Rising Star award in the debut year of all three of them :eek:

You're really bad at this.

I google Rich and I get 6000 of these...
images

Hartlett has taken what ...how many seasons to play a full season and then he's off to hospital AGAIN at the end of this last season. Rich 62 games Hartlett 31. You're VERY bad at this.

Seriously, he may be a good player, but he was injury prone when you recruited him and has contributed half what Rich has to his team.

And don't give me upside crap. Rich was good from the get go ...he'll stay good.

I guess you're right, they'll never improve. We may as well delist all of them. Chad Wingard too. While we're at it, you guys should delist McKenzie, Grigg and whoever else you drafted, since they'll never improve either.

Never said that ...just said you have a track record of players never really improving ..like Danyle Pearce....

Here's a fun game. Look up how many games Hamish Hartlett played this year, then look up how many games Daniel Rich played this year.

Also, if Rising Stars are so important, then I can't wait for Carlton or Collingwood to trade us Murphy, Thomas or Pendles for Danyle Pearce, considering that Danyle won his Rising Star award in the debut year of all three of them :eek:

You're really bad at this.

I guess you're right, they'll never improve. We may as well delist all of them. Chad Wingard too. While we're at it, you guys should delist McKenzie, Grigg and whoever else you drafted, since they'll never improve either.

Hartlett's best game is as a loose man across HB, allowed to rack up free possies with no pressure on him.

Rich is a geniune midfielder able to handle the pressures of having players around him.

There is no comparision. Under pressure Hartlett is useless.

Or, if we're not living in the past, Rich 16 v Hartlett 16.

:eek:

First 'Sellar would be Melbourne's best defender' and now this? Clearly you haven't had a bite in a while and you've gotten bored.

You're right, Geoffa should have pointed out that Sellar would be Ports best defender.

He is correct about where Hartlett gets his disposals though.

That's nice. Now trying Googling 'Danyle Pearce rising star award'. Then try Googling 'Marc Murphy/Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury rising star award'.

Or, if we're not living in the past, Rich 16 v Hartlett 16.

Rich won that award by a massive margin....and Andy Otten came second....and he goes ok too.
OK ...we'll talk about this season ...who has had their shoulder in a sling for the last 6 weeks....:rolleyes:

62 games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 31
Rich isn't even that good of a player. He's a big body with an excellent kick, but he's not much else. The Lions would love Rich to have someone with Hartlett's accumulating and marking ability to go with the excellent kick, something that both players share.

..................................................... SHEESH:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

A study of accepting mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back